JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of people dont always come to the political section here, and there are thousands that read the other parts of NWF
How about it mods, a post in each section would serve the cause well ???
Too many do not know this will be going on and its time they do.
Getting the word out is how things are made successful.
What about a public notice sticky at the top of every forum for things like this also????
Just thinking here..(yeah, dont say it. Its dangerous ) that is one thing the left doesn't know how to do. :D

A lot of people dont always come to the political section here, and there are thousands that read the other parts of NWF
What about a public notice sticky at the top of every forum for things like this also????
Just thinking here..

Could always see if Joe would put it as a site header announcement like he did with the OR Senate bills last year.

Could always see if Joe would put it as a site header announcement like he did with the OR Senate bills last year.

An excellent idea. But folks that use tapatalk wont see site headers. There are thousands that use that in the cell phones. Still a very great idea. :s0155:

not trying to be

And if you had not noticed, my tone on that modified in later posts.
The one thing that counts is head count, no matter what you bring or wear. Time to stop the bickering bs. Just be there if you give a damn and wish to protect the 2nd Amendment ! A small showing will do more harm. Everyone just grit yer teeth, be sensible, be there !
Giving yourself is a small price to pay for the return you will get. Its one day out of your life (to everyone) !

An excellent idea. But folks that use tapatalk wont see site headers. There are thousands that use that in the cell phones. Still a very great idea. :s0155:

I'm on the old version of Tapatalk and use it to open the site in a web browser quite a bit because it doesn't do everything. Not saying that it was a silver bullet idea.

I emailed Lars Larson and gave information on the Rally asking if he could give a shout out over the next few weeks on his show.
He said Sure.

So there is some good news.

SW

( ps there should be an events section on this forum just for stuff like this so people can see upcoming events )

Great.
I sent to him too.

There needs to be something that gets in front of everyone for things like this. Too many have tunnel vision.

I too have been reading the posts in this thread. My thoughts are that the more diversified we are as a group, the more impact we will have. I don't want us all to be the same. It would be great if some of us were in suits and ties (that won't be me) and showed a bit of polish while others looked like Darryl from the Walking Dead. We need to show that we cover a wide spectrum of our society but we are united.

I don't agree slinging an ak or ar across your back at these events furthers our cause, but I have a lot of respect for people who actually get off their *** and attend these gatherings. It's easy to sit at your computer and whine all day, people actually putting in the effort to actively attend these gatherings in person is great to see. Showing up is half the battle, as the saying goes.

And walking around the capital with a bunch of evil black assault rifles is exactly what THEY NEED. That way the TV cameras can find the one idiot to talk on camera about how no ones going to take away their rights or the Revolution will start. Then show a few shots of black rifles and that's a wrap. They did it both times last year and that combined with the guys walking around inside the capital resulted in our loosing MORE RIGHTS.

THEY SCARED THE MORONS THAT WRITE AND VOTE FOR LAWS now firearms are banned from the capital (unless you have a CHL).

It would do more for our cause then 20K people wandering around with black rifles and camo pants.

I told people before the first rally in Jan of 2013 to leave the guns at home and just bring signs and numbers and look how well that turned out NEW LAWS and People looking stupid on TV.
You TOLD PEOPLE ! You don't tell people to do $hat.....suggest your belief, have your opinion but the minute you TELL me to do anything I done lost respect because you think you know what's best for me but you do not.
People looking stupid......you sound like the one who thinks they are superior

You keep calling "evil black assault rifles".....that is what hurts, they are simply rifles. And I have never carried one at a rally but the ones who did have every right to do so, they are not evil, they are not assault rifles, they are not scary , they are the right arm of the free world.

You push your agenda on others and the situation continues to deteriorate.......other than last year’s rallies I cannot recall any other gatherings that armed folks showed up so don't act like it just keeps setting us back.....

I saw very little media about it for the entire nation gathering but the people who needed to see it did, foreigners took big notice and I am glad they got that message because they cannot wait till the American people become unarmed because once we are they will be here......our government isn't the only ones who need the message

Pro-gun rallies held in US state capitals - Americas - Al Jazeera English
These bast@rds need to see we will never be an easy target, we will never bow to the will of the rest of the world who would have us fixed and sent to pasture

oli700. Tell you what I'll just shut up and bow out. I'll keep my opinions and experience's to myself. And watch how this turns out. I'm glad you were able to point out the mistake I made by getting my info from less then ideal sources. And I now feel like I have been put in my place.

