JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a top shelf Scotch drinker but there are/were some really good inexpensive bottles to be had.

McClellan's Islay is excellent. The a fore mentioned Aberlour. It's too bad they quit producing the 10. The 10 was better than the 12.
GlenDronach 12 is drinkable. The 15 is delicious but hard to find.
Macallan 12 is not as cheap as it used to be but it's the best value.
Any of the "Classic Malts" are good. Someone mentioned Talisker. See Malts.com - the home of Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Does anyone have a source for rare and hard to find Scotch?

Actually got the aberlour cause they didn't have the glenmorangie. Which one were you saying was rough and harsh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Aberlour is pretty smooth and one of my favorites

Note, unless the state employees lawsuit gets the law unulled, Safeway, Fred Meyers, Albertsens, Walmart, Walgrens and Top Food will all be selling hard booze soon, as well as other chains and orginal state store bought out by entrepeneurs

Does anyone have a source for rare and hard to find Scotch?

Yes, my friend's collection, given a draught at a time.
IMO for your own shelf get the best Whisky you can afford or don't bother - but that's because I only sip it on special occasions. Latest favorite is Macallan 18.
However, two friends are both tooting Laphroaig. And although I've always thought of Maker's Mark as a house brand, I had some at a going away party and was surprised at its smooth taste.

My wife and I toured Scotland this last summer... we tried nearly every signle malt.

Dependin on your taste dictates which brand you will like. One of the best peaty tasting single malts I'd recommend Dalmore 12 or 18. Most of the time I like to have Glenfiddich along with a good cigar.

A couple years ago my wife came over to the dark side and now likes Cragganmore.

We like to sit out near our fire pit and enjoy our scotch in the evenings.

Yes, my friend's collection, given a draught at a time.
IMO for your own shelf get the best Whisky you can afford or don't bother - but that's because I only sip it on special occasions. Latest favorite is Macallan 18.
However, two friends are both tooting Laphroaig. And although I've always thought of Maker's Mark as a house brand, I had some at a going away party and was surprised at its smooth taste.

Speaking of Makers Mark...I'm going to pick up some before they water it down.

50 per bottle is the most I want to spend. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Best bang for the buck - Highland Park 12 - about $35. Macallan 12 is about $53. Neither are too crazy, both are good. The HP is a "best buy".

Avoid all blends, and Glenfiddich/livet are like the macros of the single malt world. Garbage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top