JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago, I bought my son a leather starter kit. I proceeded to teach him the basic stuff I had learned when I was a kid in 4-H. Turned out he didn't enjoy it much, but I did. So, I stuck with it. Turns out the kit was for me, not him!

Dream Catcher for Mom. Dream caught in web.
View attachment 264328

Three wallets
View attachment 264330

Rifle strap for the old 30-40 Krag
View attachment 264332

Guitar strap for a brother
View attachment 264335

Lots more where thoses came from!

Those are very sharp, Cogs! The billfold with the Celtic knot is beautiful!

Turtle Lady-1.jpg
Luger Boat Kit. Two years in my garage. Wife would say...Our Boat...That Boat...When are you going to get that thing out of the garage? :( Once in the water it was, "Our Boat" again. :D

That was 3 boats ago..:eek::eek::eek:;)

Last Edited:
With 30 grains of 2F a .15 patch and a .530 roundball , it is quite "formidable".
Loaded down with 15-18 grains it is a wonderful teaching tool for youngsters as well.
Andy

Andy, I had one of those "Tower Flintlock" hand cannons at one time and discovered it was quite pleasant to shoot glass marbles. Virtually no recoil and they would splatter on impact.:D

The Tower Flintlock Pistol replica I had, the frizzen wasn't case hardened and she wouldn't spark so I had it converted to percussion. It was a lot of fun to shoot after I started to use glass marbles for ammunition. :D

This is a log skidder I built for an ATV. I had to shorten the arm but it worked pretty well and I drug a lot of trees out of the woods around my house in CT.

07_2009 ATV Skidder.JPG

Works.JPG

Thanks Orygun.
Black powder firearms are very fun to shoot.
And the clean up is not as bad as you might have heard...
Making or restoring the accoutrements that go with the guns is almost as fun as shooting them.
Guess I should also confess to making the powder horn as well.
Took an old charger and spout , put it on the horn and if you look real close you can see the Dragoon eagle I carved on the horn.
Andy

I'm looking forward to getting a cap and ball revolver one of these days, just to try my hand at bp shooting. It does look like fun.

Heck, after the next legislative session in Oregon in 2016, black powder firearms may be all that's left :(

I am partial to the Colt 1860.
If you can't find a Colt second gen. Uberti makes a nice copy.
Or if you are ever in my neck of the woods you are welcome to shoot my original 1851 Navy , 1860 Army or second gen. Dragoon.
Andy

I am partial to the Colt 1860.
If you can't find a Colt second gen. Uberti makes a nice copy.
Or if you are ever in my neck of the woods you are welcome to shoot my original 1851 Navy , 1860 Army or second gen. Dragoon.
Andy

I'm about 4 1/2 hours south of you, but I appreciate the offer. I've been looking at the Uberti's, mostly based on cost. I like the 1860 Army (probably my first choice) as well as the 1851 Navy models. Just something to try it out and see if I get hooked ;)

Uberti's are a good way to go.
Except for metric screws , rifling twist and depth and markings of course , they are pretty close to a Colt.
There are many other differences as well but all in all I think they make the best replica.
If you get one , let me know and I'll give you some loading and cleaning advice , if you want ...
Andy

Uberti's are a good way to go.
Except for metric screws , rifling twist and depth and markings of course , they are pretty close to a Colt.
There are many other differences as well but all in all I think they make the best replica.
If you get one , let me know and I'll give you some loading and cleaning advice , if you want ...
Andy

I will mark that in my notes. Thanks!

I built this trailer into and RV for motorcycle racing with full living quarters a shop with metal work bench and all amenities . 2 solar panels and satellite dish for TV and internet and possible comfort. Truck is a 94 Volvo WIA with 470 HP series 60 Detroit and 9 speed . Both truck and trailer are on air bags, like driving your pickup ! I was in construction for almost 40 years and built a lot of projects and about 150 houses as well. I owned a trucking company and a excavation, general contracting company. We built mostly sewer and water projects and commercial buildings. The rig is for sale if anybody wants a first cabin unit ? I have many more photos and it is also up at my website ! RV Trailer 2 002.jpg RV Trailer 2 002.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews