JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Removed the Aluminum Lee Breechlock and replaced with the cast:
My bench is still almost the same
Those cast iron breechlock presses are beasts.

I never liked having my scale on my reloading bench proper.. I mean it's a precision instrument and you're slamming on the table all the time.
That's a good point, though I don't worry about it in my setup. My table is an old labratory sensitive instrument bench that I trash picked. It weighs ~800 lbs, and has vibration dampers between the table and steel frame. I pull the press arm, and the scale, less than 18" away, does not change one iota.
Question for you, with the dispenser, how often are you still using the scale to cartridge process? I have been expecting to avoid weighing every charge with the dispenser (1 in every 10 so at worse case I'd have 9 to "fix" if it got off).
Thanks for the pics and thoughts
@Mikej 's advice is spot on. Consistency in your method is crucial. If you're loading bottle neck rifle cartridges, especially for accuracy, you are weighing every one.

Ah, Christmas

Christmas.jpeg

Based on some of the nice setups in this thread. I would say someone of you shoot to reload :) By the way not casting stones here I have been hearing that from the wife for 20 years.

Based on some of the nice setups in this thread. I would say someone of you shoot to reload :) By the way not casting stones here I have been hearing that from the wife for 20 years.
I'm pretty honest that the description you posted is me.

I love pics! I'm new to the hobby, so everything is still nice and tidy. This is my reloading set-up on a budget. If you're wondering, I commandeered my wife's old computer hutch. It's nice because when I'm done, I can lock it up and keep the kids out.

View attachment 184658

View attachment 184659

View attachment 184661
I've had and used about every press on the market. Recently downsized from my big Dillon to just the Lee classic turret press with lots of accessories.
I love pics! I'm new to the hobby, so everything is still nice and tidy. This is my reloading set-up on a budget. If you're wondering, I commandeered my wife's old computer hutch. It's nice because when I'm done, I can lock it up and keep the kids out.

View attachment 184658

View attachment 184659

View attachment 184661
I've owned and used just about every press on the market. Recently downsized from my multi-press, Dillon progressive to a simple Lee Classic Turret press with many aftermarket accessories. Here's my first setup, many years ago.

P1020600.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads