JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been a permanent resident for almost 10 years now and finally I am applying for US Citizenship. If you have recently received your US Citizenship, please send me a message and I need to ask you about one of the questions in the application. I do not want to make this a public forum because most people here are US Citizens and would not care about the topic.

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle

I do not want to make this a public forum because most people here are US Citizens and would not care about the topic.
You're doing it the legal way. You might be surprised how many care! :s0155:

Good luck on your journey and hope you are able to resolve your question.

One of the questions on the citizenship application is (N-400 form) is "Did you ever sell, give, or provide weapons to any person, or help another person sell, give or provide weapons to any person?" Since I legally sold few rifles to private individuals, my answer would be YES. However, all the firearms I sold, I sold them legally through FFL dealers (gun stores) that did the transactions and all I know what firearms I sold, at what gun store the transaction was done, serial numbers of the firearms I legally sold and sale date (most of I know the exact date, but for a couple I know what months I sold them, but I can't find the exact date). I have never received any receipts from any gun stores that performed the background checks on buyers since all background checks were paid buy the buyers and perfumed by the gun stores. I am wondering what information the immigration services would ask? I am concerned to get an interviewer who is anti-gun and gives me a hard time asking for the receipts of these sales. Here in WA gun stores never gave me receipts since I have never paid for the buyers' background checks. I did everything as required by the WA gun laws. I am sure some of you who recently applied for US citizenship had the same potential issue. I have WA CPL and all the rifles that I have ever legally purchased and sold have been bolt action or lever action rifles (I have never purchased or sold any semi-auto rifle). The WA gun laws only require that private sales are conducted at a legal FFL, but I have never read any statement in that law that the seller must have the record of the transaction. Only FFLs are required to keep the records.

I can't help you with your questions, but I hope everything goes good for you.
Best of luck and welcome to the greatest country.

I can't help you with your questions, but I hope everything goes good for you.
Best of luck and welcome to the greatest country.
Thank you very much for your kind wishes!! I am pretty much an American, I just still do not have a citizenship. I have been here in the US for over 25 years, went through college, grad school and have been working as a scientist for about 14 years. Since finishing school I have had zero days of being without a job and paid in federal taxes ~$16,000 this year (for 2023).
Another tricky question in the application is to list all serious traffic violations (speeding tickets, DUIs, etc). I had one speeding ticket about 15 years ago on a highway somewhere between Indiana and Ohia (at the time I was at grad school at Purdue University). I paid the ticket as I always pay my bills on time, but no way I can find any records on that ticket. All I remember I got a speeding ticket and I paid it. I am supposed to enter the exact date and description of the violation and proof of ticket payment. Who would have a record of a speeding ticket issued 15 years ago? I did my best and contacted police departments in the area where the ticket was issued, but they all told me that they do not keep records for that long for speeding tickets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top