JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what CCM is...but, are you scrapping perfectly good-for-reloading brass?

Sometimes; what I do with it depends mostly on my inventory levels.

I have a pretty good behind the scenes program going-on. Myself and the people I pay it forward with seem to be in a competition to out-do one another..it's crazy fun!

I scrap the brass that's too far gone; more than 3 times fired, has a marked head (with an "X"), ugly, or damaged.

Some milspec breaks decapping pins; with the red sealant on the primers...

Berdan goes into the bucket.

Some good brass goes into the bucket...

I don't want to run a quasi-classified ad, so that's as far as I wanna go...:D

Sometimes; what I do with it depends mostly on my inventory levels.

I have a pretty good behind the scenes program going-on. Myself and the people I pay it forward with seem to be in a competition to out-do one another..it's crazy fun!

I scrap the brass that's too far gone; more than 3 times fired, has a marked head (with an "X"), ugly, or damaged.

Some milspec breaks decapping pins; with the red sealant on the primers...

Berdan goes into the bucket.

Some good brass goes into the bucket...

I don't want to run a quasi-classified ad, so that's as far as I wanna go...:D

Thank you. I'm not looking for brass really, so no worries about a "Quasi Classified". I just feel that usable brass going to a scrapper is a sin.

Thank you. I'm not looking for brass really, so no worries about a "Quasi Classified". I just feel that usable brass going to a scrapper is a sin.

After they weigh brass at CCM, they dump it into the biggest container of sin you've ever seen...4X4X4 totes...lol.

Last time, there were three 55 gallon drums; filled to the top; with bright yellow brass.....

My standards have changed since I started hand-loading @ 9 years ago; I'm more "picky" now.

I have to ask. How do you acquire so much range brass? I go on a regular basis and get little to nothing. You don't have to divulge your secret gold mine, but do you live right next to a range? Do you go daily? And when you do, do you go to shoit? Or just hound brass?

I have to ask. How do you acquire so much range brass? I go on a regular basis and get little to nothing. You don't have to divulge your secret gold mine, but do you live right next to a range? Do you go daily? And when you do, do you go to shoit? Or just hound brass?

My house is directly under the station where Apache Gunships conduct live-fire exercises...it rains brass....lol.:s0106:

I have a range membership; I pick up once or twice a week.

I scrap @ 50% of what I pick up; the nasty stuff.

I load the 25% and pay forward with the other 25%; mostly stuff I do not load for.

The days of burning fuel; looking for brass in the coast range are over! Only one exception; I try to keep Gooseneck Road as clean as possible....the half-gallon bag of brass I get out there is laughable compared to all the trash I pick up, an my incidental trips to the range.

18 pounds today; 7 pounds were O/F 5.56, 6 pounds we're 9mm, then some odds and ends.

I could have hounded 4 gallons of 9mm, but all my shooting buddies arrived earlier than expected.....

Somebody wrote my name and made a heart (on a shooting bench) with a bunch of 5.56 brass today:eek:; They must know my routine...:D

Paying forward has been a 5 fold return for me. Got another custom leather holster in exchange for range brass today...

;)

Picked up a 5 gal bucket of brass for $60.00 at the local trade days last summer. The last one I got at a local scrap dealer was just over $80.00.

I am an unrepentant brass whore-I get it where ever when ever I can.

There's been a couple times in the past when I must have beaten you to the range on a Sunday after a monthly USPSA match, and picked up a huge quantity of pistol brass. A couple times like that and I was set for life for 9mm brass. A couple times hitting the rifle range just right and I'm set for life for 5.56 brass.

I once talked my daughter into helping me pick up about 20 lbs of mostly 9mm brass out of the gravel in one of the pistol bays a day or two after a match, but then I got thinking about the huge quantity of lead dust that must be in the gravel from shooting steel and decided I didn't want my kids around that. I also bought some special soap for washing my hands after handling lead, and now I only pick lead off the berms when it's wet. I'm probably being paranoid but I don't want to take any chances of breathing that dust.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top