JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Model 57

A44F41F6-6D88-4329-84DF-98030CB63058.jpeg

I'm curious. Why didn't they replace it with a titanium cylinder? Your choice?
The 7 shot 357mag titanium cylinder is no longer in production from what I was told. The same cylinder on the 520 was on the 386 as well.

They could only replace it with a 7 shot stainless from the 686+ line.

They do make a 5 shot Ti for the J frames, but obviously not going to work on the L frame.

Since my gun was a shooter and I enjoyed it, I didn't have a problem with the SS cylinder. They did offer a credit towards a new revolver if I wanted.

Michael's of Oregon used to make a nylon vertical shoulder holster. I had one for a 10.5" Ruger with a scope.

Made in France, I see, but what is it?
Manurhin MR 73 in 357

Just picked up my new 686+ need to find some woods to visit in Vancouver area to let her bark for me. Unfortunately there are some weird scratches or tool marks on the barrel above the Wesson. Not terrible but disappointing for a new gun none
Just picked up my new 686+ need to find some woods to visit in Vancouver area to let her bark for me. Unfortunately there are some weird scratches or tool marks on the barrel above the Wesson. Not terrible but disappointing for a new gun none the less

View attachment 1367416 View attachment 1367417

Unfortunately, these tool marks have become a common complaint with recent S&W high-end revolvers. I had same issue on the same gun you mentioned - mine had 7 different tool marks on the brand new revolver. I contacted S&W service center. They provided shipping, repaired / refinished the revolver - I had it back in about 5 weeks and it was very nice. They were very easy to work with.

Safariland model 101.... Quite a few on ebay... I"ve been wearing one for over 25 years for a 7.5 inch revolver. Good wear and comfort. While spring retains firearm make sure you get the front retaining strap for extra retention.
I went to the Safariland site to take a look and they do not currently offer a holster for the Anaconda.
This is the problem I am having trying to locate one.
So far just Craft Holsters has one.

I went to the Safariland site to take a look and they do not currently offer a holster for the Anaconda.
This is the problem I am having trying to locate one.
So far just Craft Holsters has one.
You don't say where you are on the coast, but I bet Ted Blocker Holsters, in Beaverton, has a mold to make on for an Anaconda? And coming from the coast you don't have to go through crap-hole potland!

You don't say where you are on the coast, but I bet Ted Blocker Holsters, in Beaverton, has a mold to make on for an Anaconda? And coming from the coast you don't have to go through crap-hole potland!
Just took a look at the site and I will follow up with them to see what they can offer. It looks good though.
Thanks!

Ted Blocker has a mold for the Colt Anaconda.

Then.....with a little bit of work, they are capable of making a semi-custom or a custom holster (without the mold). Well, I did it that way for my Diamondback 9mm.

Post #4

Aloha, Mark

PS......Note (from the web site) the "lead time" of 6-9 weeks.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads