JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got my 627 with 8rds 357mag on board and if that can't do the job my bear gun will ! 460xvr :D

07868FF6-5A96-4FA6-A377-A39C56259C1D.jpeg

Will be making a comeback when the new laws pass.
They actually have been 'making a comeback' for quite some time - check the prices of 'classic' models (specifically low and no dash S & Ws) they have risen noticeably in the last couple years with the nicer models commanding higher prices and don't sit around too long. Here are two 'moderately' desirable Smiths I bought last year. I say 'moderately' because the Mod 66 in a 2 1/2" inch and the Mod 60 in 3" are definitely two of the hottest on the market (these are of course 4' and 2") but I did very well on these so I ain't complainin'
_OWcn4XX-YQiA1fi4mbUUmwBZKURe-2M6iFP_6nlja2FrAF1x9uK6B5lSOZs9B3P09zS_rnWqwHwWbU8aIU=w328-h246-no.jpg

We have a brace of Smith and Wesson J frames for my wife, both with 3" barrels and adjustable sights. One is a M60 in 357 and the other is an identicle stainless gun in 22 LR. They are both modern with the internal lock (that we have never touched) but very good quality accurate guns. The 357 bucks pretty good with "Social work" ammo. The 22 paid for its self in ammo cost savings while she was learning to shoot. I also have and frequently use a 4" M629 44 Mag, many Colts including a python and a magnificent nickle trooper MKlll and many early collectible Colts.......I prefer the Colt but the Smith is also a very good product. I also have the Iver Johnson that my great grandmother carried in her pocket. They lived in Indian country not long after the Nez Pierce Indian wars (and Custer massacre) so she liked to be prepared.

It's going to tick off the Glock fans they have to give up their home protection for a revolver. Plus the expense of buying another gun and ammo then train with it. Might want to find a 45 acp revolver or 9mm revolver, good luck finding a 10 or 40 in a revolver. Don't forget the speed loaders and new holsters and sign up for the revolver shoots at the club since they won't be holding IPSC or any other shoots with semis.

Speed steel with a revolver anyone?:eek:

I have 2 pairs of 1858 Remington replicas, and a third stainless Ruger Old Army, a Colt Python .357 mag, and a little Ruger Super Six, nothing to worry about, I also have plenty of powder and lead to last till rapture!:D
Don' forget, you might want to add a few Black Powder long guns to your collection, they may end up being all you get to have!:(

If I had to choose one handgun to keep, it would be my 4" 629. It is the most versitle handgun on the planet. I load most ammo at 44 special levels using trail boss but for serious work I always have heavy magnums available. I also use a lot of shot capsules that are perfect medicine for snakes or varmits in the barn. There are a lot of adaquate 44 Magnum revolvers but to my hand so many of them are bulky, heavy with sharp corners and not pleasing to the eye. My M29's and 629's have always held up well without any problems, Parts (I have never needed any) and people capeable of working on them are readily available. They were Elmer Keith's favorite 44 mag revolvers (he died before the advent of the Anaconda that I am sure is a fine revolver) I have taken everything from coyotes to elk with mine and it has always been effective for anything I asked of it.

A pre-Model 29 with the 6-1/2" Tube riding in a Hoyt Front Break Holster is my choice of Wheel Guns. A fine gentleman by the name of George Garval(Everett WA) Ported the barrel and made the Gun much tamer without any velocity loss. I did the Action work and have always been very pleased with the results.:):):)

If it were me, I would be shopping a Dan Wesson .44 mag!:D

I haven't looked too much, but I should add that to the list. The ones I've been taking a hard look, in order of interest, has been:

• A vintage Model 29.
  • The newly made, "Classic", Model 29.
  • Astra Model 44.
  • Ruger Redhawk.
I'll add the Dan Wesson to the research. I've personally had good luck with Taurus and Rossi wheelguns, but I haven't really looked at their offerings in .44 as of yet.

:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top