JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all, what do ya think about printing and signing then mailing in this e- petition. I have......, and am planning on hitting the gun show tomorrow with a hand full of these and getting people to sign, then I will mail as many as I get to Salem, Oregon if we get enough, it will be on the ballot next November.

<broken link removed>

Bloomberg will be back. He knows he has a bad reputation and even the anti gun CO governor told him to stay out of the CO gun control efforts. So he merged with the Mothers group to try and hide his involvement. We need to push back by keeping his involvement public. Even the liberals in Portland don't want a NY dictator telling them what to do. Ask them, do you really want to turn Oregon into another New York?

Dont put it past the gov in portland.
They are one degree off of Beijing now.

Hi all, what do ya think about printing and signing then mailing in this e- petition. I have......, and am planning on hitting the gun show tomorrow with a hand full of these and getting people to sign, then I will mail as many as I get to Salem, Oregon if we get enough, it will be on the ballot next November.

<broken link removed>

What is the website for the full text.
I click on the link and get a green background and a white empty popup ??

What is the website for the full text.
I click on the link and get a green background and a white empty popup ??

Hi TAKU,, i get everything that i click on, maybe something with your computer settings...?...you may need to update or download "adobe" as it is a pdf file..... i printed the full text as well as petitions,then i was off to the gun show today and got a few more signatures, and will be sending them off tomorrow.. also signed up with O.F.F. this morning, as they were at the gun show. guy running the O.F.F. table seemed like a good guy. ( is there too many off's in the paragraph?)...:s0114:

here is a copy of th wording:
Oregon Castle Doctrine Act
Section 1. In order to guarantee every person the right to be secure in his or her home or business without having to retreat from any intruder, and to ensure the peaceful enjoyment of land without concern as to trespassers, the People adopt this statute as the Oregon Castle Doctrine.
Section 2. An owner of any land is not liable for any injury, death or other damage suffered by a trespasser on the land where such injury, death, or other damage is caused by any condition of the land or its fixtures. The only exception to this section is the following: this section does not protect an owner from liability for placing a spring gun, or other device, which is placed intentionally for the purpose of injuring a person.
Section 3. Any resident who uses any form of physical force, including deadly physical force, against an intruder is presumed to have reasonably believed that the intruder was using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against any resident on the premises, such that the resident who uses such physical force was justified, based on self-defense or defense of a third person, and therefore not subject to any civil or criminal liability for use of such physical force.
Section 4. Definitions as used in this Act:
(a) "Intruder" means a person who is committing criminal trespass in the first degree (as defined in ORS 164.255), burglary in the first degree (as defined in ORS 164.225), or burglary in the second degree (as defined in ORS 164.215).
(b) "Land" includes all real property, whether publicly or privately owned.
(c) "Owner" means the possessor of any interest in any land, including but not limited to possession of a fee title. "Owner" includes a tenant, lessee, occupant or other person in possession of the land.
(d) "Resident" means any person who is lawfully present in a building or dwelling, as those terms are defined in ORS 164.205.
(e) "Trespasser" means any person, 18 years of age or older, who unlawfully enters or remains on the land.
Section 5. This Act does not create or expand any liability either directly or by implication.

The definition of tresspasser immediately caught my eye.
Why 18 ?
Just curious.
A 12, 14, 16 yr old with a weapon is capable of the same degree of lethality as an 18 yr old.
It happens regularly across the country with gangs.
Again just curious, as I doubt anyone is going to ask for ID first???? Is it a legal thing or a feel good thing. Really curious, so no offence meant.
Look at Africa, VN, Islam.....
They are real good at killing you with weapons in children's hands.
Gangs are no different.

The definition of tresspasser immediately caught my eye.
Why 18 ?
Just curious.
A 12, 14, 16 yr old with a weapon is capable of the same degree of lethality as an 18 yr old.
It happens regularly across the country with gangs.
Again just curious, as I doubt anyone is going to ask for ID first???? Is it a legal thing or a feel good thing. Really curious, so no offence meant.
Look at Africa, VN, Islam.....
They are real good at killing you with weapons in children's hands.
Gangs are no different.

Agreed, 100%.. not sure why somebody wrote it this way, perhaps they felt like the general public would be more likely to vote yes if there was some provision to keep homeowners from giving teenagers a good beat down.. not sure,, but it is what it is..although not perfect by a long shot,,. I would like to think its an improvement over current law

Well not to be an *** but lets hope people leave the big black rifles at home this time. We know the results of them wandering around the capital with them last time. THEY SCARED THE MORONS THAT WRITE AND VOTE FOR LAWS now firearms are banned from the capital (unless you have a CHL).

Gun rights advocates bring weapons inside Capitol during peaceful 'Patriot Party' rally | OregonLive.com

If there were 10,000 people with or without rifles, but all adults (or mostly) it would be worth it.

With all due respect, I really can't tell what this rally is all about. I attended 3 rallies last year at the state capitol. There were permits, speakers, and a pretty good assessment of what actions were being taken by our elected officials. Major themes were the stripping of rights from law abiding citizens and trampling of the second amendment.

Last year, many of us wrote letters and sent emails to the major players, including committee members, with specifics about proposed legislation. Along with others, I followed up with multiple phone calls to 2nd amendment supporters as well as those who would strip us of our rights.

Not that I'm against a show of solidarity, just not sure what this particular rally is all about.

seems to me the 19th was supposed to be gun appreciation day , an annual event nation wide with capitol gatherings and be like the 1/19/13.....at least that's what everyone was saying last year, am I wrong ?

I thought it was the 19th?
Did the date get changed?[/QUOTE

I stand corrected,, I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.:s0155:

dang,, so sorry, l need to pay attention to the thread..
JANUARY 19TH

You are fine.
Things change.
I still am curious who and what organizations are all behind this one. Have not seen anything from any other gun groups about it and generally they are notifying folks?

Well not to be an *** but lets hope people leave the big black rifles at home this time. We know the results of them wandering around the capital with them last time. THEY SCARED THE MORONS THAT WRITE AND VOTE FOR LAWS now firearms are banned from the capital (unless you have a CHL).

Gun rights advocates bring weapons inside Capitol during peaceful 'Patriot Party' rally | OregonLive.com

First and foremost, Mark, with as much respect as I can muster I'm sad your an Oregonian. Second, Oregon live told a half truth if that's really what they said. CHL holders were the only ones allowed in the Capital Building with weapons to begin with furthermore you can still legally bring your loaded Open Carried firearm on public property when not in a building provided a few exceptions (Salem being one). Nothing changed as a result of the Feburary OFF rally, if there hadn't been that many that showed up gun control laws certainly would have been passed. For the record, as a constituent I like representatives that oppose us to see our numbers and that despite out masses "OPS reported no incidence."

First and foremost, Mark, with as much respect as I can muster I'm sad your an Oregonian. Second, Oregon live told a half truth if that's really what they said. CHL holders were the only ones allowed in the Capital Building with weapons to begin with furthermore you can still legally bring your loaded Open Carried firearm on public property when not in a building provided a few exceptions. Nothing changed as a result of the Feburary OFF rally, if there hadn't been that many that showed up gun control laws certainly would have been passed. For the record, as a constituent I like representatives that oppose us to see our numbers and that despite out masses "OPS reported no incidence."

you just made my day

no clue , I don't have Facebook.....didn't have a clue last year either, I just heard about the 2a gatherings and new the issues and went still not sure if I am going this year, I wear camo on Sundays

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top