JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would scronge up some Tyvek house wrap and use that inside the box.
It's micro pore breathable fabric would keep the soil from contacting the wood along with it's wood destroying organisms, but allow the moisture to wick away. A double wrap should work and the Tyvek is inherently stable with no chemical leaching.

I'd dig a 3" deep trench the size if the box, line that with black plastic with drain holes then build a 2 x 4 treated frame on top and place the box on that. The frame would keep the box off the ground; keep moisture away from the box bottom and keep the box "dry." I assume you will line the box interior with heavy plastic.

This is what you need. Put a couple of coats on the interior surface of the wood and it will be a permanent, no leak solution. Once cured, epoxy is completely inert so it won't contaminate anything in your planter. This is what people use to build boats. Don't use it on the exterior of the box because epoxy isn't UV resistant and will yellow in direct sunlight.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top