JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the one I have is great for the money! I have a double stack 9mm/22tcm. The trigger doesn't live up to my worked over Colt and neither does the slide smoothness BUT my RIA double stack hasn't been worked over by a smith. I think they offer a lot of value for the money.

I think the one I have is great for the money! I have a double stack 9mm/22tcm. The trigger doesn't live up to my worked over Colt and neither does the slide smoothness BUT my RIA double stack hasn't been worked over by a smith. I think they offer a lot of value for the money.
I've been looking for the combo that you have. I've heard the 22TCM is a sweet round with a bit of a flash.

I've got a 1911-A1 cs that lives in the lock box in my truck. It's got well over a thousand rounds through it without a hiccup. Bought a 22tcm/9mm just out of curiosity. It's also been dead nuts reliable. Now I can't pry it away from my wife because she likes it so much that she uses it as her EDC around the ranch. Sample size of 2, so take it for what it's worth. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I've been looking for the combo that you have. I've heard the 22TCM is a sweet round with a bit of a flash.
"Bit of a flash" is an understatement. It's ridiculously loud with an equally ridiculous geyser of fire to go along with it. I love shooting it. The 22tcm is a nice flat shooter and is certainly no slouch.

I have 2, one in 38 Super and one Ultra Rock in 45 ACP that I use as my Bowling Pin Gun. Both are very good shooters and generally one or the other goes to the range with me every time I go.

I've looked at them and concluded that since I'm picky I would go with the upper end models in double stack 9mm. Already have enough plain Jane guns.

I liked mine. Only sold it because I already had a 45 which I didn't shoot much either. 45 ammo was very expensive at the time.
I would have no problem with a RIA if I wanted another 1911.

I picked up a RIA 9mm 4" w/factory Ramped Bull Barrel, fiber front/adj. rear sight with full size grip/mags from a member. Did a few minor things with spare parts I had on hand, Magwell, etc. It's a shooter. I swapped out 10 rd. Wilson Mags for the factory 9 rd. ones but those work fine.

I am a snob, so I will likely never own a RIA 1911.

But... I have shot a couple. I gotta say, they were quite flawless and shot very well.😲

I bought my first RIA 1911 in the 1980s or 90s, when SARCO had big multi-page ads in every issue of Shotgun News featuring them. I think they were $239 brand new, could have been less. Well, my uncle, a WWII South Pacific vet, just HAD to have one so we ordered a couple. In those days (maybe still?) they came with the horrid looking, CHEAP looking, weird looking faux wood grip panels. Lots of cast parts, some of them - namely the hammer on mine - rather poorly cast. But hey, it's a $239 pistol, what do you expect? It's like buying the cheapest bottle of boubon in the liquor store and expecting it to taste like Wild Turkey. Anyway, my uncle absolutely loved his, and I have to confess that both his and mine never broke a part or had a malfunction or failure of any kind as far as I know. Definitely a testament to the basic design. Not too much after that is when the flood of Argentine Sistema 1911s started to show up. Same basic price $299-$350, for a vastly better pistol (no cast parts - all forged and machined in a government arsenal) so my attention, and dollars, went that direction and I sold or traded my RIA. Haven't shot, or even handled one since but I'd have to guess that they've done what it takes to remain competitive with the Turkish Tisas and Gersan 1911s.

Making me want to look into them again……I had my eye on a 9mm Tac Ultra but my wallet had other ideas. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top