JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And...That is how things get out of hand, right there.

Libs will use the police as a tool to further their agenda or create a wedge to further erode our rights. Have an incident occur to deflect the real reason for the rally. Concealed carry without a license, loaded long guns at the rally, disorderly conduct, too much shoe polish, anything to force an arrest or cause them to break up the rally and point to everyone as being radical.

I have been involved with gun rights since before the 1968 Gun control act.

I am not Liberal I am not afraid. I do know how the people we are against think and what methods they use to make us look like the bad guys. And walking around the capital with a bunch of evil black assault rifles is exactly what THEY NEED. That way the TV cameras can find the one idiot to talk on camera about how no ones going to take away their rights or the Revolution will start. Then show a few shots of black rifles and that's a wrap. They did it both times last year and that combined with the guys walking around inside the capital resulted in our loosing MORE RIGHTS.

Just like showing up at Star bucks well heeled worked out so well for us. Now instead of not caring what we do at Starbucks they have signs posted.

BUT hey who am I to get in the way.

I told people before the first rally in Jan of 2013 to leave the guns at home and just bring signs and numbers and look how well that turned out NEW LAWS and People looking stupid on TV. So for goodness sake call me a liberal and do what ever you think best afterall its not like you will be screwing up MY RIGHTS.

And...That is how things get out of hand, right there.

I think it already is out of hand. I wasn't picking on you, so please don't take offense. This policy of LE doing "spot checks" is a very touchy subject with me. I just have a hard time with people giving up their rights so freely.

As of right now I'm planning to drag my wife and daughter down to this. I could "arm" us all with black rifles but I won't. It's not the kind of publicity our side needs. However, since my wife and I both have CHL's we will both be discreetly armed; probably with 1911's.

If you've made the effort and took the expense to travel to Salem for the day, I'm not questioning your love of the Second Amendment or the Constitution......you don't need to show me your AK or AR to prove your devotion. I'd rather see you in some nice clothes and leave the BDU's at home. The media needs to see that we are regular people, not somebody they need to fear.

I think it already is out of hand. I wasn't picking on you, so please don't take offense. This policy of LE doing "spot checks" is a very touchy subject with me. I just have a hard time with people giving up their rights so freely.

As of right now I'm planning to drag my wife and daughter down to this. I could "arm" us all with black rifles but I won't. It's not the kind of publicity our side needs. However, since my wife and I both have CHL's we will both be discreetly armed; probably with 1911's.

I have a problem with having to have a CHL in the first place. It isn't like I'm going fishing or hunting.....

And....It is a discussion, speak your mind, I am pretty thick skinned. Just don't make fun of my coon skin cap! :s0112:

I have a problem with having to have a CHL in the first place. It isn't like I'm going fishing or hunting.....

And....It is a discussion, speak your mind, I am pretty thick skinned. Just don't make fun of my coon skin cap! :s0112:

Oh I agree. But unfortunately it's the cards we are dealt right now so we gotta play 'em. Just like LE having to play the cards they're dealt in that they have to (still) follow the 4th and 5th amendments of the constitution.

I won't make fun of your coon skin cap if you don't make fun of my NY Giants. (I already know they suck.) :s0114:

:peace:

I think it is more how we could look best. We have to remember our mindset about firearms is completely different from that of the Anti gun crowd. They live in fear with the false security that the police are there to protect them. The Sheepdogs need to not scare the flock!

We could all go like this or looking like a bunch of dudes that just stepped out of GQ magazine (or something in between)

Which would serve our cause better :s0131:

0.jpg

0.jpg

In my opinion the rally should be about letting the politicians understand that we are still here, ready, and watching you (representatives). We should also take the opportunity (I hope) to help educate each other to be more effective supporters, or refresh on REAL gun safety talk (take the language back!). I'm not an organizer of this rally, but if I had an "expectations" survey to fill out, those would be my top three.

As for open carry I agree that can be a touchy subject (Duh, if you've read this far in this thread :)) It has it's time and place, especially if it can be effectively used to educate. If your going to use it as a political statement, then I'd think the key is to remember "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and remember you represent more than just yourself as undoubtedly the cameras will be focused on you. I'd actually like to see more family heirlooms and historical WWII collectors and such in front of the cameras, explaining their significance instead of just "black rifles". Hearing "huh, I didn't know that. That's pretty neat" from the pages of something like the Willamette Weekly would be great (long-term goal).

