JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0842.JPG
Grilled pizza

IMG_1234.JPG
Peach cheesecake

IMG_0353.jpg
Stollen.

I like. To cook.

I made this chess set many years ago on a hand screw lathe. Using hex bars ends from parts I was making on the automatic screw machines. This was before the advent of CNC machines. I had to use a lance as a knight because it was impossible to make a horse on a lathe at the time. :)

DSC_0156.JPG

On the right there is a hydroboost hydraulic assist brake unit from an 80's 3/4 ton GM truck. I machined an adapter to match up with the 70 Camaro firewall and a conversion pushrod . Also installed 3rd gen front disc brakes in back , adjustable proportioning valves, line lock etc.

Its very difficult to get standard vacuum assist brakes to work with big cams. That 540 will barely idle at 1200 RPM and the brakes were terrible even with all the usual tricks. The hydroboost is night and way in comparison. Stops on a dime now and the rear discs hold a full power brake to 4000.

n4fUi9.jpg

BdlmKo.jpg

Last Edited:
I build my own toys :) First build was in 2006 a 4 seat sandrail with a 450hp LS1. Played with it until 2010 when I sold it and started second build in 2010. Second build was a 2 seater with a Honda 3.5 N/A, about 280hp loved how it handled and ran it until last year when I decided it needed more power as I missed the torque of a V8. It is currently going through a engine/trans swap to a LS2/6.0 475hp. Did all the design and built frame, suspension and body.
16497D6F-6CF2-4BA6-A372-7CDC402D8D24.jpeg
C5553686-7FAC-4DBE-B460-5E4E17686BD0.jpeg
2BC23611-9658-4F83-9F41-9B5D15B08097.jpeg

I build my own toys :) First build was in 2006 a 4 seat sandrail with a 450hp LS1. Played with it until 2010 when I sold it and started second build in 2010. Second build was a 2 seater with a Honda 3.5 N/A, about 280hp loved how it handled and ran it until last year when I decided it needed more power as I missed the torque of a V8. It is currently going through a engine/trans swap to a LS2/6.0 475hp. Did all the design and built frame, suspension and body.

That thing has got to haul some serious bubblegum.

1965 R60. Unfinished, but still beautiful.

View attachment 417086

Sigh............My first motor-cycle was a BMW R25, the little 250cc single, with telescopic forks and a plunger rear frame. Mine was sidecar geared, and had the PTO hub to drive the sidecar wheel, AND a second, remote, hand-operated gear selector sticking out of the gearbox. 7832H, where are you?

I moved up to an R50, and R60 and finished up with a 1959 R69S. As for the engine note, it was virtually inaudible...all you could really hear were the swishing tyres/tires.

tac

Anyhow, I came here today to show you the latest railroad car to come out of my shops - it's a two-truck gondola from the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in North Devon, that has been resurrected from nothing but track-bed to a thriving narrow gauge line in one of THE most beautiful parts of mainland Britain. I already had one factory-made example, but when I went looking for a second-hand one, I found that they were the same price as I'd paid for my new car three years ago.

So, using the one I had as a template, I made my own, complete with over three hundred bolts and rivets and hardware, all made out of, uh, bits.

The awful movie is down to the use of a handy fifteen-year-old camera...sorry 'bout that.

tac

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads