JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TSA would not be an option for me.. And until you narrow down the town and property its just kinda hard to tell. Perhaps your condo will come with a garage you can put a safe in or you buy a little house and have a secured shed with safe... Probably lots of options for a wall safe.. False wall in a closet or ??? First find the place you can't live without then make it work for you.. Perhaps you can leave the lower there hidden and just usps the slide when you go... Not sure if you can store a slide in your luggage or not... Probably not carry on I would think :)

Let Florida man hold them for you.
Don't like TSA ?
Go Florida Man !

:)

We're likely going to be purchasing some type of Condo or Townhouse on the Atlantic side of Florida. Trying to figure out the best way to store firearms, since we will also be renting it out. Have done some google searches, but can't seem to find anything. It's looking like I might have to TSA a handgun each trip. Any ideas?
What is this: "TSA a handgun" ??

TSA it.
One of the tricky things about states that don't require bgc for sale is that they frequently don't require a bill of sale either. So, if someone were to find a small handgun safe with a handgun in it and claim it as their own, the burden of proof that they stole it would be on you.

Hide in plain sight. Safe inside an old electric box. Or, I see new panel boxes that are labeled "High Voltage - No Breakers Inside" with stickers over the seal that state Utility Company Access Only. Who is going to mess with that?

Not sure if all banks have similar terms, but here's the first one I read, which led me to create the topic

C55B1EFE-E5A3-4C72-BF11-E1531CAE6C45.png

This is why you don't take the gun directly... you use a book safe or similar. Have a cigar box with anti-tamper seals on it, maybe.

"Yup... great-grandpa's pre-embargo Cubans., unsmoked since the '50s..."

Leaving firearms unattended in another state hoping no one will mess with them, is Not. A. Good. Idea.
Whole-heartedly agree. Especially short tern residents. Each group can have a new set of snoopy people in it.

I know renting out a second property sounds good. You have the second place, and get income back out of it. Which was a good idea for a long time. Lately, not so good. Short term rentals have their own set of problems. Not so bad for big corporations that can absorb the occasional hazards from individual units in their empire. Not so bad for on-site owner-managers. I'd think most risky is single unit, off-site owner, under professional management.

The safe deposit box idea is a good one, regardless of the terms of the bank. They don't know what's in there. Years ago, I knew a guy who kept his entire collection of pistols in safe deposit boxes all over town. He didn't trust leaving them in an apartment, and he lived there all the time.

We're likely going to be purchasing some type of Condo or Townhouse on the Atlantic side of Florida. Trying to figure out the best way to store firearms, since we will also be renting it out. Have done some google searches, but can't seem to find anything. It's looking like I might have to TSA a handgun each trip. Any ideas?
Put a safe in a closet (largest one that fits). Anchor it in. Put an alarm on it. Have someone replace the door with a steel security door w/ a good lock on it. Put a motion camera and recorder to it.

And TSAing a pistol is not a difficult thing, except in a carry on

Put a safe in a closet (largest one that fits). Anchor it in. Put an alarm on it. Have someone replace the door with a steel security door w/ a good lock on it. Put a motion camera and recorder to it.

And TSAing a pistol is not a difficult thing, except in a carry on
We have a second place that the wife lets friends stay at on occasion. 1st) She's told folks to not use our master bedroom. 2nd) I put a deadbolt onto the masters closet door to supplement the existing lock (so it's now double locked), the shotgun went up onto the top rack in the closet, hidden. 3rd) It has a trigger lock on it, and is covered with towels and such to a depth of 8 inches. The nice thing about the lock on the closet door is that I can leave valuable tools and other personal items in there and not worry over "tenants/guests" bothering my stuff. Nice to have things on hand which would be difficult to haul them all back and forth every time.

Hide in plain sight. Safe inside an old electric box. Or, I see new panel boxes that are labeled "High Voltage - No Breakers Inside" with stickers over the seal that state Utility Company Access Only. Who is going to mess with that?
A tweaker looking for copper. Just a few months ago we replaced a good chunk of a ground grid in an SDGE 500kv substation. No joke and seen even more dangerous and stupid stuff.

Yeah, that wasn't even being considered. I think it's becoming more and more clear that I just need to TSA a handgun each way.
I have TSA'd my handgun several times, it's a piece of cake.

That seems as though it may have been premeditated prior to my thread! :s0114:
Way too much planning to be improvised..
You don't EVEN wanna know how @Knobgoblin came up with the "knob" in his screen name!

Don't ever even think about storing firearms in the same place other people may have access without you there. That's an absolutely crazy idea. Any safe can be broken into…guns that are well hidden can be found. You are risking everything putting guns in a residence that isn't your primary dwelling.

PS- I also own 2 homes, one here and one in a red state and have been accused of being rich. I'm 36 and always catch crap from my poorer friends

Get a small but high end handgun safe. Hoist it into the attic and bolt it to the joists in a far corner. Cover it with insulation.

Don't ever even think about storing firearms in the same place other people may have access without you there. That's an absolutely crazy idea. Any safe can be broken into…guns that are well hidden can be found. You are risking everything putting guns in a residence that isn't your primary dwelling.

PS- I also own 2 homes, one here and one in a red state and have been accused of being rich. I'm 36 and always catch crap from my poorer friends
Sounds like a PODS unit might be the answer, or a storage locker.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top