Gun-control advocates may be quiet right now, but I can guarantee you they are just waiting for the next point to jump on to make any and all gun owners look bad. Heck, even if Sen. Ginny Birkenstock her self shows up and starts shaking her finger at people, I'd expect lots of smiles and friendly gestures (with all fingers, not just the longest one :s0114:). It's hard to convince non-gun people who are on the fence, reading Oregonlive, looking at pictures on facebook, or watching the evening news, that you are some sort of potential crazy (what gun control tries to convince the public what we are) if you come across as a reasonable, responsible and well spoken adult, even when provoked.

Just remember how much damage the gun-control advocates were able to inflict with the whole Axel-Jones/Piers-Morgan interview, or the Texas open carry counter protest of MDA just by using an oddly angled picture and a handful of facebook posts that shouldn't have been made.

you know what , screw it.....you guys have at it. I would rather do anything then know I am standing with a bunch of people that are critiquing my cloths, hair cut, facial hair or personal protection.....you all are not right , go have fun and be normal as long as it fits your image, your approval and your idea of normal .

I talked to fully uniformed state troopers that weren't even supposed to be there, they were using it as an excuse to show support. I didn't see ANY trouble, I didn't see ANY checks, I didn't see ANY one get hurt, I didn't see ANY negative press, I am NOT in a worse 2A position then I was last year because of what people did at the other rallies and there were far more armed people then unarmed people.....you all should be ashamed , hypocrites ! now I might be defensive, have fun in your perfect world I will not be there

Everybody has an opinion, so here goes: Let us not be divided! We are at a more critical junction than most realize. The Fed is quietly ramping up for a serious assault on your rights. Our State Admin is enthusiastically in His (you know who I mean) pocket. A big crowd of armed 2A folks could be a golden opportunity for the Minions At Large. Please consider the size and strength of the combined conglomerate of NSA; DEA; ATF; IRS; DHS; FBI; and OSP. Having said that please review material by Matthew Bracken. Right now, (my opinion) a head count will be more effective than a display of arms. Be well regulated. God Bless America!

you know what , screw it.....you guys have at it. I would rather do anything then know I am standing with a bunch of people that are critiquing my cloths, hair cut, facial hair or personal protection.....you all are not right , go have fun and be normal as long as it fits your image, your approval and your idea of normal .

I talked to fully uniformed state troopers that weren't even supposed to be there, they were using it as an excuse to show support. I didn't see ANY trouble, I didn't see ANY checks, I didn't see ANY one get hurt, I didn't see ANY negative press, I am NOT in a worse 2A position then I was last year because of what people did at the other rallies and there were far more armed people then unarmed people.....you all should be ashamed , hypocrites ! now I might be defensive, have fun in your perfect world I will not be there

What's with the attitude?
Everyone, so far, is enjoying a civil discussion. No one is acting hypocritical or tyrannical. No one's judging. We're just chatting. If you love the Second Amendment as much as you claim to, then you should attend. As an illustration, when you are in combat you are dressed accordingly, however, when you are representing the military you are dressed in a different way....one is not more honorable than the other, its the soldier that dignifies the uniform.

So, why not show a little dignity? We're not in combat with our anti-2A enemies.....yet.

What's with the attitude?
Everyone, so far, is enjoying a civil discussion. No one is acting hypocritical or tyrannical. No one's judging. We're just chatting. If you love the Second Amendment as much as you claim to, then you should attend. As an illustration, when you are in combat you are dressed accordingly, however, when you are representing the military you are dressed in a different way....one is not more honorable than the other, its the soldier that dignifies the uniform.

So, why not show a little dignity? We're not in combat with our anti-2A enemies.....yet.

You stated it far better than I did.
At this stage numbers is what they will see. Those folks cant comprehend what we feel and most are scared of guns because they dont think as we do. We sure dont need to spook them more than they are. They do see numbers and they know they can be harmed by that.
I have nothing against anyone carrying anything they want, bu I also think it is better to do things smart this time.
Laft time all it did was give them an excuse to pass a no guns in building rule. 3K people did not show them much. 10 or 20K would have.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top