JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Doctor on national tv saying assault rifles do more damage to human tissue than pistols!! I thought velocity, bullet type, and location were the root cause of severe damage. Glad he just informed the nation on this expert knowledge of his. Propaganda at its finest.

I know there has been considerable discussion in recent years about increased tissue damage from 'hydrostatic shock' [for bullets traveling at 2200 fps or more]. It seems to have spilled over into a debate point for the AWB crowd of late. For hunters it is a good thing if you're putting a high velocity hunting bullet in the boiler room, but a bad thing if shot placement is poor and it turns edible meat to mush.

assault rifles do more damage to human tissue than pistols

This is a fact for 99% of the weapons in common circulation - namely, 5.56/.223 will do more damage than 9mm (in every flavor)/.40/.45/.357/etc.

You'll never win the argument being a grammar nazi on technicalities.

It's true that a bullet from an "assault rifle" is more lethal than one from the average handgun, but the half-truth that they want you to believe is that it has something to do with the "assault" part, instead of the "rifle" part.

The truth is that a bullet from an average hunting rifle, that hunters have been using for 120+ years, is far more lethal than one from a so-called "assault rifle".

An 18-wheeler would do more damage than a Honda Civic if it was driven through a brick wall into a shopping center.

The real problem is people should not be wantonly murdering innocent people. That's the question I would like to see the Doctor address, is why are so many people effed up in the head, and how did we get this way.

The truth is that a bullet from an average hunting rifle, that hunters have been using for 120+ years, is far more lethal than one from a so-called "assault rifle".
Maybe 5-6 years ago I met a retired vet who told me he preferred the M14 to the M16 for this reason. He said the M14 would knock someone out of the fight with one (1) hit, especially people who were on drugs.

It's basic physics, nothing magical about an "assault" rifle. They want the ignorant masses to believe that the "assault" part makes it some kind of death ray.

A half-century ago, the M-16 was widely derided as a pip-squeak mouse-gun. The 5.56 round is quite lethal of course, but nothing compared to the old '06.

They've been playing these games for decades. I remember 20+ years ago seeing a Doonesbury comic strip, where a character hunts a deer with an "AR". Of course the illustration is a "BRRRAAAAP" of full auto, and mist where the deer was. In the next panel the character says he thinks he found part of an antler, the deer presumably vaporized by the awesome power of the death ray. Trudeau was a moronic hack.

As we all know, ARs are not full auto, and the 5.56 round is considered by most hunters to be too small to humanely kill deer. In fact it's not even legal for hunting in some areas, especially with FMJ bullets.

Set up three watermelons, or milk jugs, soda bottles, etc.. Shoot the first one with a 9mm, the next with a FMJ 5.56, and the third one with a 30-06 soft-point from great-granddads bolt-action hunting rifle. It's an eye opener if you've never seen it done.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top