JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Imagine you had a part time 2nd job that motivated you to spend more money than you made at the job. Now imagine that the employer required you to provide negative results on a virus test before you were allowed to continue working there. Would you take a test and give up that information or refuse and risk not being able to return to the job?

Imagine you had a part time 2nd job that motivated you to spend more money than you made at the job. Now imagine that the employer required you to provide negative results on a virus test before you were allowed to continue working there. Would you take a test and give up that information or refuse and risk not being able to return to the job?
I have to "guess" you are being asked to take a Covid test? Had no idea anyone was still doing that. Guess if I wanted the job I would have no problem getting another swab. Only ever did one during the great panic over that crap. Its not like they want access to your medical records.

What exactly are we talking about here man? It's the Christmas rush and ain't nobody got time to play guessing games. I still have to start...err...I mean finish...my Christmas shopping.

So you're trying to get a job at a gun store? Or maybe as a Snap On tool salesman? What type of job are we talking about?

And what is the test they want you to take? They want you to take a covid test to see if you're toxic? Or do they want to make sure you don't have Ebola or something? If it's a Covid test, that just seems stupid. What the hell is that really going to tell them? You could have been exposed yesterday, test clean today, go to work tomorrow and in a couple days get the whole company sick.

And it isn't about giving up the info if it's a Covid test. It's a big red flag if anyone is making you jump through hoops at this point for the WuFlu. Like how insane are these people if they're still doing this crap? And what happens if there is a spike from a new strain in the future? Will they demand that you mask up again? Or get the shot? Or any of that nonsense?

What exactly are we talking about here man? It's the Christmas rush and ain't nobody got time to play guessing games. I still have to start...err...I mean finish...my Christmas shopping.

So you're trying to get a job at a gun store? Or maybe as a Snap On tool salesman? What type of job are we talking about?

And what is the test they want you to take? They want you to take a covid test to see if you're toxic? Or do they want to make sure you don't have Ebola or something? If it's a Covid test, that just seems stupid. What the hell is that really going to tell them? You could have been exposed yesterday, test clean today, go to work tomorrow and in a couple days get the whole company sick.

And it isn't about giving up the info if it's a Covid test. It's a big red flag if anyone is making you jump through hoops at this point for the WuFlu. Like how insane are these people if they're still doing this crap? And what happens if there is a spike from a new strain in the future? Will they demand that you mask up again? Or get the shot? Or any of that nonsense?
I will put you down as not willing to take the test. I agree with all your points including the worthlessness of the test. Now go finish up your Christmas Shopping, you only have a couple of days left.

I thought you guys might change my mind but no such luck. If I am put in the position to make a choice, medical privacy (no testing) will take priority over 2nd job.

I don't see what the big deal is. They're not asking for your records, they're not requiring the jab... And the tests are free to you so just stick the cotton swab up your nose and go on about your day. If it advances further to masks and a jab, that'd when I'd walk away.

My guess is either your employer or you are already done with this job anyway and are looking for an excuse to cut ties

I don't see what the big deal is. They're not asking for your records, they're not requiring the jab... And the tests are free to you so just stick the cotton swab up your nose and go on about your day. If it advances further to masks and a jab, that'd when I'd walk away.

My guess is either your employer or you are already done with this job anyway and are looking for an excuse to cut ties
"My guess is either your employer or you are already done with this job anyway and are looking for an excuse to cut ties"

You must have put your Intuitive Hat on this morning.

Yep. A swab up the nose for Covid is NOT anything close to some employer wanting access to my medical info. Not sure where that keeps coming from. Also have to wonder if the people saying this have health insurance from their employer? Many of us have and no one seems worried about that? Since I work in health care ALL my info is there for most of the Company to see if they wish. Now they can and will fire people who get caught looking into records they have no legit business to see but I have VERY little faith this is really keeping anything in there secret.
Now those who refuse to take the experimental vaccine? That is in an entirely different game and I would support anyone who refused.

I think medical privacy extends beyond your medical records. If a company is going to demand you take a medical test and provide them with the results of that test, that would qualify as an intrusion into medical privacy.

Give them this for a negative test result, then tell them where they can stick this.

1703262867019.png

I think medical privacy extends beyond your medical records. If a company is going to demand you take a medical test and provide them with the results of that test, that would qualify as an intrusion into medical privacy.
Or you're making a big pile of drama over a stupid nasal swab which tells them nothing other than if you are currently infected.

Then you are going to find yourself EXTREMELY limited in where you can work. Your choice of course and only you can make it. I have been taking drug tests for many decades now. The ONLY problem I have ever had with that test is its not done on the people who want to have their hand out for money I pay in taxes. There are many jobs that also include a complete physical exam to be hired at. This again never bothered me. So far you do have the freedom to limit yourself though. I hope I never see the time here where that changes. We really bumped up against that line during the great hoax and it went over so easy that many are wetting their pants to do it again. :(

I remember back around 1990 I was a relatively new employee (started in mid 1988), at a company. The company started a new drug testing policy and wanted all employees to test. A significant number of veteran employees said f that we'll quit if that policy stays in place. They quickly revised the policy to only test if the worker was in a workplace accident. I provided a sample because I was young and dumb. Now that I am old and dumb I wouldn't do so today, for a crap job.

Then you are going to find yourself EXTREMELY limited in where you can work. Your choice of course and only you can make it. I have been taking drug tests for many decades now. The ONLY problem I have ever had with that test is its not done on the people who want to have their hand out for money I pay in taxes. There are many jobs that also include a complete physical exam to be hired at. This again never bothered me. So far you do have the freedom to limit yourself though. I hope I never see the time here where that changes. We really bumped up against that line during the great hoax and it went over so easy that many are wetting their pants to do it again. :(
If it's a great job it might be worth it to give up some privacy. In my hypothetical scenario the job is not great and could even be considered a net loss job as @jayR put it.

I think @TTSX probably has it right. I may be looking for another reason to get out. 70hr work weeks have been wearing on me. My tolerance for taking crap is severely waning.

I remember back around 1990 I was a relatively new employee (started in mid 1988), at a company. The company started a new drug testing policy and wanted all employees to test. A significant number of veteran employees said f that we'll quit if that policy stays in place. They quickly revised the policy to only test if the worker was in a workplace accident. I provided a sample because I was young and dumb. Now that I am old and dumb I wouldn't do so today, for a crap job.
Again your choice but "crap job" would be what exactly? There are a LOT of really well paying jobs that start out with both a drug test and complete physical. So at what point is the job no longer "crap" and suddenly worth doing the testing? It does sound like you are just looking for a reason to quit the job. It is your life, don't want to work there any more? Just tell them "no longer interested". Unless you don't want to worth there and need some "reason" to give the Wife other than you don't want to do it anymore?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top