JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an obvious straw-man argument and I don't think anyone would believe that's the argument I've made. I won't respond to such attempts to distort my stance.
That's how it's taken though when your arguement is that the government should not have the right to remove a constitutionally protected right. You can't pick and choose which rights are okay to revoke and which are not under the same premise.

That was my whole point. It is just as reasonable for laws to strip a person of their firearm rights just as much as their freedom and right to self determination.

In each of those too... it is the individual that choose to forfeit them.

Doesn't matter. Constitutional rights apply to everyone.
If that is what you believe then explain to me how you feel it's okay to strip a person of their constitutional right to freedom? How it THAT okay, but not when it comes to owning a firearm?? Some protected freedoms are more equal than others?

See the problem there?

It's been fun, but yeah... we'll have to agree to disagree. The argument makes no sense to me.

I haven't ignored it at all. I understand there is a process. I'd argue that process shouldn't be necessary! ;)
The process is in place to be able to evaluate on a case-by-case basis. Obviously, not everyone with a felony is a danger to society and is rightly due his firearm rights and to seek emplyment without the stigmatism of a felony on his record.

Others... not so much. They constitue an ongoing threat to others and rightly should continue to be denied that right... receiving even harsher punishment if they choose to reoffend.

In a just society, yes. All free citizens in society are equal.

Those found guilty of crimes, serve their time. Once time is served they are again equal to every other citizen.

Also, in a just society, punishment is swift & sure. Trials aren't lollygagged, evidence is non bias & those guilty aren't plead to the least possible charge.

We do not live in a just society.

In our society felons cannot handle, let alone own firearms.

Lets play YOUR game though. Drug dealers SHOULD be able to protect themselves. However, drug dealers SHOULD ALSO go to prison once convicted. For life. Do not pass GO, no possibility of parole nor early release. See how easy that is?
Move to Arizona-- you can practically kill someone here & still get your gun rights restored, eventually

Move to Arizona-- you can practically kill someone here & still get your gun rights restored, eventually
AZ... I'm not a fan of their legal system. My cousin was murdered and dumped on the side of the road a little over 2 1/2 years ago, the perps arrested the very next day and they STILL haven't had a trial yet. Heck... the orginal prosecutor moved on and they haven't even gotten around to assigning a new one yet. Go Pinal!!

LOL…. Dog was his copilot!
bumpersticker_copilot_600x500_grande.png

AZ... I'm not a fan of their legal system. My cousin was murdered and dumped on the side of the road a little over 2 1/2 years ago, the perps arrested the very next day and they STILL haven't had a trial yet. Heck... the orginal prosecutor moved on and they haven't even gotten around to assigning a new one yet. Go Pinal!!
I've lived in Maricopa County over 50 years & I like it fine. Everyplace has some advantages & disadvantages

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top