JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just sent in a partial list of the stolen items to local sheriff's dept. They wanted that list before they generated a case number. I found a cigarette butt and an empty partially burned Camel cigarette pack in my driveway. I believe it was left by the thief. There is a partial boot/shoe print on the door that was kicked in.
Yes, and you know what they say about words (partial list) and pics, and which is worth a 1000 of the other...
Good find on the cig and cig pack but DNA testing is expensive (in Mayberry) for a property crime.
Cops might do it, if you paid though. :rolleyes:
:s0112:

Last Edited:
Yes, and you know what they say about words (partial list) and pics, and which is worth a 1000 of the other...
Good find on the cig and cig pack but DNA testing is expensive (in Mayberry) for a property crime.
Cops might do it, if you paid though. :rolleyes:
:s0112:
I was thinking a print could be lifted off the pack?

I was thinking a print could be lifted off the pack?
It's possible, but unlikely they would follow up. Still, it's valuable information. If you ID your guy in the pic, and it turns out he smokes Camels (Somebody who knows him ought to know) then you've got some confirmation of your suspicions.

It's possible, but unlikely they would follow up. Still, it's valuable information. If you ID your guy in the pic, and it turns out he smokes Camels (Somebody who knows him ought to know) then you've got some confirmation of your suspicions.
This is where a potential for a reward could come in handy. If I shopped around the pics and the camel cig info to local area small convenience stores and gas stations, I might catch a lead that way.

This is where a potential for a reward could come in handy. If I shopped around the pics and the camel cig info to local area small convenience stores and gas stations, I might catch a lead that way.
Good idea! @ ?what $10+ a pack these days? Someone will know!

(I import mine from SC when we visit, about "pays" for the trips in "savings")

The ol' Paint Bomb video comes to mind...
I would have loved to see him spend the time to wipe all that paint off his prized rifle, pick it up, take a few steps and get hit by another one.

I might catch a lead that way.
But then what? I'm guessing the cops won't do much. Your stuff is probably sold off and the money spent on crack. Can't get blood out of those turnips. If it were me, and I confronted them, my emotions might get the better of me. If the guy/gal comes up missing or found in a wood chipper, there will be plenty of info out there you've been looking for them. The cops would probably do something then. Prevention might be the only path. Crappy situation all around brother.

I would have loved to see him spend the time to wipe all that paint off his prized rifle, pick it up, take a few steps and get hit by another one.

But then what? I'm guessing the cops won't do much. Your stuff is probably sold off and the money spent on crack. Can't get blood out of those turnips. If it were me, and I confronted them, my emotions might get the better of me. If the guy/gal comes up missing or found in a wood chipper, there will be plenty of info out there you've been looking for them. The cops would probably do something then. Prevention might be the only path. Crappy situation all around brother.

This is where my mind is at too. Amazing how living in/near population centers can warp a persons perception of things. The new normal. All of Oregon's law enforcement agencies are likely suffering from budget shortages thanks to the feckless "D"-bags in Salem.

Another place on the mountain got ransacked and they evidently found some of the items at this dirtbag's place. The guy is a known thief, dog abuser and a real POS. Some of my stuff could be floating around this property.

Screenshot (186).png

He'll never win "Yard of the Month" will he?

I wonder if he smokes Camels?
I wonder that as well. I sent an email to the Sgt at the Sheriffs office and asked if they still had access to the property, if they could look for items from my list I sent them yesterday. He probably won't acknowledge whether or not they are investigating this POS but hopefully they can still look over his property and see if any of my stuff is there.

I wonder that as well. I sent an email to the Sgt at the Sheriffs office and asked if they still had access to the property, if they could look for items from my list I sent them yesterday. He probably won't aknowledge whether or not they are investgating this POS but hopefully they can still look over his property and see if any of my stuff is there.
Edit. I also told them I could deliver the cigarette pack to them if they will try to lift a print off of it.

The guy is a known thief, dog abuser and a real POS. Some of my stuff could be floating around this property.
Do you know his name? If not, you can probably find out at the County Clerk's office who owns that property if you know the address. If you google his name you may be able to find some mug shots on line if he has previous arrests. See if he looks like the guy in your pic. Also, he may have a Facebook page. It sounds nuts, but a lot of these low-lifes are narcissists and get off on posting all kinds of pics of themselves on line. If he is the guy in your pic you may be able to find more pics of him in that jacket or with the fat chic.

(I import mine from SC when we visit, about "pays" for the trips in "savings")
don't forget you still owe oregon tax on that. :)
that's why i don't order cigs online, eventually the lack of an OR tax stamp will catch up with ya unless you buy completely anonymously.

65% tax on vape products in Oregon, and can't even order in from out-of-State. something wrong with that. :(

Do you know his name? If not, you can probably find out at the County Clerk's office who owns that property if you know the address. If you google his name you may be able to find some mug shots on line if he has previous arrests. See if he looks like the guy in your pic. Also, he may have a Facebook page. It sounds nuts, but a lot of these low-lifes are narcissists and get off on posting all kinds of pics of themselves on line. If he is the guy in your pic you may be able to find more pics of him in that jacket or with the fat chic.
I know his name but won't share it here as it's all part of the mtn rumor mill at this point. I don't know what he looks like but I don't think it's the guy in the snow pic at my place. According to my neighbor this feller is a big dude and the guy that visited in the snow didn't appear big to me.

don't forget you still owe oregon tax on that. :)
that's why i don't order cigs online, eventually the lack of an OR tax stamp will catch up with ya unless you buy completely anonymously.

65% tax on vape products in Oregon, and can't even order in from out-of-State. something wrong with that. :(
You are correct!

However the law is a bit ambiguous as towards importing them yourself ie in carry on or checked baggage, FOR PERSONAL USE.

The law is quite clear on the business/retail/resale side though.

I know his name but won't share it here as it's all part of the mtn rumor mill at this point. I don't know what he looks like, but I don't think it's the guy in the snow pic at my place. According to my neighbor this feller is a big dude and the guy that visited in the snow didn't appear big to me.
um
Try and find that fat guy's (whose name you know) Facebook page, the guy in the snow pic might be his friend, and he could be pictured there.
:s0092:
Edit: If not the snow pic guy, maybe a pic of the fat chick... :s0112:

Last Edited:
Would it be legal to load a virus on an SD card and put it in a sacrificial trail cam on my property? Could the virus be set up so that if a thief stole it and tried to view the pics on their home computer it would infect their computer?

One of the to do items on my next trip down to the property is to leave a greeting letter posted on the front and side doors of cabin. It will be addressed to invited guest except for the beginning paragraph which will warn uninvited guest to leave immediately in exactly the same footsteps they came in.

Some basic ingredients of the letter will be a reminder to cover up cameras inside the cabin per previously sent instructions and uncover them when they leave. I will apologize for the plethora of wireless cameras around the property and remind guest there will be no privacy while they are outside. I will ask them to notify me immediately if they arrive in a vehicle other than the one they informed me they would be using so nobody gets shot by protective neighbors. I will apologize for having no amenities available in the cabin. I will remind them to take everything with them when they leave the property for any reason. I will ask them to do all shooting in forest behind property unless they are taking down an intruder. I will remind them to keep dogs and kids with them at all times and to stay on path as outlined in safety map they previously received.

Last Edited:
Your only alternative is to make a trapdoor to the cellar, open a portal to hell and summon a cellar keeper like in Evil Dead.. sit back and watch.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top