JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, you don't really get it...THE FLAG IS the one symbol of what we are all about. 240 years of history, good, bad and indifferent, the Constitution, the Declaration, the BOR all rolled into one symbol.... but we are far freer than 99% of the rest of the world. No nation is perfect but name one with the same rights, privileges as us, maybe Switzerland?
As for WWI, I wouldn't exactly call unrestricted submarine warfare in WWI as dragging us in kicking and screaming and as for FDR, for all his faults, he didn't force JAPAN in to attacking us. They chose to attack us and the GB Commonwealth as part of their empirical attempt to establish the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere they wanted to install in Asia with them in charge. Hardly forcing them. Finally, I know of no one who demanded young Colin be burned at the stake. It's very disrespectful to most Americans.

Brutus Out
Symbols are highly subjective. To some they represent ideals, to others, the very same symbol represents genocide and atrocity. There is a dangerous psychological element in symbols that can be used to lead weak minded masses, who as individuals may be good people, but who, within the mob mentality, will follow along unquestioningly in horrible deeds of a government and nation.

History has taught this time and time again. Did not the mobs at the Roman Collosseum also stand to "Hail Caesar" just before the gladiators and Christian appetizers were to be slaughtered. Of course they did. And the mentality that I read in response to this topic says to me "why should we be different".

For a civilian to exercise ones right to NOT pay homage to a symbol does no more harm nor benefit than doing so. To me, people who place so much reverence in inanimate objects bring to mind the work of Pavlov and his dogs. They are conditioned... they are simple...oops, "symbol" minded.

And so what are we going to do now? Do we commission a "patriotism patrol" to go around and bludgeon all those who dissent by not sitting and rolling over at the cue of a song, or the hoisting of a cloth?

I understood the importance of such conditioning when was in the service. It was essential to our cohesiveness in order to accomplish our mission. Civilians have no such mission, and I feel that such conditioned obedience has no place within a free (civilian) society. And to those civilians who want to play soldier, or sailor, or airman by popping tall at the snap of a finger, the cue of an anthem, or the hoisting of a flag, I say to them sign up or shut up.

I say, as a veteran, to those civilians who, through ignorance, lack of education, and lack of diligence in vigilance, have allowed our (supposedly elected) officials to sell this country out to a bunch of corporate and industrialist psychopaths; who have allowed these suit wearing whores to exploit my brothers for their own personal gain overseas... to all those civilians... I say to sit your fat lazy ignorant duffs RIGHT DOWN because it is you ALL who DO NOT DESERVE TO STAND FOR THAT FLAG AND ANTHEM because you have allowed your government to sell it away to corporatism, consumerism, military industrialism and profiteering in exchange for a big screen TV that you all believe in and worship like a glowing god.

Sit down, USA. You don't deserve to stand for those symbols because you only think or pretend to UNDERSTAND and uphold the ideals which they are supposed to represent.

It is all of you, mainstream zombie patriot USA, that DOES NOT GET IT. If you truly understood the spirit of the US Constitution which so many of us swore to support and defend, then the actions of the individual in question in this post would not even be an issue.

Last Edited:
Symbols are highly subjective. To some they represent ideals to others, the very same symbol represents genocide and atrocity. There is a dangerous psychological element in symbols that can be used to lead weak minded masses, who as individuals may be good people, but who, within the mob mentality, will follow along unquestioningly in horrible deeds of a government and nation.

History has taught this time and time again. Did not the mobs at the Roman Collosseum also stand to "Hail Caesar" just before the gladiators and Christian appetizers were to be slaughtered. Of course they did. And the mentality that I read in response to this topic says to me "why should we be different".

For a civilian to exercise ones right to NOT pay homage to as symbol does no more harm nor benefit than doing so. To me, people who place so much reverence in inanimate objects bring to mind the work of Pavlov and his dogs. They are conditioned... they are simple...oops, "symbol" minded.

And so what are we going to do now? Do we commission a "patriotism patrol" to go around and bludgeon all those who dissent by not sitting and rolling over at the cue of a song, or the hoisting of a cloth?

I understood the importance of such conditioning when was in the service. It was essential to our cohesiveness in order to accomplish our mission. Civilians have no such mission, and I feel that such conditioned obedience has no place within a free (civilian) society. And to those civilians who want to play soldier, or sailor, or airman by popping tall at the snap of a finger, the cue of an anthem, or the hoisting of a flag, I say to them sign up or shut up.

