JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not familiar with that, I hope that works out for you either way.

I see there are lots of YouTube videos on the subject, but of course it's only YouTube. Some good things on YouTube (I've learned a ton of DIY home repair techniques on YT) and bad things (especially in the area of politics), but I would guess the aggragate consensus from a dozen videos would be informative.

YouTube can't be much less informative than an Internet forum 😮, unless you can get responses from people with actual experience in the matter; those I would read twice.

Not familiar with that, I hope that works out for you either way.

I see there are lots of YouTube videos on the subject, but of course it's only YouTube. Some good things on YouTube (I've learned a ton of DIY home repair techniques on YT) and bad things (especially in the area of politics), but I would guess the aggragate consensus from a dozen videos would be informative.

YouTube can't be much less informative than an Internet forum 😮, unless you can get responses from people with actual experience in the matter; those I would read twice.
So zero help, awesome.

Ummm, I was trying to help by pointing out you have to filter any data by considering the source. And I also provided a YouTube link that I thought might be beneficial.

Thank you for that, I've watched the you tubes and gotten information from my Cardiologist and AHA videos, what I asked for was someone with real world experience.

Sorry, you're exactly right. I overlooked your original statement "Has anyone here had one".

I should probably read any post twice before I comment on it. Lesson learned.

Sorry, you're exactly right. I overlooked your original statement "Has anyone here had one".

I should probably read any post twice before I comment on it. Lesson learned.
It's all good, my main question and the reason I asked here would be can I still shoot rifle, shotguns and big bore handguns without jarring something loose. If it matters I'm left handed and they want to put it under my left collar bone. That sounds to me to be right under the buttstock and maybe not a good idea.

That's a very valid concern. They probably want it there because the heart is on the left side and it is the most convenient and simplest place to put it. I would recommend speaking directly with your doctors and ask them specifically about it. Come prepared with information about how much force is applied and such things. I've found, with my doctors, that they are very forthcoming about information and don't seem to be judgemental. But then, maybe I've been lucky in my selections.

elsie

That's a very valid concern. They probably want it there because the heart is on the left side and it is the most convenient and simplest place to put it. I would recommend speaking directly with your doctors and ask them specifically about it. Come prepared with information about how much force is applied and such things. I've found, with my doctors, that they are very forthcoming about information and don't seem to be judgemental. But then, maybe I've been lucky in my selections.

elsie
I'll bring it up with the Dr's for sure. I just had a second echo-cardiogram and this was what the cardiologist recommended after seeing the results.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top