JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FBI opens investigation into controversial shooting of Idaho rancher

Twelve days after the shooting death of an Idaho rancher by Adams County sheriff's deputies in an incident involving an injured bull, U.S. Attorney for Idaho Wendy Olson announced yesterday that the FBI has launched an investigation into the incident, according to the Spokane Spokesman Review.

<broken link removed>

FBI opens investigation into controversial shooting of Idaho rancher

Twelve days after the shooting death of an Idaho rancher by Adams County sheriff's deputies in an incident involving an injured bull, U.S. Attorney for Idaho Wendy Olson announced yesterday that the FBI has launched an investigation into the incident, according to the Spokane Spokesman Review.

<broken link removed>
This last summer my friend Richard who runs a thousand head of cattle on his ranch of over 100,000 acres told me a story the day after it happened and he was still pissed off ! Richard is 87 years old and still works every single day and still good to go in every way. One of his workers was driving thru a very small town where he lives, in a pickup with a flatbed (common deal to ranchers and farmers) and had several bails of hay on the bed that were not tied down. A supervisor from ODOT saw him and stopped him, and called the local police out to give him a ticket. The worker called Richard who was close by and he showed up immediately and the argument was on like donkey kong ! Richard explained that he has been ranching in the area and town since he was born in the same house he still lives in and they have never tied down a few bails that were going directly to be fed to a few stragglers that were separated from the herd, down the road a piece. He knew the LEO but not the ODOT guy who was insistent the driver get ticketed. After a long winded argument Richard told the worker to get in his truck and go feed the cows and the worker drove away. This infuriated the ODOT guy who summoned the sheriff ! at this point Richard told the guy he was an educated idiot and he had wasted enough time on the matter and they know where they could find him and the worker at the ranch, so go piss up rope ! He also informed the ODOT guy he would be sending a report to Salem about the incident and verified with the officer his location and availability if any further actions were necessary. Well the sheriff never showed up, but this is exactly how these kind of things can happen. We now live in an era where control freaks run amok in our governance at every level and yes we have numerous educated idiots telling us all what to do and how high to jump as well as when ! I imagine something very close to this scenario is what happened to Mr Yantis. Whatever happened a man is dead for likely no good reason and we need answers.

2 years ago I had a similar event take place when a local officer stopped me (in a different town) and I got out of the car with all the paper work. It was 106 degrees and I was wearing a pair of shorts , no shirt and flip flops. The officer insisted that I stand in a certain spot and I said no I will stand right here if that is OK ? and he went into a tyrade about why I must obey his orders. I said well you can see I have no weapons and besides the fact that I am an old guy, so who is bullbubblegumting who ? Then some little Mexican kids came out of an apt Bldg and started literally climbing all over his motorcycle and he went berserk and I busted out laughing ! The LEO lives right down the street from me, maybe a block and everybody knows he was fired from another force for taking bribes even though he was never prosecuted. and these are the people we are supposed to obey and respect ? IMO it has all become a very bad joke on the public from the top down in a myriad of ways ! So I always question authority these days in every event and matter. I wish more people would as well so we can get rid of a lot of this garbage forced on all of us. This is not what I went to RVN for !

Last Edited:
This will all go the route of the Snake river. Just flow down stream into oblivia.
The officers involved will move away,cause everyone knows who they are.Not that many out there.The sheriff will be voted out at next election or if there is a recall,sooner.
The officers will not be indited for anything because Jack Yantiz's gun DID go off. Not even the family can say if it went off before the officers shot him or when they shot him in the hand
If it went off when the officer grabbed Yantiz then the outcome will be that Yantiz shot at the officer.
No big deal that's how the cookie crumbles
I would not want to be an officer for that county for quite some time

"This will all go the route of the Snake river. Just flow down stream into oblivia."
Just so's ya know, the Snake River doesn't actually flow all the way to Oblivia, ...it just goes to the Columbia River. It's the Columbia that then continues on and goes to "Oblivia" also commonly known as the "Whuuut?Coast"

Last Edited:
This will all go the route of the Snake river. Just flow down stream into oblivia.
The officers involved will move away,cause everyone knows who they are.Not that many out there.The sheriff will be voted out at next election or if there is a recall,sooner.
The officers will not be indited for anything because Jack Yantiz's gun DID go off. Not even the family can say if it went off before the officers shot him or when they shot him in the hand
If it went off when the officer grabbed Yantiz then the outcome will be that Yantiz shot at the officer.
No big deal that's how the cookie crumbles
I would not want to be an officer for that county for quite some time
We shall see, and I do disagree. Just because his rifle went off because an officer grabbed him will likely not be in favor of the officers. Especially as all present knew he was there with the rifle and it was no surprise as he was about to kill the bull in plain view of all and never was any kind of threat to anybody except the bull ? As I read more I think this will end up with the LEOs screwing up pretty good in judgment before , during and after the shooting of Mr Yantis and at a minimum there will be serious law suits filed and very well may be prosecutions for manslaughter or a lesser charge than murder. But we will find out.

Despite the true comments about Presidents LBJ, Reagan and Bush (Clinton too)---obama is the worst president in history. A proven liar. " if you like your medical plan, you can keep it. Period "

I believe this one is on here back a few pages,but with these articles the family must be trying to move the trial venu.Put out these and they taint the jury in the area
It could also make it so the officers can never get a fair trial?
Hope it doesn't backfire on them
I read it and did not see any reference at all about a change of venue ? But damn this was horrific. Nearly brings tears to your eyes and the bull died a horrific death as well.

