JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20181205_195809.jpg
Here's mine, picked up an old steel desk free off craigslist a while back and it works great. Getting ready to put my press on another platform so I can use the drawer that is blocked.

Its always fun to see what the other guy uses. What works for some may not work for others. When I set up a reloading bench, I want my press to be fully supported and solid. Meaning a good brace under it and the press as close to a post as I can get (generally a 4x4 works well). Slightly elevate my beam scale, for better in line sight and accuracy. Other components to reloading like powder measure in a good accessible spot on the left hand side of the table, with room for my tray loaded with empty cartridges right in front of me. I like my reloading to be enjoyable and as much not like work as possible. I like a smooth transition from each stage to the next.

I like my reloading to be enjoyable and as much not like work as possible. I like a smooth transition from each stage to the next.

Very well said. I love to reload. Weather it's cranking out rounds on my Dillon650 or my Lee single stage presses. I'm in the gun room having fun. I almost love it as much as shooting.
Happy shooting/reloading.

My loading setup a couple posts up is reflective on my return to long range BR. The scale/thrower/trickled on the left automatically throws the charge to the kernel. The scale sensitivity is .001 grains. The arbor seater measures seating pressure. I have one press dedicated to sizing the BR cases. The red trim/deburr/chamfer tool
is very fast an accurate. I leave it set up for the BR cases as well. I use AMP annealing machine on the right to anneal before each sizing operation. Not showing are my tools to measure rough characteristics and shape of the bullets.

That said, my wife says I need to come up with a nicer look if I want to keep reloading in my office. Probably a custom piece of furniture that will hide everything when not in use.

Thanks, it has been an experience that's for sure.

Anyone know someone that has crown molding installation experience in the Olympia area?
I have the pieces cut to length but every time I look up to install them I get dizzy. It's been my only major stumbling block for me as of late.:(

Damn brother I can but finding the time to come up my be another story. Let me see what is on the schedule.

Getting more organized...
Added some bins to store bullets in by part # and separate rifle and pistols
D4A0121B-6F0B-424D-BA01-E3E92FD4D93E.jpeg

More brass containers for ready and dirty brass.
0B09B13C-8D9F-4B9E-99F0-6E2AAF020E5D.jpeg

And the messy side still.
46164001-CE61-4091-A8C3-3736C6CD81D6.jpeg

Still working on the right half of the bench.

messy? MESSY???? Well it's a start.....

I had to start piling my stuff in a mound because I couldn't remember which little organizer box it was supposed to be in.....

but congratulations on the start of 'getting it all together'.....;)

Just had to add some deflectors to the lighting situation.

As a person with sensitive eyes, the blasting light coming down bothered me a bunch and would keep me up late at night. Hopefully this helps otherwise it's time for a blue light filter.

777941CB-B012-4A8D-8489-F1D02230DA61.jpeg

You two! (@Caveman Jim & @Benchrest )
View attachment 276460
need to lay off the sauce!

Btw: there are no 2x4's here. All 4x4's.

Well I'm digging up this old thread because I am to the point to where I need to Bubble Gum or get off the pot with my bench design. As you can see I am lacking a reloading space no, but I can sure put together guns with this setup.

Four by fours all around you say.... seeing as my bench is going to be 9 ft long I might as well try and get the straightest boards I can get but I probably won't go with four by fours for the horizontal brace. I'm thinking 2X6 for the top brace because I have the benchtop which is inch and 1/2 plywood with a nice stain and polyurethane finish.

20190223_221651.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-193939.png

Last Edited:
Well I'm digging up this old thread because I am to the point to where I need to Bubble Gum or get off the pot with my bench design. As you can see I am lacking a reloading space no, but I can share put together guns with this setup.
Four by fours all around you say.... see until my bench is going to be 9 ft long I might as well try and get the straightest boards I can get but I probably won't go with four by fours for the horizontal brace. I'm thinking 2X6 for the top brace because I have the benchtop which is inch and 1/2 plywood with a nice stain and polyurethane finish.

View attachment 571634
Nice

Rip those to 2' wide and have a blast!!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top