JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI. Just passing along the message. It seems a little rally is getting together January 19th, just to remind the representatives that we are still around, watching and waiting.
I don't know a lot of details, other than the date/time.

Time is noon to ?

https://www.facebook.com/events/567166176671341/

Edit: some additional comments of interest for new readers:

"For those whom may think Rally's are unimportant, I spoke with one (DEM) Senator earlier this year who blamed the Rallys for
ending some momentum of laws that might have passed. It was easier according to him to try again this year after things cool down." - Salted Weapon

"A lot of people dont always come to the political section here, and there are thousands that read the other parts of NWF
How about it mods, a post in each section would serve the cause well ???" - Taku

Very important points to highlight in this thread! In summary:
1. Do be active. Your participation does mean something and it counts.
2. Communicate! Between the 19th and now I hope people are not just reading this thread and waiting to show up on the 19th. I hope people are being pro-active and spreading the message so more people can plan on attending.

Haven't seen the rally notice on another gun forum or facebook page? spread the news! Maybe your local gun shop or range wouldn't mind putting up a simple flier? Your simple suggestion or post could mean 20-30 more people showing up. Talk to friends, etc. Let's drive up those numbers to attend!

Edit:edit: Anti-gun bill to be introduced January 17th! Good timing for the rally! See the other thread for details.

Last Edited:
All open carrying. Big black rifles included, if ya want to. :D

That only stirs them up to act against us. Better to have the numbers there.
We don't really need arms to make the point. They already know.
An absolute sea of heads will do more good.
Numbers talk and it shows them people will go that extra step to insure the
2nd infringements won't be tolerated.

If someone shows up with a big'ole black scary thing and they do something stupid then they themselves should be held accountable. Just as if someone who shows up with a little hidden something something in their belt and them doing something stupid. Its the person not the firearm.

The issue is the people walking around inside the capitol building with rifles strapped to their backs, not those at the rally carrying. And for what it's worth, there were a few last year that didn't have a clue about muzzle control. They ticked off more than a few of us as they swept the crowd with their guns.

People just need to have their brains turned on. Making a stand is many times more about what is effective vs what you can do.

Good news, thanks for passing the word !

Well not to be an *** but lets hope people leave the big black rifles at home this time.

That didn't take long, I don't think your being an *** at all.....I think you more of a *****. There is going to be open carry and a lot of it, despite your whining......don't like it ? then you better keep you timid *** home

Good news, thanks for passing the word !

That didn't take long, I don't think your being an *** at all.....I think you more of a *****. There is going to be open carry and a lot of it, despite your whining......don't like it ? then you better keep you timid *** home

That will probably discourage a lot of gunowners from going then.
My guess is 3K will turnout again instead of 10 or 20 but who knows.

That only stirs them up to act against us. Better to have the numbers there.
We don't really need arms to make the point. They already know.
An absolute sea of heads will do more good.
Numbers talk and it shows them people will go that extra step to insure the
2nd infringements won't be tolerated.

So, you don't think a SEA of 10 to 20 thousand heads with Black Rifles would get the right point across?

That will probably discourage a lot of gunowners from going then.

I don't feel the slightest bit threatened about like minded Americans carrying a side arm or long arm, especially at a gathering to support the rights to do so

Why do you feel most gun owners would just rather stay home, then to support fellow Americans and choice to carry or not ?

The people who want to carry do not try to persuade ones who don't, why do the people who don't want to carry always try to persuade the ones who do ?

Seems a little one sided......I totally respect and support the folks that don't want to carry, why cant I get the same courtesy?

instead I am looked down on .....I don't classify this gathering like those guys who wander around armed with no purpose or indication of their intentions

I don't feel the slightest bit threatened about like minded Americans carrying a side arm or long arm, especially at a gathering to support the rights to do so

Why do you feel most gun owners would just rather stay home, then to support fellow Americans and choice to carry or not ?

The people who want to carry do not try to persuade ones who don't, why do the people who don't want to carry always try to persuade the ones who do ?

Seems a little one sided......I totally respect and support the folks that don't want to carry, why cant I get the same courtesy?

instead I am looked down on .....I don't classify this gathering like those guys who wander around armed with no purpose or indication of their intentions

You are awfully defensive.
It would seem like a lot more people would turn out with just a showing of headcount and get their attention instead of making the cowards run in and hide behind their desks an closets. But do what you will do and see what the turnout is. I do know many more will show up if its only sidearm carry. That gets across the same point without making the politicians cower, that only makes them act against us. :)
I am done. Let people decide for themselves what is best.
All I am saying is going for a larger turnout in my opinion will be a far more effective approach. Unless for some reason you dont want a big turnout ??

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews