JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wear em. Hell wear a ghillie, but is this going to have the turnout it should have
without support of all the pro gun orgs behind it.
Low turnouts hurt more than help.
If its going to be done someone needs to get up toward a 10K turnout, or
the low turnout will psychologically enable the politicos, as they will think then
they really don't have the opposition to threaten them.
Someone has to think a bit with these things.

They need to be truly effective.

If there is a message to send..... which in essence there is, it needs to drown out
the area for 20 miles in every direction.
It is things like that, that will make them all need a diaper change.
Swatting bees just pizzes em off. park a flail mower on top of the hive instead..

This needs to be done big time, but it needs to be done with impact.

I was just kidding about the camo, although I do like the feel of a nice worn in set of baggy surplus camo pants, love pockets too. I own some ATACS FG and never once though someone looked at me different for wearing the pants to the store till I came to this websight

Anyway I brought 6 people last year, my main foxhole buddy is already going to be out of town but I am working on at least someone to make the trip with me .....I am packing though , don't care man its a 2a rally , I carry everyday CC anyway, OC when not in population and take my modern musket most everywhere....kept in the truck of course, you just never know these days

Wear camo or come looking sharp, pack your big black scary rifle or only what the good Lord gave you, but just come. I'll be there with 4 others. That's two more than I was with last year.

First and foremost, Mark, with as much respect as I can muster I'm sad your an Oregonian. Second, Oregon live told a half truth if that's really what they said. CHL holders were the only ones allowed in the Capital Building with weapons to begin with furthermore you can still legally bring your loaded Open Carried firearm on public property when not in a building provided a few exceptions. Nothing changed as a result of the Feburary OFF rally, if there hadn't been that many that showed up gun control laws certainly would have been passed. For the record, as a constituent I like representatives that oppose us to see our numbers and that despite out masses "OPS reported no incidence."

Your Sad I am an Oregonian. Well I guess I should have stayed at home in 1989 instead of spending so much time at the capital building in hearings and lobbying to get the concealed carry laws changed.

I think it already is out of hand. I wasn't picking on you, so please don't take offense. This policy of LE doing "spot checks" is a very touchy subject with me. I just have a hard time with people giving up their rights so freely.

As of right now I'm planning to drag my wife and daughter down to this. I could "arm" us all with black rifles but I won't. It's not the kind of publicity our side needs. However, since my wife and I both have CHL's we will both be discreetly armed; probably with 1911's.

^^^ this.

If I didn't already have a car full and wasn't driving from the opposite direction I'd give you a ride. There may be others coming from the Portland area who have room.

I might take up an offer like that, but it depends. Sorry guys/girls, but I haven't hung out with many people from here face to face to see if I actually want to ride in a car with them for like 6 hours. :D

I might take up an offer like that, but it depends. Sorry guys/girls, but I haven't hung out with many people from here face to face to see if I actually want to ride in a car with them for like 6 hours. :D
I'll offer a ride. You shouldn't be too far out of my way. Up to you if you think you could stand me though.:s0114: It's also a lot less than 6 hours in a car unless you drive 30mph like my great uncle did. The only car on the highway in danger of getting passed by a tractor.

Your Sad I am an Oregonian. Well I guess I should have stayed at home in 1989 instead of spending so much time at the capital building in hearings and lobbying to get the concealed carry laws changed.
I would have thought that someone who lobbied so hard for CHL would have a clearer picture of how those laws were introduced, maintained, and have relatively been unchanging as of late. You made blatant, false statements regarding protests that you said "THEY SCARED THE MORONS THAT WRITE AND VOTE FOR LAWS now firearms are banned from the capital (unless you have a CHL)" when in reality it was illegal without a CHL well before the rallies of late. If you allow for exception you give into the notion that "they" have authority to regulate what is and is not permissible regardless of legality. Just because it is not the norm for a man to walk down the street with an AR15 does not mean that he intends to do harm, in fact I would wager more people walk down the street with an AR15 intending not to do harm than vice verse. If you with to give up a right just for more "bargaining power" you are no better than those that give up "liberties for false sense of security." Every day it is becoming more frequent that people are treated as guilty until proven innocent. People are told not asked to lay down liberties in the sense of "needing to do SOMETHING" when in reality the somethings do little to nothing. The political elite lie and refuse to listen to their constituents. No, but again with all the but the scraps of any respect I can muster, the time for talk is over. The time for negotiation is over. You can't negotiate with those that don't listen. The time for giving up freedoms is over, no matter how many lives it is intended to save. My freedoms are worth more than your dead. My freedoms are worth more than scared politicians that are worried about functions that cause "no incidence."

No, but again with all the but the scraps of any respect I can muster, the time for talk is over. The time for negotiation is over. You can't negotiate with those that don't listen. The time for giving up freedoms is over, no matter how many lives it is intended to save. My freedoms are worth more than your dead. My freedoms are worth more than scared politicians that are worried about functions that cause "no incidence."
yes! I am glad I am not the only one, feels like it sometimes.....not in real life because I surround myself with people like you but on line I swear we are being infiltrated to create unrest between like minded people

Mark, I believe you have good intentions. But you claims to have been in the battle since '68.......since '68 you have been preaching , in business casual....looking down on your fellow Americans and Statesmen that you claim are ruining it for everyone by not playing by the governments rules.
It has not worked Mark and I could just as easily turn it around on you and blame you and everyone with your philosophy on getting us where we are now. If you just would have stepped up and shown your teeth sooner, while I was a kid we wouldn't be between a rock and a hard spot now, it has not worked since '68 but I don't blame you.
I wont go the way you have gone, because being nice about it has failed you.....and me
Valiant effort but its time to quit thinking that "this time" they will listen because you have been playing right into there plan since '68.....its time change gears and try something different but most importantly quit looking down on people for wanting to try something different, get to fighting or get out of the way

I'll offer a ride. You shouldn't be too far out of my way. Up to you if you think you could stand me though.:s0114: It's also a lot less than 6 hours in a car unless you drive 30mph like my great uncle did. The only car on the highway in danger of getting passed by a tractor.

