JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For cheap Scotch blend Scoresbys is good but the Canadian brand MacNaughtons is a very smooth and tasty whiskey you should try (not Scotch, but really good)

Aberlour is a nice Scotch but it's not cheap, it's a mid range priced Scotch. A step up from it at about the same price would be Cardhu but I haven't seen it for years. maybe with the elimination of the state run stores we can get more variety

Decided to try a small bottle of Johnnie Walker black. My first time trying a scotch do I figured I'd try a small bottle first. After I finish this one I might try the aberlour next.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just remember folks, if it's called Scotch, then it's typically single malt, and it's actually FROM Scotland. Anything else is either single grain, or some sort of blended whiskey from wherever.

When I did drink, I did not drink scotch!

Every year, I would buy my Dad a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black (He all ways loved it) for hi birthday. A few years ago, My Wife talked me into getting him a bottle of Pinch, My Dad has a new favorite! I can't remember how much it cost, but I don't think it's over $50!

In that price range, I'd go with Aberlour 10 or 12 or Balvenie DoubleWood 12.

If you wanted something much more peaty, I'd go with an Ardbeg 10 (which is a little more than your price range).

Glenfiddich isn't bad, but I prefer the others I mentioned. It's really a matter of personal taste, and to some degree, developing a taste for scotch. It's not for everyone.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I might just have to go to a bar and try them all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I cant tell your location because of my phone but if you're in the Portland area come out to Oregon City and go to the Still House. I believe they have 400-500 types of Scotch and wiskey. Peolple their are very knowledgeable and very helpful.

If you want a chance to really get a broad sampling of scotch, you should try to attend a Single Malt Society Extravaganza. These happen maybe once or twice per year at the Rainier Club up here in Seattle. All you can drink (sample) from every major distillery. Well over 100 scotches and a great all-you-can-eat buffet. Plus, you get to try stuff that you'll either never be able to afford or find again. A great way to find out what you like.

Just remember folks, if it's called Scotch, then it's typically single malt, and it's actually FROM Scotland. Anything else is either single grain, or some sort of blended whiskey from wherever.

I love single malt Scotch and am more than half Scottish but my advise is to sample everything and then pick yer poison

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top