I guess supporting gun rights since before the 1968 gun control act has made me old and week. Best I leave the screaming and yelling to others with more energy for banging their heads against the wall (instead of finding a way to climb over).

I bow to your superior effort.

If that is how you feel then fine. In no way do I think I am superior, I am not trying to put you in your place just merely pointing out we are not all the same and your angle has not produced fruit IMO.... no one thinks your old or weak, I think you are trying to push your vision on others instead off realizing maybe we all bring something to the table, let people be who they are, it was this country was founded on
I appreciate your effort and I thank you for them, something you will never be able to utter to me because you cant see my side, just your own.

"That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.”
Jeff Cooper’s Commentaries, Vol. 2, No. 5, May 1994

remind then why we cannot be subdued by tyrants (Hint: its not a suit and tie while sitting quiet and motionless at a 2A ralley)

And if you had not noticed, my tone on that modified in later posts.
The one thing that counts is head count, no matter what you bring or wear. Time to stop the bickering bs. Just be there if you give a damn and wish to protect the 2nd Amendment ! A small showing will do more harm. Everyone just grit yer teeth, be sensible, be there !
Giving yourself is a small price to pay for the return you will get. Its one day out of your life (to everyone) !

I haven't missed one yet and I don't plan to miss this one......and I am coming from quite a way, hate Salem and hate the drive.....every time. doesn't matter, Sunday , NFL, Work.....nothing has prevented it yet.

I am just put off by a few thing that I didn't think existed amongst us. I don't dislike anyone here , I just don't like being told how to live, how to look, how to act, how to fight my battle.......and all the while not one person has ever spoke this to my face and no one ever confronted anyone else to their face.....it just feels underhanded to read it written here

Make no mistake, you couldn't stick a ham bone up my a$$ and run me out with a pack of wild dogs....I am a freedom fighter and will be till the day I die, like my father, and his father and his father before him.

I would love to attend...but I would like more info on who is organizing it, who will be speaking, what will the topics be, etc. I am not interested in attending another "Guns for Jesus" rally. Nor am I interested in attending a right wing anti-choice rally.

I haven't missed one yet and I don't plan to miss this one......and I am coming from quite a way, hate Salem and hate the drive.....every time. doesn't matter, Sunday , NFL, Work.....nothing has prevented it yet.

I am just put off by a few thing that I didn't think existed amongst us. I don't dislike anyone here , I just don't like being told how to live, how to look, how to act, how to fight my battle.......and all the while not one person has ever spoke this to my face and no one ever confronted anyone else to their face.....it just feels underhanded to read it written here

Make no mistake, you couldn't stick a ham bone up my a$$ and run me out with a pack of wild dogs....I am a freedom fighter and will be till the day I die, like my father, and his father and his father before him.

You know, most got passed this, so why do you keep it going. Just be there if you are pro 2nd amendment and put the hostilities in the trash can. Enough already. Get back to bringing people on board for the rally.

Most important thing is to do your part and show up. Wear what you want, carry what you want. If people don't appreciate it, give them your first amendment finger. I for one don't appreciate hypocrites telling people how to support their constitutional rights, just another form of censorship. Oh, and have a GREAT day and Happy New Year.

You know, most got passed this, so why do you keep it going. Just be there if you are pro 2nd amendment and put the hostilities in the trash can. Enough already. Get back to bringing people on board for the rally.
two people quoted me and I don't get to respond ? who the hell died and left you in charge ?

Just thinking here..(yeah, dont say it. Its dangerous ) that is one thing the left doesn't know how to do. :D

+1, but make it a main page notice

I would love to attend...but I would like more info on who is organizing it, who will be speaking, what will the topics be, etc. I am not interested in attending another "Guns for Jesus" rally. Nor am I interested in attending a right wing anti-choice rally.

Quit being a wuss and go. :rolleyes: If you are a supporter of the 2nd amendment (I believe that you are), suck it up and go. Bring some ear plugs if you feel the need. If there turns out to be a gun slingin' baby Jesus, make lemonade out of lemons, you could take notes and make a fun and witty youtube video about it later. The only thing that I wish people didn't wear, bring or carry to the rally is a prideful ego.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top