JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure it could. But GRs don't have the jaw strength PBs have. That's not to say they don't have strong jaws.

Just as there are differences in individual dogs of the same breed.

That's true. There 100% are outliers in every breed. But there are breed specific tendencies and characteristics that their owners need to be aware of. For example a GSD or Malinois could be incredibly dangerous without addressing the special needs for those breeds.

First impression is that its not looking good for the shooter and i dont like him already.. My wife and i view our dog as a family member. My German shepherd was brutally attacked out of nowhere unprovoked by a big bully dog when she was only 9 months old, it was horrifying so i can see a situation where force is actually needed. Mine was submissive and was very well trained/socialized at that time and she just rolled over exposing her belly immediately when the dog approached and it just went straight for her neck and luckily(kinda) got her shoulder. 3 grown men kicking it hard as we could and it wouldn't let go until we all literally pried its mouth open, biting us all in the process. 2 surgeries later my dog absolutely hates the vet now and is traumatic everytime we have to take her to the vet still, 6 years later and she used to go willingly with her tail wagging. It took about 3 years and an extreme amount of training for her to be back to her normal confident self, especially around big dogs. To be honest it effected me too. I absolutely love dogs and have always thought pit breeds just got a bad rap but this changed my views, along with seeing a few other instances involving my wifes best friends pit. The dog that attacked mine was my friends girlfriends, it is a trained service animal and they would introduce new animals at the zoo using this dog before the attack. It was not some vicious dog that shouldnt have been off leash but it misread the situation when it came to the door to meet us for sure. Since then i vowed i will never that anything like that happen again, but i am a restrained and calm person, i have even had several other dogs over the years get away from owners attempt to attack my dog since and i just got between them and pushed/kicked them away repeatedly and it seemed to do the trick. Nowadays my dog is 90lbs of pure muscle and confidence, she's very sweet and friendly by default but has proven she will defend herself if she has to or on command from me it seems, im very happy about that. Hopefully i dont have to hurt or kill a dog ever but if it came to that i think i would having been through a bad attack. I dont know about this particular boxer but my dog frequently plays with 2 boxer rescues currently that are total sweethearts and ive been around many others, none of them were as aggressive or unpredictable as some other breeds but who knows. All that being said, you never really know, but if the news story truly tells it how it went down, this guy was in the wrong in my mind 100% for shooting that dog even the first time and absolutely is lucky he didn't shoot that girl on accident
punctuation

pŭngk″choo͞-ā′shən

noun

1. The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.
  2. The marks so used.
  3. The act or an instance of punctuating.
  4. In writing and printing, a pointing off or separation of one part from another by arbitrary marks; specifically, the division of a composition into sentences and parts of sentences by the use of marks indicating intended differences of effect by differences of form.
  5. In zoology, the punctures of a punctate surface.
  6. The act or art of punctuating or pointing a writing or discourse; the art or mode of dividing literary composition into sentences, and members of a sentence, by means of points, so as to elucidate the author's meaning.
  7. A set of symbols and marks which are used to clarify meaning in text by separating strings of words into clauses, phrases and sentences.
  8. the use of certain marks to clarify meaning of written material by grouping words grammatically into sentences and clauses and phrases

Most likely BS as this woman is regarded as a bit 'out there' by many in this particular social circle.

She has strange, 'new age-ish' type beliefs and never misses an opportunity to add something of an odd nature, or attempt to educate those around her with unusual or unknown subject material.

I won't even get into her religious beliefs.....
I thank she hangs out in some of my circles too!

Thank you for the citation. I read the article carefully. A lot of generalizations are made at the beginning of the article, but reading all the way to the end reveals some importatnt facts. First of all the geneticists concluded "Together, these DNA regions explain about 15% of a dog breed's personality, with each exerting only a small effect." I would not argue with this assessment. I have owned so-called hunting breeds, so-called herding breeds, and a pit bull. None of them were trained for the specific occupations often associated with these breeds. My "hunting dogs" could not hunt, my "herding dogs" could probably not manage sheep or cattle, and my pit bull did not randomly attack other dogs or people (all of them would chase squirrels if given the opportunity, however). While I don't dispute that some breeds may be genetically predispositioned for certain behaviors, the article implicitly if not expressly states that overwhelmingly (85%) a dog's personality is due to training.

