Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Rebirth of my SIG P6

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by AndyH, Mar 21, 2011.

1. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I picked up a nice example of a P6 a while back and while it was a good shooter, the looks did not do anything for me so I decided to make the attempt to rebuild/restore it

As purchased
    SigBefore.jpg

I bought an Sig Armors CD, watched a couple of times and went about stripping the lower down and cleaned years of goo off of everything, and then ordered a set of replacement springs and a new set of Sig white dot sights and set about rebuilding the frame. I lucked out because the barrel had already been modified to feed hollow points by the previous owner.

I sent the slide and barrel of to Mike over at Northwest Gun Refinishing who did a fantastic job stripping off the old coatings and recoating everything in Stainless Cerakote.

Added a set off Nill grips and I ended up with the following results. All in all I am very please with the results.
    IMG_1070.jpg

Andy

2. mikehd

mikehd Lacomb, OR Member

Thats a very nice looking P6. You deserve to be proud of those results.

3. elkfish

elkfish NW Oregon Member

That is a good looking change up. Those p6's are a tempting buy right now and not a bad carry gun either.

ElkFish

4. AndyH

The average asking price for a decent P6 has gone up about $40-$50 in the last few months. Used to be able to find them for $350 but now $400 is common. Great gun for the $$ though. They shoot and carry great.

5. barrigadaharley

barrigadaharley hillsboro Active Member

thats a beautifull p6 andyh........great job......

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Good job on the P6 AndyH lol... I am glad your happy with it.... I wish it looked that nice when I had it hahahahah it looks like a piece of art now :thumbup:.

7. AndyH

Thanks, it's going to be a shooter for a while then i am going to give it to the wife

8. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

I am not one for refinishing the exterior of a pistol but it sure looks nice, and the grips set it off. Good Job