JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a chance to really get a broad sampling of scotch, you should try to attend a Single Malt Society Extravaganza. These happen maybe once or twice per year at the Rainier Club up here in Seattle. All you can drink (sample) from every major distillery. Well over 100 scotches and a great all-you-can-eat buffet. Plus, you get to try stuff that you'll either never be able to afford or find again. A great way to find out what you like.

Kudos and thanks

If you want a chance to really get a broad sampling of scotch, you should try to attend a Single Malt Society Extravaganza. These happen maybe once or twice per year at the Rainier Club up here in Seattle. All you can drink (sample) from every major distillery. Well over 100 scotches and a great all-you-can-eat buffet. Plus, you get to try stuff that you'll either never be able to afford or find again. A great way to find out what you like.

This sounds awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

All you guys need to do me a big favor and help me get Northwest Libations going! :D

I really appreciate those of you who register and stay active over there, getting the ball rolling is always the toughest part.

Northwest Libations Community

Glenmorangie 10 year.

Funny! I read the title, read the post, thought of this, scrolled down to reply, and you beat me to it! By far my favorite reasonably priced scotch.

Also, Joey, the owner of this site has another site just like it dedicated to spirits, <broken link removed>

Thanks for spreading the word!

In that price range, I'd go with Aberlour 10 or 12 or Balvenie DoubleWood 12.

Balvenie Doublewood 12 is one of the first scotches I tried, and to this day remains one of my favorites.

Laphroaig Single Malt from the Isle of Islay. In the $35 - $45 price range. VERY SMOKY!!! Which is what I like!

Although I used to enjoy the Laphroaig (no longer drink), it might not be a good choice for a first timer.

In that price range, I'd go with Aberlour 10 or 12 or Balvenie DoubleWood 12.

When I drank, I was a fan of the DoubleWood. Although significantly more expensive, their Portwood 21 year is a treat.

Anyone try Johnny Walker Blue? It's a little too rich for my blood at this time but it's on my to-do list

The tasting notes they provided at the Extravaganza described it like this: "A toasty, sweet aroma is complimented by a peaty and spicy taste that develops into heady flavors of oak, dark chocolate and rich fruitcake. A well-balanced whisky, the finish is long and intense". Unfortunately, I tried it at the end of the night and my palette was pretty shot by then. I remember it being a good, solid whisky, but not particularly noteworthy (which is maybe why I didn't take any notes on it).

Just a heads-up: this is going to happen again this Thursday in Seattle. Worth a visit if you can make it.

The Society will present 5 of its rare and unique single cask, single malt Scotch whiskies. Dinner will be prepared by Executive Chef Bill Morris and Executive Sous Chef Jim Campbell and paired with our select expressions.

DATE: Thursday, May 17, 2012
TIME: 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Registration begins at 6:30pm.

The Rainier Club
820 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA

TICKET PRICE: $100.00 per person
Business Casual. Jackets Preferred. No denim or athletic attire.

To purchase tickets call 800.990.1991

I enjoy both of these. The Laphroaig is about $60 and the Ardbeg is about $50. The bottle stoppers are from my shop.

Stoppers1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads