JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I move my bench with me. I use L.E. Wilson dies and a 21st Century shooter Arbor Press. RCBS loadmaster combo with a Redding trickler when I want to use one. Hornady analog dial calipers with comparitor. RCBS priming tool.

I also have a Hornady Case Prep station I use a couple times a year to trim brass and clean out primer pockets.

This way I can reload in the car or the hotel when varmint shooting. take my whole set up with me.

View attachment 249297

Nice!

With some NWFA in the background.

I bet that works nice since you only neck size brass.

Avoid a 1000 at all costs.

Pain in the bubblegum to setup and tune.

Get a Lee 4 hole turret classic (with the FLAT BASE), trust me. Caliber changes are 15 seconds versus having to change the shell plate. So what if I'm not spitting out one round a pull. I still load a round every couple seconds.

Plus if one round screws up you stop the line, fix it then try and get back in sync again.

I went from a 1000 to turret and won't ever go back.

See above post for my bench setup. Single stage on left (you load from the right), turret to the right as you feed it from the left side. Perfect union and the both use the same primer arms, same bases.

The turret press uses a small square indexing bushing that wears out. $2.50 for them. Buy a few for extras. Figure 4-5000+ if you lube it a little before needing to replace it.

I would love to say more positive stuff about a 1000- but I can't.

Quality control each round at every step is much easier on a turret.

Any questions send me a message. I'll be glad to assist.
thanks for the input dyjital. it probably will be a while before i buy another press set-up. if and when i do i'll upload pics!

Franken press setup :)

I load only 10mm on the 4 hole turret, and when I moved to a universal flaring die I lost the spot for my crimp.

Solution :)

2presses.jpg

Ok
I'm gonna hand out some FRIENDLY advice to all, I just can't let this one go Brothers.....

As a former volunteer firefighter and being a reloader .

PLEASE STOP STORING YOUR PRIMERS WITH YOUR STASH OF GUN POWDER!

I for one would not want to save your home and then discover how you stored your reloading components.

Let alone LOSE I MY LIFE because of the way you STORED your STASH. So when nobody's home and the engines pull up, I sure they will not see the sticker saying ( powder primers and 10k of loaded ammo inside) Next to the sticker that says PETS INSIDE.

Common Sense, a whoosh is better that a BOOM.

I can't be the only one that keeps them separated.

Be Safe, and pound that handle !

I have a small bench for actual loading, and I move it in from the cold shop to the nice warm game room for the winter. It is small but ergonomically designed. No clutter, just assigned work space. I keep the often used tools and press parts onboard and the remainder of my gear stays on the shop shelves. I have my Star set back to drop boolits through a hole in the deck into a bin underneath. Keeps the handle back as far as possible. In line with the Dillons it doesn't get walked into as often.

20151106_182411_resized.jpg 20151106_182434_resized.jpg

Ok, I give up.. I was going to post mine, but I don't know how to load photos from photobucket... I don't see anything in the help section either... sigh....
So use your imagination I guess; I have VERY limited space and a 4 foot long Craftsman tool bench fills it up. I built a hutch to sit behind it and put a tongue and groove top on the bench. In the middle of the top of the bench, I left two of the planks loose and lowered the front trim piece of the bench such that those two planks could be removed. I then mounted my Rockchucker press onto two of the tongue and groove planks and my progressive MEC Grabber on two other planks (the planks are glued together). This allows me to slide one press out and the other in depending on what operation I am running... really works pretty slick.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top