JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always nice to see a brother hold his fist in the air.
As a Mormon I'd like to make a point. Why did the mormons leave Missouri and head to Utah? Governor Boggs of Missouri put out a extermination order "law", on all mormons.
Do you see us throwing a fit in tv over that?
Nope, we just move on.
Take note Black man...

You already used up all your bomma targets?:p
I've used up the targets, need to finish up the TP though.

obama-toilet-paper.jpg

I wonder why the media hasn't told us about all the other "positive" things our hero has done for his poor maligned race. Or does he just not want to take credit for the thousands of community service hours and millions of dollar hes spent trying to give his brothers a hand up out of the white mans hell theyve been forced to endure.......................?

You can safely bet that if this was a conservative "demonstration" the unbiased media would be pulling out the stops trying to find a reason to discredit and prove why this demonstration was just another bubblegumer stirring the already boiling pot.

Under the Constitution I respect anyone's right to free speech.
This year I am boycotting the NFL over this issue, including not going over to friends house party's with the TV on and no way will I be buying any gifts with any NFL logo/team.

Under the Constitution I respect anyone's right to free speech.
This year I am boycotting the NFL over this issue, including not going over to friends house party's with the TV on and no way will I be buying any gifts with any NFL logo/team.

I don't think the "issue" or Gangernick is worth that kind sacrifice.
More like "I will not take a poo for the next 10 minutes, in protest!!!"

I used to work out on Vashon Island during the run-up to the 2nd Bush's Iraq invasion. The local scumbag hippies were protesting the invasion by holding a hunger strike. They were doing it in 6 hour shifts then the next shift would relieve them sso they could go eat. Thats the sort of sacrifice you should show.

FWIW a friend took real umbrage to the protest and we built an air powered cannon. He snuck up on their tent and open fire late one night with frozen peas and frozen hot dogs. They came out thinking they were under fire and got pelted with their dinner. The next day he fired up a barbecue next to their camp. They called the cops and the sheriff deputy came over for a free hot dog.

It's disrespectful.
To whom? Veterans? I don't feel disrespected. To the fallen? I wouldn't presume to speak for all, but somehow I doubt that any of the fallen among the four generations of my family that have served would be so butt hurt over it.

Plain and simple, as for symbols....I am pretty sure there was a flag present when you swore a similar oath to the one I did several times.
Point?

I never said he didn't have a right, I said it was classless, bush league, etc. and most folks have show they agree.
People are entitled to their opinions. No argument there.

So, how does our nation get to the point where a privileged athlete thinks "justice has been served"? Well, now... ultimately, he will not be the final decision maker, will he. Irrelevant.

And why all of the sudden did he choose not to stand? He was probably standing all of last year, and the year before, and the year before, ever since he started playing football. You can't answer that because there is no answer.
I won't attempt due to irrelevance.

Human beings are human beings, good, bad and indifferent. I am curious as to why you took an oath if it wasn't for something bigger than yourself.
It was exactly that, combined with years of social conditioning, ignorance, and naivety that compelled me to carry out every "lawful" order, and it is my cross, and mine alone to bear. However, now that I am no longer contractually obligated, I feel much more empowered by that oath and will uphold it to the best of my ability and comprehension of it and the Constitution.

Many of us don't share your disillusionment.
Many of us don't read beyond the headlines, the lecture hall; don't ask the right questions... were never taught how to question and analyze, have not de-programmed ourselves. And why would they when they know the order of the deck and that it serves them.

By the way, chastise your self because, whether you like it or not it is your government, as well, unless your aren't a citizen in which case, you have not vote in this, merely an opinion.
I can't take seriously any chastising from anyone who has not written as many letters, and eventually evolved to emails, to my so called representatives; who has not attended school board and city council meetings, and who has not been in the streets peacefully protesting and dissenting as I have, nor from any able body who has not served.

You can spout all the liberal crap about consumerism, military industrial complex, etc.
Not yet evolved beyond bipartisan "we have BOTH kinds of music-country and western" labeling yet. If only it really were as simple. It must be bliss... as they say.

...which by the way you gladly volunteered for either out of patriotism or paycheck, neither of which matters to me because that was your choice and as long as you served honorably it shouldn't matter to anyone.
Exactly.

Kaepernick's move looks more like a PR stunt than any deep seated understanding of the issue or issues (I am still here, I am relevant).
I'm inclined to agree in some context.

I missed the story where he sat down with gang bangers in Chicago to figure out a way bring an end to that sort of violence. It is a funny thing about the 1st Amendment, it works equally for everyone but only those in line with liberal values, for example, the Confederate battle flag controversy, KKK marches, folks don't have a right for any of that, etc.

Oh... I've stood up for the rights of the inbred "Jed" racist pigs to speak their minds as well. I uphold my oath, and wouldn't dream of advocating for any ridiculous "hate law" that would violate anyone's right to speak their mind however ignorant they may be. I'd much rather they be allowed to come out in the open and spew their hate. Exposes the two faced, and takes the guess work out of who I need to watch my back around. Simple...er, "symbol minded" labels like liberal/conservative or lefty and right wing wouldn't click on to me so easily if you actually knew me.

Brutus Out

Last Edited:
Symbols are highly subjective. To some they represent ideals, to others, the very same symbol represents genocide and atrocity. There is a dangerous psychological element in symbols that can be used to lead weak minded masses, who as individuals may be good people, but who, within the mob mentality, will follow along unquestioningly in horrible deeds of a government and nation.

This is right on target. I don't fly the American flag for the same reason. That flag can mean Hillary Clinton as much as it means our purple mountain's majesty (there is a reason politicians like to wrap themselves in the flag). I don't want to give anyone the impression I support our government and all its crimes.

Alternative flags, such as the Gadsden flag, are worth a look because they don't have that problem, much. Haven't gotten around to buying one yet, though.

Speaking of Inequality . . . Inquiring minds want to know:
Why hasn't there been an outcry to have the NFL player population reflect the racial makeup of the national population?????

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads