JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was just going to say that! :s0155:

Yep. Again, during normal times, a druggy would rather rob a druggy, hoping to find guns and drugs and cash. And if they get lucky the robbed druggy won't even call the cops, for obvious reasons.

A well kept house with an alarm and lights probably has:

No cash or hidden cash

Locked up guns in a safe

No drugs

An ALARM

Cameras

That beings said, if people get really desperate, all bets are probably off.

Yep. Again, during normal times, a druggy would rather rob a druggy, hoping to find guns and drugs and cash. And if they get lucky the robbed druggy won't even call the cops, for obvious reasons.

A well kept house with an alarmbajd lights probably has:

No or hidden cash

Locked up guns in a safe

No drugs

An ALARM

Cameras

That beings said, if people get really desperate, all bets are probably off.

Just like the safety levers on my guns... ;)

My place, not very appealing to walk away with loot...

DDC2478F-4116-4B90-9E83-63C0CBAE50A6.jpeg

"Make your home uninteresting and unfriendly."

I'm not going to make my place look like a dump in order to keep cretins away.

I'm way to ornery to do that sort of accommodation in order to keep them at bay.

I didn't spend years making my place beautiful so some creeps can scare me into making my home uninteresting and unfriendly.

No way.

In recent weeks in the Salem/Keizer area many residents with outdoor motion activated cameras are seeing an increase with groups of teenagers walking the streets in at O' dark thirty attempting to break into cars while others are attempting to obtain entrance into houses and apartments. In some cases this happens in the day time and have been confronted and when so act tough, stand there are stare at you. No virus we can get up close and personal, not with a virus and if they are not a present threat the firearm can not be drawn.
Where? My kids live near Leslie and don't mention this at all.

Once upon a time I knew everyone in the neighborhood and they knew me. Now that most have sold or rented their homes I only know a few families.

The good, when your neighbors know you is safety and willingness to jump in. If my neighbor with her 3 little girls had a problem so do I. Though she have 2 big dogs and guns.

+1 on dogs. Even the smallest noise maker. That minute or extra few seconds to wake you is invaluable. Stay inside. Everything outside is replaceable.

Last Edited:
Bobby D was was the undisputed King of Cool after that (Apocalypse Now) came out. How Gene "I'll be in anything" Hackman missed that boat I'll never know... bad representation, maybe?

Love that guy (Duvall). I'm putting him up there with McQueen, Nicholson, and Newman for stage presence, scenery-chewing, and all around cinema cool points.

Holy crap, a living legend. He is still alive, right?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top