JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hello :) I recently found out through the DMV that I have a suspended driving license right after purchasing a rifle. Apparently my license has been suspended for almost 8 months without me knowing. I bought the firearm a day before finding out my license was suspended and the background check has yet to go through..

Will I not be able to purchase firearms until my license is restored? I've tried researching this but found mixed results. Any insight is appreciated!

Last Edited:
It will not go through, a suspended drivers license is considered an invalid ID. Take care of your business and get your license back or if that is not an option get state ID and redo the purchase. Of course, that is depends on the seriousness of your suspension.

^^ Yep, what he said.

A suspended license does not count as a valid ID in Oregon, unfortunately. The background check will not go through until this is cleared up.

Get it taken care ASAP so you won't have issues when they finally do get around to checking your info.

-Robert

Hello :) I recently found out through the DMV that I have a suspended driving license right after purchasing a rifle. Apparently my license has been suspended for almost 8 months without me knowing. I bought the firearm a day before finding out my license was suspended and the background check has yet to go through..

Will I not be able to purchase firearms until my license is restored? I've tried researching this but found mixed results. Any insight is appreciated!
Well I also have a suspended license and I just passed 2 background checks within this last month

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads