JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never saw a angry raccoon until I caught one in my live trap, I will not get MY HANDS anywhere near the trap!
Use 22 cal short or long rifle CB ammo. makes a loud snap sound out of a 22 cal rifle.
If you put the barrel throught the holes in the trap the raccoon will attack the barrel.
I have taken a rifle out and practiced at seven yards with 22 CB ammo, for when a skunk gets in my live trap, I will not get any closer than 7 yards with a skunk in the trap!
22 cal short or long rifle CB ammo - the bullet is powered by the priming compound, not gun powder.

Good Luck with your raccoon problem.
:s0131:

there is such ammo but; I just extracted the bullet from a CB round and it had a few grains of powder in it. Less noise than an air rifle.
I never saw a angry raccoon until I caught one in my live trap, I will not get MY HANDS anywhere near the trap!
Use 22 cal short or long rifle CB ammo. makes a loud snap sound out of a 22 cal rifle.
If you put the barrel throught the holes in the trap the raccoon will attack the barrel.
I have taken a rifle out and practiced at seven yards with 22 CB ammo, for when a skunk gets in my live trap, I will not get any closer than 7 yards with a skunk in the trap!
22 cal short or long rifle CB ammo - the bullet is powered by the priming compound, not gun powder.

Good Luck with your raccoon problem.
:s0131:

If you have it trapped you can make a 'coon gas chamber...wrap the outside of trap with a couple big lawn debris garbage bags. Duct tape one end around your exhaust pipe of your car/truck and poke a relief hole in the other side so it doesn't inflate like a balloon. Start engine. The carbon monoxide and CO2 coming from the tail pipe will displace the oxygen and the coon is off to permanent dirt nap city. Only takes a few seconds. Or that's what I've heard anyway...

If you have it trapped you can make a 'coon gas chamber...wrap the outside of trap with a couple big lawn debris garbage bags. Duct tape one end around your exhaust pipe of your car/truck and poke a relief hole in the other side so it doesn't inflate like a balloon. Start engine. The carbon monoxide and CO2 coming from the tail pipe will displace the oxygen and the coon is off to permanent dirt nap city. Only takes a few seconds. Or that's what I've heard anyway...

My Mother and Uncle did that to a stray cat. They were pretty young at the time and home alone. Said the cat really thrashed about and it took forever... but it worked. I should add that the cat was soaked with fresh blood and suffering from compound fractures when it wandered into their yard.

Other then it's 500 degrees out of the catalytic converter.

Here is my experience trying this method:

How not to get rid of problem coon. True story.
Set Have-a-Hart, check. Place bait inside, check. Place in optimum location near shop where coon is residing, check. Come back next day, trap is sprung with problem coon inside, check.
Grab shop .22, check. Look for ammo, all out, what to do.
Decide the most humane way of dispatching this pest is to stuff cage with coon into heavy duty black plastic bag and funnel exhaust from work van into bag. Sounds good so far doesn't it. Start up engine, walk away and let GM and Arco do it's job.
One problem not considered is that after running through the catalytic converter the exhaust is close to 450 degrees. Mr Coon is now screaming bloody murder about this and sounds like a woman being horse whipped. Neighbors are opening doors wondering what all the racket is about. Run out of shop and turn off engine, coon is now silent, look into bag and coon is dead.
Dump body into bag and place in back of van. Decide to dump bag at work, because the dumpster will be picked up next day.
Now here comes the fun part.
While driving to work on I-84, Mr Coon comes back alive. Proceeds to tear the bag to shreds, and comes looking for the clown who gave him the massive headache.
I veer over to the side of I-84 as fast as possible, jump out of van and open every door. Mr.Coon now decided to play hide and seek under my tool racks.
Grab broom handle and start jabbing Mr Coon out the back door. Finally he jumps out and proceeds to cross the freeway, but instead of running in a straight line, he can't seem to focus on any one direction and wants to head back to my van (any port in a storm I guess). Luckily for him, the traffic is pretty slow and all the cars manage to miss him.
I slam all my doors and proceed down the freeway. Traffic is very light now, due to some obstruction on I-84 West the radio announces.

Other then it's 500 degrees out of the catalytic converter.

Here is my experience trying this method:

How not to get rid of problem coon. True story.
Set Have-a-Hart, check. Place bait inside, check. Place in optimum location near shop where coon is residing, check. Come back next day, trap is sprung with problem coon inside, check.
Grab shop .22, check. Look for ammo, all out, what to do.
Decide the most humane way of dispatching this pest is to stuff cage with coon into heavy duty black plastic bag and funnel exhaust from work van into bag. Sounds good so far doesn't it. Start up engine, walk away and let GM and Arco do it's job.
One problem not considered is that after running through the catalytic converter the exhaust is close to 450 degrees. Mr Coon is now screaming bloody murder about this and sounds like a woman being horse whipped. Neighbors are opening doors wondering what all the racket is about. Run out of shop and turn off engine, coon is now silent, look into bag and coon is dead.
Dump body into bag and place in back of van. Decide to dump bag at work, because the dumpster will be picked up next day.
Now here comes the fun part.
While driving to work on I-84, Mr Coon comes back alive. Proceeds to tear the bag to shreds, and comes looking for the clown who gave him the massive headache.
I veer over to the side of I-84 as fast as possible, jump out of van and open every door. Mr.Coon now decided to play hide and seek under my tool racks.
Grab broom handle and start jabbing Mr Coon out the back door. Finally he jumps out and proceeds to cross the freeway, but instead of running in a straight line, he can't seem to focus on any one direction and wants to head back to my van (any port in a storm I guess). Luckily for him, the traffic is pretty slow and all the cars manage to miss him.
I slam all my doors and proceed down the freeway. Traffic is very light now, due to some obstruction on I-84 West the radio announces.

:s0140: Man I needed that - Haven't heard anything that crazy in a while. I guess he got a last minute reprieve from the governor as the gas chamber failed to complete the task...

actually the exhaust gas trick is pretty good for gophers and moles, shove the hose down their burrow, and voila preburied pests!!! actually saw a hose adapter for this years ago at an old time hardware store, they probably stopped selling them because of depressed humans though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top