JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Make jewelry like this regularly. It's what I do.

View attachment 1255076
Nice! Man, been tempted to go into that trade although with the hurdles were likely facing soon I'd like a more stable industry. Have a interview at a local car dealership (flagship brand) coming up wed. And even though that will pay well. I'd still rather be in a even more stable job (like Tesla tech.) Gotta thinknlong term.

But that IS sweet I am kinda jealous.. Good work.

Nice! Man, been tempted to go into that trade although with the hurdles were likely facing soon I'd like a more stable industry. Have a interview at a local car dealership (flagship brand) coming up wed. And even though that will pay well. I'd still rather be in a even more stable job (like Tesla tech.) Gotta thinknlong term.

But that IS sweet I am kinda jealous.. Good work.
Been making jewelry since I was 12. That and farming is all I know. But like so many farm boys I left the farm.

Been making jewelry since I was 12. That and farming is all I know. But like so many farm boys I left the farm.
Not to derail the thread but I will just say I'm a former medical instrument tech which is loosely related. Fine detail type job. We work a lot with little jewelers torches and silver soldering hammering forming polishing etc.
So shout out!

A Tele Bass VI and converted an old speaker for cabinet duty. 1660176334672.png

6 string bass and its a Tele...impressive!

Mine's hardly on par with the craftsmanship you guys and gals exhibit, but I enjoy teaching myself how to weld and make stuff out of steel bedframes that I snag for free. Hence, my new kayak racks. The newly graveled area (under a waterproof aluminum deck) used to be a long weed-covered slope. Now it's cut and 'terraced' into four level 10x10' tiers. Far more useful.
IMG_7702.JPG IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_7719.JPG IMG_7700.JPG

Last Edited:
In the two middle pics, is that ironwood? Lignum vitae, or some such?
Actually, it was a little bowl I made using epoxy and Ponderosa Pine branch burls. Pretty much the same, sap-filled ones out in your back yard. I like them because they are plentiful (free really) and if you prep them correctly, they can make some really pretty pieces.

Thanks by the way!
Nice talent! Beautiful work!
Thank you! I just make them for family and friends. They make for good inexpensive gifts as I only use free wood from around my community. Today I got a 200lb Elm log. That, along with about 20 Paper Birch logs and a nice, big chunk of Plum will keep me busy for a while.

All y'all are so phuq'n much more talented than I am... it's pretty humbling... and very embarrassing... :oops:

Yeah, all Sobo likes to do is sniff glue. He likes it so much, he has to make his own now, just to keep up with his habit....
Hey (huff!) that stuff is pretty (huff! huff!) damned good (huff! huff! huff!), if I do say so myself (huff! huff! huff! huff!)...

* plonk! *

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads