Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rebirth of my SIG P6

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by AndyH, Mar 21, 2011.

1. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I picked up a nice example of a P6 a while back and while it was a good shooter, the looks did not do anything for me so I decided to make the attempt to rebuild/restore it

As purchased
    SigBefore.jpg

I bought an Sig Armors CD, watched a couple of times and went about stripping the lower down and cleaned years of goo off of everything, and then ordered a set of replacement springs and a new set of Sig white dot sights and set about rebuilding the frame. I lucked out because the barrel had already been modified to feed hollow points by the previous owner.

I sent the slide and barrel of to Mike over at Northwest Gun Refinishing who did a fantastic job stripping off the old coatings and recoating everything in Stainless Cerakote.

Added a set off Nill grips and I ended up with the following results. All in all I am very please with the results.
    IMG_1070.jpg

Andy

2. mikehd

mikehd Lacomb, OR Member

Thats a very nice looking P6. You deserve to be proud of those results.

3. elkfish

elkfish NW Oregon Member

That is a good looking change up. Those p6's are a tempting buy right now and not a bad carry gun either.

ElkFish

4. AndyH

The average asking price for a decent P6 has gone up about $40-$50 in the last few months. Used to be able to find them for $350 but now $400 is common. Great gun for the $$ though. They shoot and carry great.

5. barrigadaharley

barrigadaharley hillsboro Active Member

thats a beautifull p6 andyh........great job......

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Good job on the P6 AndyH lol... I am glad your happy with it.... I wish it looked that nice when I had it hahahahah it looks like a piece of art now :thumbup:.

7. AndyH

Thanks, it's going to be a shooter for a while then i am going to give it to the wife

8. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

I am not one for refinishing the exterior of a pistol but it sure looks nice, and the grips set it off. Good Job