JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update.
The sheriff is having a town hall meeting tonight. The news channel in Boise thinks it's a risk to do this.
The sheriff said he isn't gonna hide behind his door. Wants to get out in front of this. Also, he's married to a local girl there.

A good case to look at is Tennessee v. Garner. According to Tennessee state law, an officer could use any means necessary to stop a fleeing felon. A kid burglarized a house and fled on foot and was shot and killed. The family sued the state and department and tried to sue the officer. The shooting was ruled to be in accordance with state law, but the law was later ruled unconstitutional but the officer was not held as personally liable. He retired as a Captain.

This is exactly what I am talking about.
Questionable shooting? Make him a captain.
We are getting a lot more vocal about unsafe officer
If someone screws up bad and the perp/victim has a good lawyer,you are pert of the problem.
I know your supposed to back up your brothers but it could back fire bad
And what if he doesn't trust you to back him up?

We're getting of track a little

What gets me is that occurances of LE being killed by bad guys is actually way down. But, coverage is way up and I can see some people working spooked. Just last year we had an officer on a warrant sweep fly off the handle and litterally, 3 of us yelled "what the *@$!#" at the same time and dragged the guy off the subject. He ended up having to get a psych eval and is now on a desk at a decreased pay rate for the forseable future. We are getting a lot more vocal about unsafe officers.
Must be getting much more stressful and loaded with tension as if we all don't already have an overdose in our lives these days from many sources. Under the current circumstances there is no way I could do this job for many reasons, just as I could never live in Kawleefornya again ? I would be dead or in prison in short order in the current extreme PC apparatus. I moved away from the hell hole many years ago and never looked back. I know numerous people that quit over the years for the same reasons and it was no where near as bad back then and the judges have gotten far worse under BHO and crew. Many think they are fighting a loosing battle and I think in many ways they are. Life is short for so much unnecessary grief. Besides all of it , I know we will see it all break down even further soon enough as our society is already in free fall and all the stages are all set for all manner of chaos going forward, and all created by our own government.

Must be getting much more stressful and loaded with tension as if we all don't already have an overdose in our lives these days from many sources. Under the current circumstances there is no way I could do this job for many reasons, just as I could never live in Kawleefornya again ? I would be dead or in prison in short order in the current extreme PC apparatus. I moved away from the hell hole many years ago and never looked back. I know numerous people that quit over the years for the same reasons and it was no where near as bad back then and the judges have gotten far worse under BHO and crew. Many think they are fighting a loosing battle and I think in many ways they are. Life is short for so much unnecessary grief. Besides all of it , I know we will see it all break down even further soon enough as our society is already in free fall and all the stages are all set for all manner of chaos going forward, and all created by our own government.

But I still love getting the odd kitten out of a tree. Without help from a fireman.

This is exactly what I am talking about.
Questionable shooting? Make him a captain.

If someone screws up bad and the perp/victim has a good lawyer,you are pert of the problem.
I know your supposed to back up your brothers but it could back fire bad
And what if he doesn't trust you to back him up?

We're getting of track a little

We back each other up on "smaller" things like cussing out child molesters (who are always the first to get offended now that they are a protected class). I'll even admit that we work harder on identifying PC to contact a few known dirtbags here and again.

But in matters of excessive force or violations of civil rights, we have gotten so fed up with negativity that we don't stand for it like 10 years ago when I started. On borderline stuff, I have a personal policy that if someone asks the right questions, I will answer them. If its something that really gets my attention, I'll confront someone in a heartbeat and no one bats an eye. A big part of having your partner's back is not putting them in stupid situations.

Here in California a Highway Protrolman told the training folks training veterans with service dogs that if a large dog was at the scene of an accident and EMT needed to get to the vehicles, but there was a large dog sitting there, they would call the dog once, then tell the officer to shoot the dog. The EMT job is to get to the injured as quickly as possible, and not fuss around with a dog, or a bull. Up to then then trainers had been training us with the dogs trained to not respond to anyone except the veteran being trained with the dog. The training standard was modified after the disclosure by the officer.

Here in California a Highway Protrolman told the training folks training veterans with service dogs that if a large dog was at the scene of an accident and EMT needed to get to the vehicles, but there was a large dog sitting there, they would call the dog once, then tell the officer to shoot the dog. The EMT job is to get to the injured as quickly as possible, and not fuss around with a dog, or a bull. Up to then then trainers had been training us with the dogs trained to not respond to anyone except the veteran being trained with the dog. The training standard was modified after the disclosure by the officer.

OKAY then:confused:

Do not underestimate what it takes to put down an animal. They may use a .22 or a pistol in slaughterhouse (they usually use a bolt gun) to put down cattle for slaughter, but it doesn't always work.

If they aren't in a hurry, the correct equipment is used, and it is placed correctly it works every time.

http://www.wdmc.org/2013/Euthanasia Guidelines for Cattle.pdf - There's a section of firearm recommendations laid out better than I could ever type it up.

