JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My advice.... don't take chit from nobody on your writing style, spelling, grammar, etc. It's generally considered to be rude behavior to correct others' use of Inglés. It's barely within the rules, but not in the spirit of Rule #1.

(ETA: apologies are, IMO, a great way to defuse situations, but in this case YOU're not the one that should be apologizing!!!)
Yep i know, believe me i had a snarky reply all ready to go but im new here and im a high road kind of guy at the end of the day and ive found diffusion to be much better for my mental state. Too bad the jackwagon this thread is about couldnt see that, look at the mess he's made for himself now! If i was him i would have turned the other cheek and tried my hardest to befriend the neighbor and get the dog to love me so he would quit barking at me. If that failed i would just move on. Nobody will really benefit from me starting crap with anyone over it anyway and it would just derail the thread. Best to just move on lol its just a forum. Cheers

Does it
Nobody will really benefit from me starting crap with anyone over it anyway and it would just derail the thread. Best to just move on lol its just a forum. Cheers
You're a better man than I. Some things I just cannot let pass. That habit that people have of correcting others is just short of reportable. I wish Joe would put out a directive on it.

Yep i know, believe me i had a snarky reply all ready to go but im new here and im a high road kind of guy at the end of the day and ive found diffusion to be much better for my mental state. Too bad the jackwagon this thread is about couldnt see that, look at the mess he's made for himself now! If i was him i would have turned the other cheek and tried my hardest to befriend the neighbor and get the dog to love me so he would quit barking at me. If that failed i would just move on. Nobody will really benefit from me starting crap with anyone over it anyway and it would just derail the thread. Best to just move on lol its just a forum. Cheers
I do have to laugh at the "grammar nuts". I spend a LOT of time here and often I am supposed to be working when playing here so get distracted. Often I go back and see some post I made that looks like I was drunk or something from not paying attention. I figure anyone who feels they need to try to correct anyone has too much time on their hands :D

Does it

You're a better man than I. Some things I just cannot let pass. That habit that people have of correcting others is just short of reportable. I wish Joe would put out a directive on it.
Dude im on rokslide, there is truly no faster way to derail a thread than to bring up covid/vaccines or pick a useless fight with someone when it really doesn't matter to me at the end of the day lol. Im here to learn and connect with like minded individuals, not to get all offended about whether or not someone wants to read what i wrote because of its format..

I'm just gonna say something real quick here, y'all owe me 2 cents.

A dogs behavioral characteristics are determined in the first few months in life. (Excepting of course hard wired traits. A retriever will always retrieve)

Taking a puppy from a litter before ten weeks will cause issues with socialization vs. other dogs, to cite one issue of many. I know, I know your dog yadda yadda, but in general, ten weeks is the marker. So with pit bulls and other fighting breeds, there is a certain time frame, I forget exactly when but I think its around16 weeks, when the aggression wiring gets finalized. In fighting circles, they describe this as having the dog "click on".

If a pittie doesn't "click on", you have a perfectly fine house pet. If he does, you have a seriously dangerous situation on your hands. And if you're not an astute dog person, you will never know the difference until you find out the hard way. This principle applies to all breeds, with varying degrees of intensity and traits.

Point being, if you know what you're doing, go for it. If you don't, stick with Poodles and Golden Retrievers.
Didn't that dog whisperer get his face gnawed off?

Consider the source and let it roll off bro, not worth getting anything other than a laugh out of it. :D
I figured by confronting it, the rudeness might stop. I hope that wasn't too rude of me... ;)

I figure anyone who feels they need to try to correct anyone has too much time on their hands
IMO that's being generous. Personally, I figure anybody that is correcting writing has a feeling of White Superiority and therefore is a racist Hitlerian. ;);) ;)

I figured by confronting it, the rudeness might stop. I hope that wasn't too rude of me... ;)

IMO that's being generous. Personally, I figure anybody that is correcting writing has a feeling of White Superiority and therefore is a racist Hitlerian. ;);) ;)
It's called chiwowa syndrome.

Dude im on rokslide, there is truly no faster way to derail a thread than to bring up covid/vaccines or pick a useless fight with someone when it really doesn't matter to me at the end of the day lol. Im here to learn and connect with like minded individuals, not to get all offended about whether or not someone wants to read what i wrote because of its format..
And I appreciate your treading lightly. IMO way too many FNGs come here with big attitudes and wanna correct what the "old dudes" have been writing for years. You are wiser than they, cuz they usually don't last long with that kind of behavior.

BTW, welcome to NWFA!!!

Seeing as this thread is coming off the rails anyway despite my best effort to keep it on track earlier, i am half korean so maybe you're onto something with that last bit ;) haha jk

At one point I asked him how they chose what house to rob, and if there was anything in particular that caused them to avoid a house. He said the number one thing for them was a dog, followed by security lights and cameras. He said if it even looked like there might be a dog home, they moved on to the next house.

So apparently it makes a difference for at least some burglars.
How long ago?

My understanding, beyond the "exception to the rule" factor, is that it's a "then vs now" thing. A similar thing to the new factor of BGs not having as much FIBSA, ie... they are now used to gunfights, being shat at...

That said, it was just one source. Not sure if it is a widely accepted theory.

I love honest debate with differing points of view! it's how I have learned different.
How long ago?

My understanding, beyond the "exception to the rule" factor, is that it's a "then vs now" thing. A similar thing to the new factor of BGs not having as much FIBSA, ie... they are now used to gunfights, being shat at...

That said, it was just one source. Not sure if it is a widely accepted theory.
My dogs are not bluffing, I taught them better than that:s0082:

Now that the Wife's hearing is not what it used to be its great that at night when I am at work the little fur alarms will notify her LONG before she knows something is outside the house.:D They earn their keep many times over here for this alone.
I wish more people would think the same, and not get dogs and leave them home alone while they work. Dogs, Man's Best Friend, are meant to be with their humans. From back when our ancestors socialized wolves by feeding them scraps.

My lil poochie was a great fur alarm and gave my wife much comfort/security until the doggie went mostly deaf. And the wife can't hear crap w/o her hearing aids, which just went bad, both at the same time for some weird reason... I'll bet she wore them into the shower and with her dementia/memoryprob she just doesn't remember. Anyway, I tried to fix them but will wind up sending them in.

I wish more people would think the same, and not get dogs and leave them home alone while they work. Dogs, Man's Best Friend, are meant to be with their humans. From back when our ancestors socialized wolves by feeding them scraps.

My lil poochie was a great fur alarm and gave my wife much comfort/security until the doggie went mostly deaf. And the wife can't hear crap w/o her hearing aids, which just went bad, both at the same time for some weird reason... I'll bet she wore them into the shower and with her dementia/memoryprob she just doesn't remember. Anyway, I tried to fix them but will wind up sending them in.
I agree, i know a lot of people just cant do that and are doing the best they can with their circumstances tho. My GSD is fine alone, but i keep her with me or someone else pretty much at all times just cause thats how we roll and i know she prefers it too. She loves riding in trucks and boats or just hanging around a jobsite. Shes way better than my home security system but 2 is 1 and 1 is none.. Until the wife and i can move to somewhere with actual law and order and a way of life more our speed, we strive to have the house and trucks that the scumbags are more likely to pass on if they dont want to deal with the club on the steering wheel or be on camera getting shot or bit lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top