JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most men fear (a little ) the doctor putting on the rubber glove. It's not the glove that bothers me.

Don't be distracted by all this bs. It's not a real story, or at least a worthy story. People who hate something leave what they hate. Husbands leave wives. Employees leave jobs, ect, ect.

The big story, whatever it is, was on page seven. Hillary kissed a woman or Trump has a black baby or a Kardashian. Same thing. But anytime a nobody does nothing special and gets noticed ... check your 6.

I get it. The half that is white willingly accepts the multi million dollar contract and endorsements while the half that is black rants about racial inequality and minutes later the combined man fails to advance his offense six inches. Sounds kind of like Obama.

:s0101:
LOL!!! Love that part about, "fails to advance his offense six inches."

Truth in posting, I disliked this guy from the first time I saw him! Oh well! :D

Seems like this Colin has hooked up with an Egyptian DJ/Activist and BLM sympathizer... And converted to Islam...

Wonder how that works with those Biblical scripture tats he's got?!?!?!

Hope Colin finishes the flushing of his career and then gets dumped by his latest and most influential love interest...

Would serve the little turd right... Perhaps he should put as much effort into his game as he now does hating the American flag and national anthem...

Or perhaps he should volunteer for a deployment to the Middle East....

Mr. Scott was known to be an avowed racist and when you read the third stanza, it was supposedly written to celebrate the slaughter of runaway black slaves that were in the employ by the British in the battle for Baltimore.
I'm not taking any sides, just that I was surprised when I learned some of the historical significance attached to the anthem and Mr. Scott's views regarding slaves.

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

To be honest, I don't like professional sports, if you do, that's fine, I would rather be working out in the shop.

At the same time, I also dislike conspicuous jingoism. The "National Anthem" granted was a poem written during and revised after the war of 1812, certainly an important event in our nation's history. However much like the pledge of allegiance none of it was baked into the cake in a way the founders intended, and instead was an outgrowth of the strange nationalistic fervor in the 1910-1950 period. Which by the way, was probably the most disgusting period in our nation's history in terms of growth of government both in size, power and scope starting with Woodrow Wilson, and ending with FDR, until it kicked off again in the late 60's.

Personally, I doubt a football quarterback is going to wax philosophical in this way, but the kind of nationalism that made the national anthem official is decidedly european, not american.

You are entitled to your opinion but you do realize we WON Two World Wars during this period? Had we not we'd be starting the day with Gott Mit Uns or wishing our rice ration was bigger than a cup a day while we completed the Point Barrow to Tierra Del Fuego high speed railway for the Emperor. Perhaps the Battle Hymn of the Republic would be more appropriate? Let me sing you the songs of my people......
It's an American thing....if we have to explain it....
Brutus out

You are entitled to your opinion but you do realize we WON Two World Wars during this period? Had we not we'd be starting the day with Gott Mit Uns or wishing our rice ration was bigger than a cup a day while we completed the Point Barrow to Tierra Del Fuego high speed railway for the Emperor. Perhaps the Battle Hymn of the Republic would be more appropriate? Let me sing you the songs of my people......
It's an American thing....if we have to explain it....
Brutus out

Two world wars we were dragged into kicking and screaming, and in pretty much both cases it was as a result of political leadership pushing us to get into the war. With WW1 it was Wilson with the Zimmerman telegram, and the sinking of the Lucitania, had mexico initiated hostilities as a result of the ZT, I might feel differently, at the same time, we would probably have about a dozen more states. For WW2, FDR pretty much dared the Japanese to attack, I'm not saying we wouldn't have to fight them at some point, in fact this was probably one war we had no option to sit out.

Anthems, flags, pledges, are not what the United States is about, it's about the idea that a free people can govern themselves instead of looking up to a group of autocrats or hereditary kings. If you need a flag and a pledge or an anthem to get you over the hill I don't know what to tell you.

The flag, the anthem and the pledge are all great. I'm not about to demand burning someone at the stake because they didn't offer it the appropriate level of respect. Even then, it's decidedly counter to the values that define this country to do so. That's that funny thing about the first amendment.

As for Kampernek (sp? don't care) this is probably one of those things where he's looking at getting cut, and he wants to say it's about X when it's really about Y. I'm unwilling to add to the backlash, call for his head, because frankly, if not for this thread, I wouldn't know his name, and I will probably forget it again within a few hours. I don't know why there's a market to pay people millions of dollars to chase around things made of rubber and leather, and people want to put that on TV, when instead you could be out playing in the yard with dogs (who also chase rubber and leather for the price of food, vet bills, and poop cleanup).

Generally, this thread calls to attention how screwed up our priorities are.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews