JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Custom TIE fighter made from the inaccurate MPC 1995 kit; flipped wings around, added a rear hull extension made from a pill bottle, panels, scratchbuilt guns and torpedo launchers as well as details, and gave it actual engine thrusters made from telescoped styrene tubing. Hand painted flat/semigloss black, not sure if I want to use Gunship Grey for the details/main coloring over black, am planning to use Light Grey for the viewport spoked frame.
The original model kit was missing the following items;
Thrusters
Chin guns
Y shaped sensor pieces on each side of front
Panel lines in wrong place compared to movie model

I also added some details from various cut up models, just for the greeblies that Star Wars is famous for :D

In Star Wars jargon...
Long Range TIE with hyperdrive and shield generators; 4 laser cannons on wings, two torpedo tubes on the chin (where chin guns normally should be), stealth black coating applied (might forego it and apply thinned gunship grey overall).

20171022_235440.jpg 20171022_235448.jpg 20171022_235455.jpg 20171022_235539.jpg 20171022_235510.jpg 20171022_235527.jpg 20171022_235555.jpg 20171022_235637.jpg 20171022_235624.jpg 15087434298951175223413.jpg

Brushed my dog. He was leaving tumbleweeds all over.
I was thinking that I could take the bag of fur down to the Portland Saturday market and sell it as hipster cashmere.

IMG_20171122_155438.jpg IMG_20171122_155431.jpg

This is an exhaust setup Ive been working on for the last week or so. 3" mandrel bent tubing into an X pipe and around the center of my 4 link crossmember. Mufflers mounted ABOVE the rear end and out the back. Trying to free up some ground clearance . Dynomax super turbo mufflers. Sounds great . The 800 HP 540 was WAY too loud on the street with the old straight through mufflers that dumped in front of the rear tires. I had taken the car to a few shops before deciding to do it on my own and they had all looked at me like I was crazy and told me they couldnt do it.

trnVVv.jpg

wiy5Dg.jpg

OAjR5g.jpg

Last Edited:
Not exactly off-topic since it's gun related but it's something I designed and made in my own shop. A .22 conversion kit for the 1911 that only replaces the barrel and the magazine. It uses the original .45 slide and spring. When installed, the only original parts not in the gun are, yup, the barrel and the magazine. It totally functions as original (except for recoil and cost) and locks open on the last shot (most of the time. .22 being not all that consistent). Anyway, an interesting project. I'd hoped to market it but just as I was finishing up the prototype, .22RF became real scarce and sorta took the wind out of my sails so on to other projects.
conversion kit, 9-05 (s).jpg
The barrel was cut from barstock and rifled.
DSCF0011.JPG

I had the magazine flat laser cut to my drawing then made a bunch of forming tools to fold it up in my little press brake.
DSCF0026s.JPG

Then spot welded it with my Harbor Freight spot welder with custom electrodes I made. DSCF0043.JPG

Having proven a full-function .22 conversion could be done without making new aluminum slides etc. I had hoped to market the idea and be able to work on another of *too-many ideas*. No such luck so far :(

So I am currently working on the grill and the stuff around the grill on my Willys jeep project.

Finished up the Fog light mounting bar a couple weeks ago

S9Q0jRy.jpg

I made all of it from scratch.

a couple of snaps of the Fresh air intake and radiator over flow bottle (which was actually made 20 years ago for a 66 Chevelle project I sold off to help afford the Willys work.

8WVfak2.jpg

BNyBTQG.jpg

This photo shows the fresh air intake/box from the rear the oval black line just above the left side of the radiator is where the air duct will attach and lead to the air cleaner enclosure. If it all works out I will have a system setup so with a single pull of a cable control I close off the fresh air intake and open an air intake that forms around the #2 and #3 Header pipe where it exits the head to provide a warm air intake for cold starts and cold weather also to stop any water from splashing into the fresh air intake during water crossings

wki6SBC.jpg

And a shot of the highly modified CJ5 frame and suspension that is going under the mostly scratch built CJ2A tub.

MPiwSt9.jpg

If you want to see more my project blog is on the CJ-2A page here

A little project update on Chug A Lug

I took a perfectly good-ish Volvo, and "made" it in to this lunacy:
IMG_20171222_124143_699.jpg
Winch is an 8k Warn (functional), exhaust is straight pipe off turbo outlet (functional, and ridiculous), hood scoop is a California license plate off a WRX I owned in a past life (functional, ridiculous, and adds 20 h.p. since it came of an WRX)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top