JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Harvest time, peas. My dogs like peas fresh and raw. Had been picking early ones and giving the dogs a few undeveloped pods for a treat. Time to pull the plants and pick all the pods. Dogs watching figured out where the pods came from and nosed into the pea plant pile and started picking their own rather than wait for the hand out.

I learnt a long time ago, giving the dogs samples from the strawberry patch was a no no. They'd help themselves. Before I knew it, the unripe berries got eaten to boot!! They figured out..that jumpin the fence was the only way in. Hehehe.

I since put a 5' fence around the fruits and veggies, but every year things start getting ripe, they try climbing the fence. I'd hate to see the damage they'd do if I took them to a commercial farm. Heaven forbid, they'd have the poops if they got free to pick their own flats.

Mine Share all my berries with the Bear(s) and leave us nothing! Before the Bear started hanging out, the dogs ate every thing they could reach, then Mr Bear shows up, and I cant even get down to the field to see what's left!

I feed the neighborhood dogs biscuit treats so that they will come around and patrol my land. They go after the mice and gophers - digging holes which is a pain in a way, but I give them praise when they get one.

Unfortunately they also often scare the deer away - but then the deer often eat my landscaping and apples and plums, so it's a trade off.

Gonna teach the new pup to hunt Millers (Rats). If there is no garbage service they'll be everywhere. At least we'll be eating when the SHTF.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top