JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
8 year old was killed by two dogs a block from my house a few years back. Visiting a neighbor and decided to leave through the back door, Game over.

Every time this happens its the same line. Dogs never did this before, never showed aggression, don't why they did this..............
Bull 💩 . I suppose there have to have been some cases like this but I would bet money the owners of the dogs are lying. I have never understood why this is not treated the same as if the owner had left a gun laying there and the kid got shot. 🤬

Every time this happens its the same line. Dogs never did this before, never showed aggression, don't why they did this..............
Bull 💩 . I suppose there have to have been some cases like this but I would bet money the owners of the dogs are lying. I have never understood why this is not treated the same as if the owner had left a gun laying there and the kid got shot. 🤬
Exactly, I never hear of lab's killing small children.
How about you get one of those next time?

I must be out of the loop. When I read these things it usually ends up being pit bulls...not Great Dane/Mastiff mixes. Unless you're saying that's essentially the same thing as a Pit Bull.
which police described as large Great Dane-mastiff mixes

I must be out of the loop. When I read these things it usually ends up being pit bulls...not Great Dane/Mastiff mixes. Unless you're saying that's essentially the same thing as a Pit Bull.
Depends on the Mastiff breed. Apparently a Great Dane is considered a Mastiff breed, as are the three Bulldogs(American, aka pitbull, English/Old English and French), and then there's the Bullmastiff, Rottweiler, Cane Corso. and lastly Tibetan Mastiff which has an extremely aggressive reputation.

I am saying its almost not going to happen that a dog who kills like this was never showing any signs of problems. I could care less what they are saying the breed was. That is VERY often lied about for just this reason but, any dog can be a problem. If they are large enough they can kill but, those who own them know they have a bomb waiting to go off.
The "original" Staffordshire that the "pits" came from was for a long time a great family dog. They were great for people living out in the country who had livestock as they would not allow wild dogs to come feed on the livestock and were great with kids. Asshats who thought it was fun to breed for fighting really made a mess. Had a family member who had a pure bred St Bernard like this. At a couple years old he started to show "problems". They had some close calls and tried to take him to a rescue. Couple rescue's said to put the dog down. They did not want too and it finally attacked an adult so they hid the dog claiming it was gotten rid of. If it ends up killing some kid I hope they are charged with a crime as if they had left a gun out and the child was shot.

Depends on the Mastiff breed. Apparently a Great Dane is considered a Mastiff breed, as are the three Bulldogs(American, aka pitbull, English/Old English and French), and then there's the Bullmastiff, Rottweiler, Cane Corso. and lastly Tibetan Mastiff which has an extremely aggressive reputation.
Many have also never checked into how the breed came about. Some Great Dane are bred to hunt still today. Any large dog can be a danger but, its not some common thing that one is great one day and all of a sudden kills some kid. People know the dog is a problem and they either pretend its not happening or just don't care until its too late, like this. Every time one kills the owner's act like it was some tragic accident that was not their fault. 🤬

A couple things I wonder about:

(1) why did they keep 3 dogs locked in the garage? Is it because they knew they might act up?

(2) what role did having the three together play vs just one for example?

Im reminded of the often used saying from hunting dog training: "The person who owns one dog has a dog, the person who has 2 dogs has half a dog, the person who has three dogs has no dog".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top