JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said it before but I reiterate.

The Reloading bench is an indicator of my life:
7AC2AE48-71FE-4D36-A2D6-35DF75D58B47.png

See it under the mess?

I frequently remind my wife of the laws of physics.... Nature abhors a vacuum....or (I conveniently add) an empty flat place.
Downside is that's not how I operate. I've been so busy with last term, shed project, HVAC project at the house and working normal schedules... I've been scatterbrained enough to not be organized.

I compartmentalize everything well.

I would love to get into reloading so lets see your reloading setups.
Also offer any tips tricks, cheapest starter kits, recomendations for someone wanting to get into it for the first time. what you might do different knowing what you know now.

Here is an older picture of my reloading room. I have straightened it up some since these pics were taken. I started with a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Kit. It had much of what you need to start but expect to spend lots of money as it is addicting. One thing to remember is that not everything needs to be new. I buy and sell reloading setups and think I price my items appropriately for used.

Room 1a.jpg room 2a.jpg room 3a.jpg room 4a.jpg room 5a.jpg room 6a.jpg room 7a.jpg

@Ghoul
Please see:

The ammo/reloading section here:
will be of more use than the current subform you are posting in.

Here is an older picture of my reloading room. I have straightened it up some since these pics were taken. I started with a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Kit. It had much of what you need to start but expect to spend lots of money as it is addicting. One thing to remember is that not everything needs to be new. I buy and sell reloading setups and think I price my items appropriately for used.

View attachment 610074 View attachment 610075 View attachment 610076 View attachment 610077 View attachment 610078 View attachment 610079 View attachment 610080
@Ghoul
Please see:

The ammo/reloading section here:
will be of more use than the current subform you are posting in.
Thanks

Also if your willing to grab a cup or libation of your choice I started a thread that has tons of great ideas for getting started. It's only 13 pages... :p

Enjoy.

20190618_182058.jpg
That little table is pretty light duty, just strong enough for like 500 rounds or something, it flaps down when not in use. That's a 6 or 8x between the studs with the press lagged into it.
Works pretty good.

View attachment 620163
That little table is pretty light duty, just strong enough for like 500 rounds or something, it flaps down when not in use. That's a 6 or 8x between the studs with the press lagged into it.
Works pretty good.
Nice
I have used these brackets for a fold down bench/shelf and they are rock solid:

Pics in link are upside down though
Stainless and cheap at $20 for a pair.
Search Amazon for something cheaper/better pics...
Here:

I own the brackets with the release levers out at the end of the horizontal arm, rated at 330# per pair,
:D

Last Edited:
Nice
I have used these brackets for a fold down bench/shelf and they are rock solid:

Pics in link are upside down though
Stainless and cheap at $20 for a pair.
Search Amazon for something cheaper/better pics...
Here:

I own the brackets with the release levers out at the end of the horizontal arm, rated at 500#,
:D
Cool. I built it super light duty on purpose.. I keep the heavy stuff on the gorilla shelves.

A lot of nice set-ups here guys, but when I look at the pictures, I wonder how some of you load with any speed or consistency? It looks like a lot of hand switching and none of the scales are at or even close to eye level. Do you guys think to set up your loading stations for good flow or transition from one stage to the next? Just something that is not really talked about here. A reloading bench doesn't have to be big either. Keep it more compact and a good flow can be obtained. Keep your beam scale at or close to eye level so you can accurately measure your charge weights if you want to load anything precise. Not that my set-up is the best, but look at how the powder measure is offset (in the direction I sit) and the handle is on the left hand side. This is so I can use my right hand to transfer the powder pan over to the scale without having to switch hands. From there I trickle in the rest of the powder, then that powder gets dumped into the next case in the loading block. When every case is charged, the bullets get seated:
lz3Wibp.jpg
eebZ1wx.jpg
Loading isn't rocket science, but it should go smoothly and as easy as possible from one stage to the next. Just a thunk...;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top