I say, as a veteran, to those civilians who, through ignorance, lack of education, and lack of diligence in vigilance, have allowed our (supposedly elected) officials to sell this country out to a bunch of corporate and industrialist psychopaths; who have allowed these suit wearing whores to exploit my brothers for their own personal gain overseas... to all those civilians... I say to sit your fat lazy ignorant duffs RIGHT DOWN because it is you ALL who DO NOT DESERVE TO STAND FOR THAT FLAG AND ANTHEM because you have allowed your government to sell it away to corporatism, consumerism, military industrialism and profiteering in exchange for a big screen TV that you all believe in and worship like a glowing god.

Sit down, USA. You don't deserve to stand for those symbols because you only think or pretend to UNDERSTAND and uphold the ideals which they are supposed to represent.

It is all of you, mainstream zombie patriot USA, that DOES NOT GET IT. If you truly understood the spirit of the US Constitution which so many of us swore to support and defend, then the actions of the individual in question in this post would not even be an issue.

It's disrespectful. Plain and simple, as for symbols....I am pretty sure there was a flag present when you swore a similar oath to the one I did several times. I never said he didn't have a right, I said it was classless, bush league, etc. and most folks have show they agree.

So, how does our nation get to the point where a privileged athlete thinks "justice has been served"? And why all of the sudden did he choose not to stand? He was probably standing all of last year, and the year before, and the year before, ever since he started playing football. You can't answer that because there is no answer. Human beings are human beings, good, bad and indifferent. I am curious as to why you took an oath if it wasn't for something bigger than yourself. Many of us don't share your disillusionment. By the way, chastise your self because, whether you like it or not it is your government, as well, unless your aren't a citizen in which case, you have not vote in this, merely an opinion.

You can spout all the liberal crap about consumerism, military industrial complex, etc. which by the way you gladly volunteered for either out of patriotism or paycheck, neither of which matters to me because that was your choice and as long as you served honorably it shouldn't matter to anyone. Kaepernick's move looks more like a PR stunt than any deep seated understanding of the issue or issues (I am still here, I am relevant).

I missed the story where he sat down with gang bangers in Chicago to figure out a way bring an end to that sort of violence. It is a funny thing about the 1st Amendment, it works equally for everyone but only those in line with liberal values, for example, the Confederate battle flag controversy, KKK marches, folks don't have a right for any of that, etc.

Brutus Out

Ten years from now some football player will protest by STANDING UP during the National Anthem!! . . . AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!?!?!?

Sheldon

Well, ain't just the Forty Whiners......:eek:
Seahawks' Jeremy Lane joins Colin Kaepernick's protest, sits during national anthem
Seahawks' Jeremy Lane joins Colin Kaepernick's protest, sits during national anthem

I didn't even see it happen because wasn't watching the game. Heard about it though.

Why don't these stars move into the high violence areas? Give the kids a role model that they can see on a daily basis succeeding. Maybe they would start to idolize the successful males around them and not the drug dealers and criminals.

Check out the interview Kaeperwhatever did with Crowder! Very insightful. I understand now :D

HTML:
https://youtu.be/qcsTYzSABic?t=1h1m28s

^ copy/paste the URL into your browser. It's apparently not possible to use a start-at-time YT link on the forums without it just starting at the start of the whole vid.

NBA has a rule you must stand for the National anthem. May get interesting:confused:

H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS
(1) Each player when introduced, prior to the game,
must be uniformly dressed.
(2) Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and
line up in a dignified posture along
the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing
of the National Anthem.
(3) Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a sport
coat or suit coat.

Would pay some big bucks to bring a 1960's NFL Defense back to life, and put this stiff in as QB.

70's would be OK too....

upload_2016-9-22_18-12-19.png

And once again (remember the celebration of Bruce Jenner?) - a national publication is celebrating a worthless POS with front page attention. Thankfully only about 28 people actually read "Time" any more.

Damn, people like this make me sick :mad: and so do those that celebrate them :mad:

Colin-Kaepernick-TIME-cover.png

This kind of crap is one reason is why I don't follow sports. I can admire their athletic skill but how did society elevate these people to such hero status?

Their talent doesn't legitimize their opinions in any way over the average Joe Sixpacks that watch the games yet these pinheads get royal treatment coverage to spread their stupid ideas.

If Patriotic American fans of sport, music and film would stop buying/supporting these celebrity traitors for awhile, then maybe creeps like Kaeperdick would shut their pie hole and stand up for the Stars and Stripes!

We all know that Time is a Prog propaganda rag now but it still irks me to see that idiot on the cover.

And once again (remember the celebration of Bruce Jenner?) - a national publication is celebrating a worthless POS with front page attention. Thankfully only about 28 people actually read "Time" any more.

Damn, people like this make me sick :mad: and so do those that celebrate them :mad:

View attachment 313580
When I heard this, I went and bought a few copies. I will use them for long range targets, this weekend.

colin-kaepernick-time-cover-png.313580.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads