JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are an ugly breed for sure.

Huge, thick, unnaturally muscled bodies, gigantic jaws, small cold eyes. A very primordial creature.
I personaly think they are can be a beautiful dog but you cant judge a entire breed by a single individual. What if you walked thru walmart and judged humans by the "throw mamma from the train" look alikes and their gaggle of crotchfruit hairlip mongoloids running rampant....

What if you walked thru walmart and judged humans by the "throw mamma from the train" look alikes and their gaggle of crotchfruit hairlip mongoloids running rampant...
Heck I don't know - what if I did? How can I answer a 'what if' question referencing something that isn't a part of the conversation?

We are discussing dogs - not people.

Hint - stay in context of the thread you are participating in.

Heck I don't know - what if I did? How can I answer a 'what if' question referencing something that isn't a part of the conversation?

We are discussing dogs - not people.

Hint - stay in context of the thread you are participating in.
Its called an analogy just an fyi since youve missed the last few.

After being bitten this past summer by a Springer Spaniel, wagging it tail (presumed to be 'friendly') in the company of its owner. I would NEVER trust any dog, too many incidents over the decades! They are descended from wolves and do resort to predatory behavior and/or what they were bred for!
Having been bitten at least six times that were deep punctures, (two were injured dogs I was trying to rescue), I rarely approach unfamiliar dogs... but the other day in the Walmart parking lot I got out of my car and in the back of the PU next to me was a cow dog. I spoke to it and it wagged it's tail and came over. I love dogs and it seemed glad to see me, so I went over and offered the back of my hand. It sniffed and then licked. So I started petting it's head, neck, and chest. The dog was very loving and happy to have a strange human giving it physical attention.... IMO this is more the norm, but I don't often take such chances unless the joyful dog signs are pretty obvious because I was bitten by a PB that was wagging it's tail.

EXWIFE alert:

Are you old enough to remember:

"Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt

In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives

No offense meant to any poster!!! I was just thinking of MY ex...

Having been bitten at least six times that were deep punctures, (two were injured dogs I was trying to rescue), I rarely approach unfamiliar dogs... but the other day in the Walmart parking lot I got out of my car and in the back of the PU next to me was a cow dog. I spoke to it and it wagged it's tail and came over. I love dogs and it seemed glad to see me, so I went over and offered the back of my hand. It sniffed and then licked. So I started petting it's head, neck, and chest. The dog was very loving and happy to have a strange human giving it physical attention.... IMO this is more the norm, but I don't often take such chances unless the joyful dog signs are pretty obvious because I was bitten by a PB that was wagging it's tail.

Are you old enough to remember:

"Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt

In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives

No offense meant to any poster!!! I was just thinking of MY ex...
Honestly, I have been bitten by a few dogs and quite a few people, in my experience people bite way more often! and that's the first I've seen of the creepy piggy poem.

Honestly, I have been bitten by a few dogs and quite a few people, in my experience people bite way more often! and that's the first I've seen of the creepy piggy poem.
ROFLMAO... I've only ever had "love bites" from people. You must frequent some bars where Mike Tyson hangs out!!!

The "creepy" piggie thing is lyrics for a song by The Beatles called "Piggie" oddly enough... which is why I asked if you are old enough to remember. It was about people having piggish behavior. They were quite political at times... like Dylan. I'd bet most of those kind of song lyrics were written by Lennon.

Then there's "Political Man" by Cream... those types of songs seemed to be a sign of their time.

Last Edited:
ROFLMAO... I've only ever had "love bites" from people? You must frequent some bars where Mike Tyson hangs out!!!

The "creepy" piggie thing is lyrics for a song by The Beatles called "Piggie" oddly enough... which is why I asked if you are old enough to remember. It was about people having piggish behavior. They were quite political at times... like Dylan. I'd bet most of those kind of song lyrics were written by Lennon.

Then there's "Political Man" by Cream... those types of songs seemed to be a sign of their time.
we played hard when I was young :D I was always more Jim Croce

we played hard when I was young :D I was always more Jim Croce
I actually did NOT like the Behtulls... but on reg radio one couldn't get away from them. Listening to Stawberry Fields ad nauseum.

I was more Jimi, Eric, and Jethro Tull with a bunch of Albert King and some Charlie Musselwhite.

They are an ugly breed for sure.

Huge, thick, unnaturally muscled bodies, gigantic jaws, small cold eyes. A very primordial creature.
I find their eyes to be very expressive and the few I have known have been sweethearts. But dogs are very preceptive and don't usually react well to fear or hatred in those they meet. It's probably obvious to them that you dislike them, and that may explain why you have not had good interactions with them.

It's probably obvious to them that you dislike them, and that may explain why you have not had good interactions with them.
When did I ever say or describe having bad interactions with them, disliking them, or having fear or hatred of them?

If you recall in a previous post of mine I described how most dogs (and almost all animals) approach me in a friendly manner - even those the owners say 'Aren't usually this friendly with people'

A good friend of mine has a pit (he rescued) and is one of the mellowest and friendliest dogs I have experienced - and loves me as much as my friend.

All I said was they are an ugly breed is all.

When did I ever say or describe having bad interactions with them, disliking them, or having fear or hatred of them?

If you recall in a previous post of mine I described how most dogs (and almost all animals) approach me in a friendly manner - even those the owners say 'Aren't usually this friendly with people'

A good friend of mine has a pit (he rescued) and is one of the mellowest and friendliest dogs I have experienced - and loves me as much as my friend.

All I said was they are an ugly breed is all.
Sorry. Had you confused with somebody else. My bad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top