JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just looked it up; coon pelts sold for $18 at the western fur auction. Some of us urban trappers could get together with
someone with the room for processing....hmm

A raccoon is about the greasiest nastiest animal I've ever skinned. Right up there with 'yotes. More of a shoot and leave proposition for me. $18 isn't worth having that stink burned into your nostrils.

Wow, lots of good info here. Looks like the $25 to the Raccoon Wrangler is the best way to go...
I don't know about that, ammo's cheaper than that. Out here where I'm at in the cascade foothills, it's not rural enough that I'm in their turf and should leave them be, but it's plenty rural enough for them to commonly hassle the livestock. Any Coyotes, Raccoons, or Possums seen within reasonable distance of the chicken shed or riling up the dogs get popped.

I brung your kitty back.

MVC-RACOON.jpg

That is one of gods many creatures, it needs to be treated with respect . No joke

I'm guessing this means give it a quick death,so a high velocity pellet gun will dead the MoFo quickly.Then there isn't any firearms laws to worry about.

Heck with the relocate business.The breed very well up in the NW,they are far from endangered and are just HUGE rats that are more dexterous and less afraid of us.

And cats are out door animals.A short but full out door life hunting is better for any animal that being cooped up for your entertainment.

and are just HUGE rats that are more dexterous and less afraid of us.
Actually they are akin to the bear but the rest applies. The one I previously posted about a while back was huge! I almost thought it WAS a bear cub on my deck. I estimate it at probably 40 + lbs.

I dont have a problem with eliminating vermin animals, but I strongly feel that it needs to be done in the most humane manner possible. If I lived within city limits I would rather violate the law by shooting it in the head with a .22 than to drown it while caged or burn and suffocate it with car exhaust as has been decribed. Dig the hole ahead of time, take the cage inside the garage or other structure, and pop it in the head with a .22. The odds of the neighbors even calling the police are low and you will have it buried before they even show up.

Your "high velocity pellet gun is not adequate for a 40 lb raccoon. Iffy for your damned kitty. What a crock of hippy that is; the loss of songbirds due to hunting cats is appalling.
I'm guessing this means give it a quick death,so a high velocity pellet gun will dead the MoFo quickly.Then there isn't any firearms laws to worry about.

Heck with the relocate business.The breed very well up in the NW,they are far from endangered and are just HUGE rats that are more dexterous and less afraid of us.

And cats are out door animals.A short but full out door life hunting is better for any animal that being cooped up for your entertainment.

Actually they are akin to the bear but the rest applies. The one I previously posted about a while back was huge! I almost thought it WAS a bear cub on my deck. I estimate it at probably 40 + lbs.

I realized via my old house's cat door that these little terrorists look big but really aren't. What I thought looked like about a 30-pounder was coming in through the cat-door, so it was probably more like 15 pounds. They're mostly fur, which makes them impervious to the trusty Daisy Red Ryder, unless you plunk them on the forehead.

Further, they're pretty wiley. Three of them would come into my house and eat all the cat food in one sitting. One night I watched the bastidges manipulate what I thought was a cat-collar specific door. But, somehow one of them figured out how to push the little magnet-activate latch and pull, not push, the door open. It would then hoe-dee-do for its two companions to scoot through, then it would follow.

The simplest and easiest solution (and by far the smartest)? I got rid of the cat.

Your "high velocity pellet gun is not adequate for a 40 lb raccoon. Iffy for your damned kitty. What a crock of hippy that is; the loss of songbirds due to hunting cats is appalling.

there is a guy that killed a bear with a pellett gun. Floyd P brought him up on charges. this was a couple of months ago in Florance.

I saw a video on youtube just yesterday where a guy dropped a hog with a 177 pellet right behind the ear. Even if it doesn't kill it outright, you probably wouldn't see the same raccoon in your yard again.

Seems like we have a lot of anti cat *** holes here! Funny thing about cats being "outside animals", I can't bribe mine to get anywhere near the door. She would rather lay out in all her glory and sleep all day in the warmth of her (my) bed. People are outside animals, wtf are you doing inside? You ought to be out living in the woods. Of all the "domesticated" animals there are cats are the only ones that have actually chosen to live with humans. This goes back to Mesopotamia, and the Fertile Triangle region where man first started farming thousands of years ago. Farming grains attracted rodents, which in turn attracted feral cats. The cats eventualy started to put up with humans and their foolishness, and humans in every culture in the mediteranian and the near east elevated them to godlike status. Without them they would have starved. Domestic cats are not native to north america, without our help they get sick, starve and eventually die an early death. I hope some one treats you like you treat your cats.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top