Change of plans and thanks for the invite. The wife and kids wanna go see the rally at the Oregon Capitol. We will see y'all there.

Howard

oli700. Tell you what I'll just shut up and bow out. I'll keep my opinions and experience's to my self. And watch how this turns out. I'm glad you were able to point out the mistake I made by getting my info from less then ideal sources. And I now feel like I have been put in my place.

I guess supporting gun rights since before the 1968 gun control act has made me old and week. Best I leave the screaming and yelling to others with more energy for banging their heads against the wall (instead of finding a way to climb over).

I bow to your superior effort.

For those whom may think Rally's are unimportant, I spoke with one (DEM) Senator earlier this year who blamed the Rallys for
ending some momentum of laws that might have passed. It was easier according to him to try again this year after things cool down.
I see by his comments as this not ending but ramping up again. But this time the noise is going to be much quieter by law makers whom will try and pass laws behind closed doors hoping to go unchallenged or little resistance as many fear removal or being booted at elections.

My opinion is whether you go to Rallys or not whether you write your law makers or not.
I think if you live in Oregon and or Washington you have an obligation to future generations to fight now.
So there may still be a fight later. There are some laws that you and I know will never be reversed and gun laws
are horrendous at trying to reverse . It is with that , you should do something no matter whom you are or how
old you are. Your time is now, so others may have their freedoms later.

I'm
SW
And i approve this message.:s0155:

Very best post here ! :s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

For those whom may think Rally's are unimportant, I spoke with one (DEM) Senator earlier this year who blamed the Rallys for
ending some momentum of laws that might have passed. It was easier according to him to try again this year after things cool down.
I see by his comments as this not ending but ramping up again. But this time the noise is going to be much quieter by law makers whom will try and pass laws behind closed doors hoping to go unchallenged or little resistance as many fear removal or being booted at elections.

My opinion is whether you go to Rallys or not whether you write your law makers or not.
I think if you live in Oregon and or Washington you have an obligation to future generations to fight now.
So there may still be a fight later. There are some laws that you and I know will never be reversed and gun laws
are horrendous at trying to reverse . It is with that , you should do something no matter whom you are or how
old you are. Your time is now, so others may have their freedoms later.

I'm
SW
And i approve this message.:s0155:

Well put. At least its a short session so they don't have as much time this year.

oli700. Tell you what I'll just shut up and bow out. I'll keep my opinions and experience's to my self. And watch how this turns out. I'm glad you were able to point out the mistake I made by getting my info from less then ideal sources. And I now feel like I have been put in my place.

I guess supporting gun rights since before the 1968 gun control act has made me old and week. Best I leave the screaming and yelling to others with more energy for banging their heads against the wall (instead of finding a way to climb over).

I bow to your superior effort.

Just be there it makes no difference. Head count is what matters, and the only true thing I wish was different is I think it should be on a day they are all in session. Playing to an empty house really baffles me. But there needs to be a sea of heads as far as the eye can see. I hate those rally pics when there are just a few off in the corner.
Make it a wall of people with no space between them for a block or two every direction and make sure some great wide angle pics are taken. You can at least dump those in the politicos laps.

Hey you guys.....here's a crazy notion.

I have read and re-read all the posts in this thread. Made some of my personal opinions, thought and re-considered some of my personal feelings and have come to this conclusion.....

For one, repeat just ONE day, lets put the personal, emotional crap aside, stand proud with our brothers in arms, and make a statement to these political douchebags that want to oppress us? Come as you are, long haired, pot smoking liberal, ghillie suit wear'en sniper, tacticool Ak'd, hunting, packing, Democrat, republican Libertarian, white, Asian, black, Hispanic, coffee drinking, Prius driving, Carhartt wearing, Marine, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, Christian, atheist, single mom on welfare. I don't give a rip.

Love the Second Amendment? Then show up....lets quit our whining and move on from there. Agreed?

Hey you guys.....here's a crazy notion.

I have read and re-read all the posts in this thread. Made some of my personal opinions, thought and re-considered some of my personal feelings and have come to this conclusion.....

For one, repeat just ONE day, lets put the personal, emotional crap aside, stand proud with our brothers in arms, and make a statement to these political douchebags that want to oppress us? Come as you are, long haired, pot smoking liberal, ghillie suit wear'en sniper, tacticool Ak'd, hunting, packing, Democrat, republican Libertarian, white, Asian, black, Hispanic, coffee drinking, Prius driving, Carhartt wearing, Marine, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, Christian, atheist, single mom on welfare. I don't give a rip.

Love the Second Amendment? Then show up....lets quit our whining and move on from there. Agreed?

Another Great post ... YES THIS !!!!!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top