JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If a person just happened to live in Vancouver and had a couple of cats damaged by raccoons and then possibly trapped a live raccoon....anybody know how a person might relocate or otherwise dispose of said raccoon, Hypothetically speaking??
Just curious...
The city says we have an excess raccoon population at this time and call the state. The state says call a raccoon wrangler ($25).
Any other options...?

.22 short in the forehead they certainly aren't endangered I've had as many as 6 of them dancing on my roof at one time. Those all got Red Rydered right in the ***. That got them off the carport roof ASAP.

Why I only have indoor cats, lower vet bills, happier longer lives. All of mine have lived into their late teens and one even made it to 21. All rescue animals. Racoons are nasty omnivores, and carrion eaters, the only thing worse is a possum. They only come around for the food in the trash or the garden, remove the atraction and they will get the message.

CORN-FRIED RACCOON
1 young raccoon, cut in sm. pieces
Milk
Flour
Salt
Pepper
1/2 c. corn flakes
2 tbsp. bacon drippings
Soak raccoon in milk to cover for 1 hour. Remove. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with corn flakes. Fry in hot bacon drippings. For gravy, remove raccoon from pan, drain off most of the fat, stir in flour, brown. Add cold milk, cooking and stirring until heated and thickened. Serves 6.

Oregon law requires that animals trapped on your property have to be destroyed and buried on your property. You have to have a valid trappers license from the state to trap and remove animals from one place to another and they must be euthanized, not relocated. No joke, just went through it last year. Trapper took four animals off my 1/3 acre property, twelve from the neighborhood.

Shoot it. Although .22's seem to take longer than .410 for the actual death dance to finish.

I wouldn't put it in your vehicle alive - they stink and are ornery.

Keep in mind it can be a bit messy to clean up if you live in a small lot. Us acreage guys just dig a hole or leave em out for the 'yotes.

I have enough trouble with the coyotes without feeding them too.If you cant drown it or shoot it then you have to pay the racoon guy to do it for you.But dont relocate it,thats just you causing someone else trouble on purpose...Robin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top