Disgusting actions. The officers involved should have to pay the settlement from their retirement funds. Then pack them off to prison and general population with all the brother criminals they arrested.

This is murder. This is also assault and battery prior to being murdered. WHERE IS THE LAW?

Add in the animal abuse?

I would love to see both of those idiot pigs in the electric chair after their fair trial. NO BAIL before trial...

Oh and the police union should have everything changed so that the violent employees that are accused of crimes are actually investigated.

I had a local CCSO sheriff deputy actually tell me that a felon with a gun that is actively threatening people while drunk and that his safety is at risk if he was going to respond.... Oh and it wasnt worth calling the SWAT team. They might be hurt...

Police have no requirement to protect you. They are just historians that document the crime. I can cite many court cases that back that up and encourage cowards to join the police forces.

I do not hate LAW ABIDING police! My family is both military and LEO. WE all HATE criminals. No matter if they wear a uniform or gangbanger clothing. A criminal should be in prison.

There should be extra penalties for any officer that commits a crime on the job.

Vancouver PD raped a 15 year girl infront of me. 2 male officers targeted us as we were walking her home. 3 men, including me had to intervene, both of the officers were pointing guns to our faces. They had parked the car so it didnt record them sexually assaulting a little girl infront of witnesses.

After trying to report this sexual assault of a minor, guns in the crowd's face, threats of reprisal if we attempted to report the rape... We actually went in and did report it. ONLY TO HAVE THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER RIP UP THE REPORT. Threats of criminal charges against the witness were leveled at the witnesses. The Vancouver Washington Police Department covered up the rape of a child by attacking the witnesses.

I dont blame every officer in the VPD. I do blame those 2 male officers, and the investigating officer. The investigating officer should be just as responsiable in that case and serving the same prison time as the other 2.

Most disgusting thing is seeing these officers driving through town. I have no idea if they are still on the force. But the department has never tried to investigate this disgusting crime.

It is on the citizens to take back the LAW. There is cases of the entire departments being removed, and in cases being charged.

Then you have honest law men that are framed and ran out of office just so criminals can take over.

A real police officer from my grandparents time would be afraid of a criminal but would do his job. He would protect and serve the community. Not turn into a clique and hide criminal acts.

We need good police. We need communities to review any and ALL criminal allegations in entirety. And for those officers to be watched for any patterns of criminal behavior or abuse of the people.

My prayers go out to the family of the murdered Rancher. I hope they sue the bubblegum out of both officers and take every dime they have before prison takes 40 years from them.

If either of those officers has a family I can see them moving to the south pole over the shame....

Well Camaro I can see you are a bit perturbed over this incident and others you have personally experienced. I am as well and I too have seen this co-called judicial system harm many people and have experienced some of it first hand as well. Most people are still living in the past and are unwilling to acknowledge that all of our systems are very broken indeed ! What I really don't get is that many actually support the Obama regime on many issues that are actually creating the police state that has harmed many people, simply because they cannot admit that the police have committed many crimes. That same police state has grown much larger and grander and much more militarized under BHO and crew than prior. It is also clear it is in conjunction with BHOs efforts to ramp up racial strife. But just because a few have committed crimes does not mean they are all whacked or would do such. None the less we desperately need to reign it all in just as we need to reign in the out of control government in general, so don't lose sight of the bigger picture. I do NOT give police the benefit of the doubt any longer for good and valid reasons. Unfortunately they rarely protect and serve any longer and many are still wiling to let them continue with their outrageous acts like this one and automatically give them the benefit of the doubt. All it has done is to empower the bad guys just as it has empowered groups like "black lives matter" ? It is enabling wrongful acts no matter how you slice it.

For nay sayers let me be clear, police do NOT respond except after the fact in most cases so they are not protecting anybody, We all know we have to do that ourself. And when men like this fellow are killed for no good reason they are not serving either. There is not one person that can show a good reason this guy died. So at a minimum heads should swing or worse and I imagine there will be prosecutions. Remains to be seen on what charges. Keep your powder dry my man !

I read the Oathkeepers website today. I recommend you all should read it as well. By all, I mean all that in their heart know the Constitution is the law of the land as well as the Bill of Rights are inalienable rights and are willing to defend it. For real.

I read the Oathkeepers website today. I recommend you all should read it as well. By all, I mean all that in their heart know the Constitution is the law of the land as well as the Bill of Rights are inalienable rights and are willing to defend it. For real.
Everybody should join OathKeepers and or 3%ers. OathKeepers deserve your support and they may be your last chance to stand up as a force if the time comes. All the necessary info is here
https://www.facebook.com/Downtothinking on my FB page

it is a legal system not a justice system.

nobody's life will ever be the same that is involved in the incident.
I agree nobody's life will ever be the same especially his wife and the dead guy ? But in all honesty that has little to do with the fact that a man is wrongfully dead and others damaged. what we don't know is if this was some kind of poor judgment or worse ? And no matter what you call our judicial system it is all quite broken ? and all law enforcement is part of our judicial system. Obama Holder and others have proven just how seriously broken it all is and how easily it can be corrupted and circumvented beyond the shadow of any doubt ! He proves this daily in many matters. In fact all of our systems of governance are quite broken.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top