Furthermore, it is stated toward the end of the article that the behavioral assessment tool used in the study is deeply flawed:

"If a dog does not already have behavioral issues that the owners, trainers, and handlers recognize and seek a diagnosis, the data pertaining to the dog is relatively unlikely to be entered into C-BARQ.

Thus, instead of being an objective assessment of normal dog behavior, C-BARQ is skewed toward abnormal dogs. Since aggression is among the most frequently problematic aspects of dog behavior, using C-BARQ to measure aggression relative to normalcy may be a bit like measuring vehicular acceleration not from zero to sixty miles per hour, but from twenty to sixty miles per hour."

I'm just gonna say something real quick here, y'all owe me 2 cents.

A dogs behavioral characteristics are determined in the first few months in life. (Excepting of course hard wired traits. A retriever will always retrieve)

Taking a puppy from a litter before ten weeks will cause issues with socialization vs. other dogs, to cite one issue of many. I know, I know your dog yadda yadda, but in general, ten weeks is the marker. So with pit bulls and other fighting breeds, there is a certain time frame, I forget exactly when but I think its around16 weeks, when the aggression wiring gets finalized. In fighting circles, they describe this as having the dog "click on".

If a pittie doesn't "click on", you have a perfectly fine house pet. If he does, you have a seriously dangerous situation on your hands. And if you're not an astute dog person, you will never know the difference until you find out the hard way. This principle applies to all breeds, with varying degrees of intensity and traits.

Point being, if you know what you're doing, go for it. If you don't, stick with Poodles and Golden Retrievers.

punctuation

pŭngk″choo͞-ā′shən

noun

1. The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.
  2. The marks so used.
  4. In writing and printing, a pointing off or separation of one part from another by arbitrary marks; specifically, the division of a composition into sentences and parts of sentences by the use of marks indicating intended differences of effect by differences of form.
  6. The act or art of punctuating or pointing a writing or discourse; the art or mode of dividing literary composition into sentences, and members of a sentence, by means of points, so as to elucidate the author's meaning.
  7. A set of symbols and marks which are used to clarify meaning in text by separating strings of words into clauses, phrases and sentences.
  8. the use of certain marks to clarify meaning of written material by grouping words grammatically into sentences and clauses and phrases
Im confused as to what this adds to the conversation

Im confused as to what this adds to the conversation

I got this.

"a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense"

:D

If you're going to post a wall of text, you're going reduce the chances of people actually reading through it.
You mean like THIS one???:

punctuation
pŭngk″choo͞-ā′shən

noun

2. The marks so used.

If it's you mission to correct PUNk-chew-A-shun, as well as writing styles, please go for grandmer and speeling two... and apply it across the board Karen. In every post of every thread... Choo R gong to B a bussy man, uh person, uh they/ze/zem.

Last Edited:
You mean like one???:

punctuation
pŭngk″choo͞-ā′shən

noun

2. The marks so used.

If it's you mission to correct PUNk-chew-A-shun, as well as writing styles, please go for grandmer and speeling two... and apply it across the board Karen. In every post of every thread... Choo R gong to B a bussy man, uh person, uh they/ze/zem.
donut sic him/her/them on me:s0114:

I see. Forgive me, i typed it on my phone and got a little wrapped up in it because of the subject. Carry on
My advice.... don't take chit from nobody on your writing style, spelling, grammar, etc. It's generally considered to be rude behavior to correct others' use of Inglés. It's barely within the rules, but not in the spirit of Rule #1.

(ETA: apologies are, IMO, a great way to defuse situations, but in this case YOU're not the one that should be apologizing!!!)

Last Edited:
My advice.... don't take chit from nobody on your writing style, spelling, grammar, etc. It's generally considered to be rude behavior to correct others'. It's barely within the rules, but not in the spirit of Rule #1.
Thank you, glad someone said this your top drawer in my book Mr. @bbbass
[h4][/h4]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews