JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pizza by the slice! Or even better would be a portable toilet on a little trailer you can tow behind a bicycle.
Then you gotta figure out where to dump all the stuff after your "portable poo machine " is full! Naw that's too much work to figure out, unless you just cut a little hole at the bottom and it kind of just "fell" out as you mosey down the road!

Last Edited:
Agree with Joe13. Portland will get to see 99% totality. Why waste time, fuel, money, and effort for that extra 1%. Not to mention dealing with idiots that will be out on the roads.

Sorry Folks, Oregon is closed for the Eclipse.

The moose outside should have told you.

gjt3eo.jpg

One of my favorite things to do is put myself in jeopardy by mixing in with a mass hoard 1-million strong rolling into an area of a state I know nothing about to a place wholly unprepared to accommodate the needs of the approaching hoard. But that's just me...

Our boss told us not to come in on that day - we can work from home, so he said don't bother - stay home and work there. He expects it's going to be a big PITA even in the PDX area.

I'm at 99.6% totality. I'm not going to bother... thinking I'll take a train up to Spokane after that, driving might be stupid that whole week.

With all the hype already, and building, now our governor has set the National Guard in motion for the event, we may see what militarization looks like. Preppers beware. this is only a test, but The conspiracy folks ( government mongers) have wanted to try martial law for awhile..

They are talking about all resources being severely taxed. Food, water, and gas will be in high demand. Just think of what it'll be like with all those people showing up and trying to drop into McD's, Sherris, and Burger King for lunch afterwards. Convenience stores will be packed and running out of cold drinks and snacks, not to mention gas.

Not an apocalypse, but people need to be prepared and self sufficient. If you plan on driving home afterward, prepare for heavy traffic and spotty cell reception since the networks will be overloaded. East side of the cascades will be much worse with scarce resources to start with.

hankjohnson.JPG

Aren't you all worried the weight of all them people will cause the Newberry Caldera to collapse in upon it self and burn up all those eclipse watchers?
---RepresentativeHank Johnson

Having lived and breathed in SW OR USA for almost 30 years, and having lived most of that at about 42N, 123W, I though I had pretty much seen it all: including wildfires, lawlessness, robberies, shootouts, small riots, thefts, mayhem, and whatever.

I do not even begin to comprehend what could happen to thousands of folks who up and come for the Total Eclipse Of The Sun. How many will even have PROPER eye protection? They couldn't possibly even make and sell enough correct sunglasses.

There are not enough gas cans in California to equip the California Hoards who come on up. Or enough bottled water to go around. There will be eye injures. Not enough water. Not enough gas. Not enough common sense. We are staying put thank you.

Or ... like said before, everything will work out perfectly in every way. Humm. ... :(

They are talking about all resources being severely taxed. Food, water, and gas will be in high demand. Just think of what it'll be like with all those people showing up and trying to drop into McD's, Sherris, and Burger King for lunch afterwards. Convenience stores will be packed and running out of cold drinks and snacks, not to mention gas.

Not an apocalypse, but people need to be prepared and self sufficient. If you plan on driving home afterward, prepare for heavy traffic and spotty cell reception since the networks will be overloaded. East side of the cascades will be much worse with scarce resources to start with.

Damn straight. I'll fill my Prii a week in advance and still be good for two more weeks.

Make a single large grocery run a week ahead of time... I'll be golden.

This eclipse needs a theme song. I propose massive numbers of government vehicles criss-crossing central Oregon playing this song over and over at high volume ;)

Can any of you who reside in the State of Oregon advise me as to the location of dispersed camping ares (i.e. not requiring a permit, (like just open land where my son and I won't get busted for vagrancy for spending a night in the open) within a couple of hours drive of the Path of Totality for the eclipse? The Path of Totality is roughly between the latitudes of Mcminnville in the North and Redmond in the South.
It doesn't have to be a camping area - anyplace we could crash for the night before would work. Yeah, I would pay to park in somebody's pasture.
Any and all help is appreciated.

I can get you access to 38 acres of flat grass land right next to the Madras airport. I have a friend that has property there. If you are interested...PM me for contact numbers. Way cheaper than any other private camping.....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top