November 10, 2015
At town hall, sheriff urges patience with investigation into Idaho rancher's death
Sheriff: "I come before you with a heavy heart"
Crowd voices worries about state police, body cameras, independence of investigators
Lt. Gov. Little speaks to Statesman about incident

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article44221113.html#storylink=cpy
From this. Hoodathunk?
One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis' death.

"All of the investigation is under one roof of government," Brian Pearce said. "You're looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level."

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article44221113.html#storylink=cpy

But I still love getting the odd kitten out of a tree. Without help from a fireman.
Well good on Ya ! at my site I made this comment " this world needs the sargeant Barnes of the world, just as it needs the sargeant Eliases of the world, for a sort of balance of things". That is in reference to the film Platoon". which in my view was a documentary, far more so than a war story. I lived exactly the same scenarios and spent time around the Michelin rubber tree plantations and Tay Ninh on the Cambodian border 68/69 and can tell you this was an incredibly accurate story. The first time I saw the film it traumatized me and I could smell certain smells again, like dejavu. It lasted for about a month and was in fact a huge part of my own healing process that started from that point. So it was a sort of trigger event , but a good one although not necessarily a pleasant one. Prior to that I had made my own peace to some degree for quite a few years, but I had also swept a lot of stuff under the rug that needed to be simply understood. I often think about those that are not here, to be able to remember and the incredible number of deaths on both sides, to accomplish what ? and I cannot even put into words how thankful I am, not just for experiencing and surviving that event, but many others as well. Today I am 67 and will be 68 soon and I am stronger, healthier , more fit and with more endurance and stamina than I was then at 20 years old. Now that is something to be thankful for ! It is also quite incredible to have gotten so many years of experience in many matters and be older and healthy at the same time ! a great combination to be sure. I have helped many vets young and old heal themselves, simply by understanding the dynamics involved and starting their own inner journey to heal. A good day to reflect on some things for sure ! I would also urge everybody to watch the film on YouTube and perhaps rethink what has happened since then and now. The last 30 minutes or so of the film are very powerful and Taylors summation in the very end has stuck with me and will until death ! We all need to do good in this life and stand for what we know is truth and nothing less ! What we have before us in our country today is far from any truth .

Last Edited:
My guess is that once guns started getting waved around and voices raised that things got out of hand very quickly. Everyone involved is going to a have a perception of what happened based upon the information that only they can really know.

Getting to that part is going to be tough.

The biggest problem is going to be that the only acceptable answer for what happened for the people of that community (who are colored and jaded by their own experiences and life) is that "the cops are wrong." There is going to be alot of talk about how "he was a nice guy" and "he didn't mean anyone any harm."

But like I said, once the guns came out and the voices got raised, things were likely to be headed in the wrong direction.

My guess is that once guns started getting waved around and voices raised that things got out of hand very quickly. Everyone involved is going to a have a perception of what happened based upon the information that only they can really know.

The biggest problem is going to be that the only acceptable answer for what happened for the people of that community (who are colored and jaded by their own experiences and life) is that "the cops are wrong." There is going to be alot of talk about how "he was a nice guy" and "he didn't mean anyone any harm."

But like I said, once the guns came out and the voices got raised, things were likely to be headed in the wrong direction.
The guns did not come out in hostility at all. People that live in such rural areas as I do all carry guns openly everyday and nobody over reacts. That part was introduced some how and pretty difficult to see how "protect and serve" were part of any equation at this point ? But we will surely find out as evidence comes forth. There were many witnesses including any officers and others like EMTs and family and accident victims at the scene and they will all be heard as well as video will likely show up. For me this thing smells a bit, but we shall see ?

From this. Hoodathunk?
One man said many do not trust the police to do a truly independent investigation of Yantis' death.

"All of the investigation is under one roof of government," Brian Pearce said. "You're looking at a crowd that does not trust government on any level."

and why would they , given so many egregious acts and lies from our own government in recent years ? IMO anybody who simply gives the benefit of the doubt at this juncture is not thinking very clearly. BHO and crew have shown us all very clearly that we should all be questioning authority at every level. That is NOT a bad thing at all, wanting the truth for a change from the control freaks we call government So in a perverse way BHO and crew has shown us just how easy it is to fool the masses and undermine any and all laws !

My best guess is still the Rancher didn't show the 'kids' enough respect and they wanted to keep charge of the situation.So when he had the gun,that took control from them.
But one of the cops grabbed a loaded ,cocked gun while a person was ready to shoot.The cop was responsible for any gun waving.
I think that department ideology and trainer ideology has a lot to do with how things turn out. When was the last time a WDFW officer shot a guy? EVERYONE they encounter during August to January has a great chance of having a high power rifle.
And a side arm? A big knife or 2?
A Seattle cop's nightmare:eek:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews