JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you're crazy to try and store something there. Way too much risk and liability. Especially if you're intending to Air BnB it. Traveling with a handgun is pretty easy. If you were to store something, I'd probably opt to store it at a gun range or gun shop that provides that service.

TSA it.
One of the tricky things about states that don't require bgc for sale is that they frequently don't require a bill of sale either. So, if someone were to find a small handgun safe with a handgun in it and claim it as their own, the burden of proof that they stole it would be on you.
ah the good ol days...
that wouldnt be hard, just report it stolen.

Safety.
Deposit.
Box.
1664601648256.png

TSA is just par for the course and really not that big of a deal, to me. Even though it may not be all that far, I less prefer the idea of being unarmed between the airport and point B vs. dealing with TSA. YMMV

Checking with local gun ranges isn't a bad idea. Some do offer firearm storage. Pawn and gun shops aren't such a great option as they once were. I routinely used to do that "please clean my gun... I'll be back next month" thing when going over borders, but most places won't do it any more without wanting to put it on their books. Probably even more so now since brandon decided pulling FFL licenses is his new favorite past-time.

Tried, true, secure, and cheap... safe deposit box it. Being aware that banks typically have rules against it, but the worst they can do is ask you to remove it. Don't ask, don't tell works and been doing it for years.

If I really wanted the best possible access (considering banks and gun ranges have business hours) and not wiling to TSA or DB one... I would look into installing a single handgun concealed floor safe. You can get really creative with location concealment and the least likely to ever be discovered by anyone not in the know. Under a kitchen cabinet or vantity false bottom, furnishings, fireplace brick works, under the fridge or lower drawer of an oven....

My uncle had one. A steel box he had his buddy weld a few inches of rebar sticking out all around the outside as concrete anchors then mixed his own crete and set it himself.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews