JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's a great job it might be worth it to give up some privacy. In my hypothetical scenario the job is not great and could even be considered a net loss job as @jayR put it.

I think @TTSX probably has it right. I may be looking for another reason to get out. 70hr work weeks have been wearing on me. My tolerance for taking crap is severely waning.
Now that I can understand. :s0140:
Wife pulled the rip cord on her retirement and is still working her full time + job. I have a year and I will do the same. Assuming I am still physically able to do the job I am doing I will also be working full time + and pulling the retirement pay. Both of us will be far more limited in just how much crap we would be willing to take at work through. A lot of course will depend on whether we end up having some kind of nasty crash here too.

Again your choice but "crap job" would be what exactly? There are a LOT of really well paying jobs that start out with both a drug test and complete physical. So at what point is the job no longer "crap" and suddenly worth doing the testing? It does sound like you are just looking for a reason to quit the job. It is your life, don't want to work there any more? Just tell them "no longer interested". Unless you don't want to worth there and need some "reason" to give the Wife other than you don't want to do it anymore?
A non-crap job would have to pay more than minimum wage for starters. Have meal periods and breaks where you can leave the job. Some type of benefits, etc.

A non-crap job would have to pay more than minimum wage for starters. Have meal periods and breaks where you can leave the job. Some type of benefits, etc.
Surprised anyone up your way can still pay min and find help. Here the min is like $17 an hour or so and I don't think anyone is actually paying that as they can't find people to take the damn job at that rate. We in many ways really need another good crash. 🤬

Surprised anyone up your way can still pay min and find help. Here the min is like $17 an hour or so and I don't think anyone is actually paying that as they can't find people to take the damn job at that rate. We in many ways really need another good crash. 🤬
I started helping out for free so min wage was a big pay bump. It wasn't my intention for it to be a regular gig but they can't find others who will stay. It's a surprisingly challenging job both mentally and physically.

My wife would be happy as a clam if I lose or give up the gig. She will be extra excited if it results in me bringing less firearms home.

I can easily give up on lots of things like spending freezes, diets, projects, etc. When it comes to employment and marriage I don't like to give up on them.

I started helping out for free so min wage was a big pay bump. It wasn't my intention for it to be a regular gig but they can't find others who will stay. It's a surprisingly challenging job both mentally and physically.

My wife would be happy as a clam if I lose or give up the gig. She will be extra excited if it results in me bringing less firearms home.

I can easily give up on lots of things like spending freezes, diets, projects, etc. When it comes to employment and marriage I don't like to give up on them.
Sounds like they need to just have no help then. If they really can't afford to pay help they don't need help. This is not some non profit so if they fail they fail. Not sure what the market is like down there but up here? Last two guns we bought meant 4 trips to 2 different shops. Seemed no matter what time of the day we went the places were crowded with buyers. So I doubt any of those places are treating the help badly as they sure as hell need them.
In any case gave you some good experience in how its done. Maybe some time get your own FFL and make a Mom & Pop out of it?? We shopped for a couple decades at one here that we both liked. I was often willing to pay slightly more for some gun from them just to give them the business. The "pop" half of the team had to retire for health reasons so they are sadly done now.

Today is the day when I find out whether I'll be going back to 2nd job, taking another week off or....

As for my health condition, I am capable of showing up and performing my normal duties. If more info than that is required, I will take the coming week off. At some point that should be sufficient info or I will be replaced.

Last Edited:
Dude may be time to start looking for other gigs then. Not sure what its like there but up here? Places are begging for workers. No better time to look than while already employed. Now working there could have other benefits. As I mentioned maybe some time you may want to try your hand at having your own place. In either case if they won't pay? Start seeing if someone else well.

Dude may be time to start looking for other gigs then. Not sure what its like there but up here? Places are begging for workers. No better time to look than while already employed. Now working there could have other benefits. As I mentioned maybe some time you may want to try your hand at having your own place. In either case if they won't pay? Start seeing if someone else well.
I was never really in it for the money. I wanted to help get as many guns in the hands of as many people as possible. I get to meet up with lots of NWFA members there. I am planning on cutting back hours soon though. The wife is not happy.

That would be a weird request from an employer. Since there is only a small window when you are sick with covid to test where it has any clinical significance I dont see the point. Now if you are sick and an employer asked for you to get cleared to work by a physician that would make sense. but a random covid test before starting a job? that does not make much sense.

When employers make weird requests of my patients I will usually just right a very vague letter saying the person is medically cleared to work. No employer has ever tried to overrule my medical decision and won.

That would be a weird request from an employer. Since there is only a small window when you are sick with covid to test where it has any clinical significance I dont see the point. Now if you are sick and an employer asked for you to get cleared to work by a physician that would make sense. but a random covid test before starting a job? that does not make much sense.

When employers make weird requests of my patients I will usually just right a very vague letter saying the person is medically cleared to work. No employer has ever tried to overrule my medical decision and won.
The great Covid hoax only worked so well due to fear. Instill fear in a lot of people and all rational thought and common sense goes out the window. They did such a great job creating fear with this that there is still a LOT of people living every day in fear of it. :s0092:
I still regularly see people driving in a car, by themselves, mask on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top