JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand the Pink Floyd affliction addiction now. :D
FIFY :)

Pride_DSOM.JPG

I see occasional references to members here creating things with CNC machines.

Knowing nothing about the capabilities/limitations of this technology, I'm curious if CNC can be used to faithfully replicate a pair of grip panels for a Browning Hi Power. Of concern is the proper depth (or thin-ness) of each panel. Various merchants sell wooden grips supposedly for Hi Powers, but they're all noticeably fatter than real ones. They look and feel awkward on the pistol, like grabbing the wrong end of a bat.

Asked another way, if I have a proper-size pair of grips (black bakelite) to copy, can they be duplicated in wood? Or maybe a standard template is available somewhere? Can CNC do that?

Possibly in the Portland area?

Thanks for looking.

Between my wifes injury (fall resulting in a brain bleed) and covid, I was kinda stuck at home alot. So, after a bit of research . . . a 1/12th scale 'Nam era river gunboat, scratch-built.
57" long and 18" wide (that's a queen sized bed it's sitting on). It's an armored troop carrier and referred to as a 'Tango' boat. Oh, and it's radio controled; props and rudders.

IMG_20200531_133729414.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice boat!

Is that a game of "Chinese Checkers" I spy in the background? o_O
Whoo, kind of offensive! Are you playing 3d chess? Lol
Well, if I have not offended you yet today, then you are probably just farther down on my list; or so the t-shirt says.
I think Hayharnel was targeting me with that joke (about my reference to your Chinese Checkers game), Hooyah.
It was just a joke, as I'm sure was his. We're all good here. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads