JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know.
Despite the fact that he is the one making the claim.
Not FOX.

You and JG are still taking pot-shots at FOX for something an independent gun-rights advocate said.
In multiple places, multiple times.

And here you are, discrediting FOX for something THEY DIDN'T SAY!

I did not even read the link - it was enough that it was being quoted from FOX to make it suspect to me. Show it coming from another news source that isnt slanted all the way to the right and I will start to believe it.

James Ruby

Fox News is no worse or better than any of the other mass media outlets. It likely lies just like MSNBC, CNN, and all the others. Where do you get your news? Personally, I try to read all the different news sites and try to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Fox News is demonstrably worse. They've been caught making up the news. I saw the video. They had some nutball being interviewed and spouting paranoid speculation. He lost the last shred of credibility when he referred to Obama as "...their boy in the Whitehouse...". Sad.

Fox News is demonstrably worse. They've been caught making up the news. I saw the video. They had some nutball being interviewed and spouting paranoid speculation. He lost the last shred of credibility when he referred to Obama as "...their boy in the Whitehouse...". Sad.

don't watch any other new stations do you! thats common practice on most news stations they don't report news anymore they report opinion's

don't watch any other new stations do you! thats common practice on most news stations they don't report news anymore they report opinion's

As a matter of fact, I watch all the major network news, PBS news, and the morning news shows. I also spend a good part of my day researching financial news, since I make part of my living trading these days. FOX News is not to be trusted. They've prematurely reported on events before the actual facts were determined, and in some cases they've simply made up the "news" they reported. And since I know you'll want an example, here ya go:

President Obama said:
"I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't. But somebody gave us a chance — just like these folks up here are looking for a chance."
What Fox News said he said:
"Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth."

Fox News then ran to Romney for a reaction to what Obama said ABOUT HIM.

Now some dude (homeless like) shoved a guy in front of a Subway train in NYNY Now I'm confused should we ban the Subway or the Homeless.

Or was this all a misunderstanding

I did not even read the link - it was enough that it was being quoted from FOX to make it suspect to me. Show it coming from another news source that isnt slanted all the way to the right and I will start to believe it.

James Ruby

And why don't you educate all us simple folks as to which news source doesn't slant the news ?

(here's a hint, by human nature, they all slant it their way)

As a matter of fact, I watch all the major network news, PBS news, and the morning news shows. I also spend a good part of my day researching financial news, since I make part of my living trading these days. FOX News is not to be trusted. They've prematurely reported on events before the actual facts were determined, and in some cases they've simply made up the "news" they reported. And since I know you'll want an example, here ya go:

President Obama said:

then you know they are doing more reporting opinions than facts surprised you didn't mention npr also those folks are leading the pack in other words there all telling :s0063:

President Obama said:

Maybe if folks were a little more discerning about getting information from an entertainment morning show (Fox and Friends) vs. hard news segments? And as I recall the entertainment host Steve Doocy clarified and apologized for the inaccurate paraphrasing...

Pretty much any news outlet that isnt classified as entertainment - FOX is in my opinion the worse of the bunch. You guys actually consider that channel any better than the ENquirer?

James Ruby

Enquirer was the outlet that broke the John Edwards is a cheatin' sleazeball story.
I don't read them, but it is amazing that they are one of the few outfits that still do real investigative reporting, and have broken enough news stories to question why does the New York Times call themselves the paper of record?

Can't argue the message, so attack the messenger?

I have never heard of New Jersey University - is it the same as Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Fairleigh Dickinson University seems to me to be a well respected university (largest private institution in NJ), and FDU's PublicMind seems well regarded as an independent research group.

Do you have a reason (other than it's a University in NJ) to disregard the conclusions? Something that speaks to or indicates the contrary?

I find it amusing that they classify Fox News and MSNBC as politically biased, but are calling NPR neutral.
NPR is about as neutral is a unicorns are real.

I agree that MSNBC is as far left as FOX is right - I will stick with CNN and NPR. You guys listen to what you want but to me anything coming from FOX is queationable and is nothing more than entertainment to be taken lightly. When I hear of another channel / station reporting the same thing as FOX then there might be merit to what is being reported. To me FOX and the WWE are both fakes and should be grouped together.

James Ruby

I agree that MSNBC is as far left as FOX is right - I will stick with CNN and NPR. You guys listen to what you want but to me anything coming from FOX is queationable and is nothing more than entertainment to be taken lightly. When I hear of another channel / station reporting the same thing as FOX then there might be merit to what is being reported. To me FOX and the WWE are both fakes and should be grouped together.

James Ruby

Telling us 10 more times you hate fox does not make us care anymore.

If you had clicked on the link JG, you'd have seen Mr. Snyder on video making his claim, not FOX news editorializing.

I just have to laugh when you guys that REFUSE to watch FOX, or any news source, slam them for allowing differing opinions to be heard. Especially when you make ridiculous claims that FOX "said" something, when they have a guest on that is doing the talking, NOT their staff, and the video is proof of that.
Like in this case.

If you want to verbalize your disdain for someone's opinion, please do so accurately, by slamming the person or the opinion expressed in the video.
But in the land of free speech, to decry the medium, or the organization that respects free speech is the antithesis of liberty, and constitutional guarantees.
Especially since you refused to click on the link, and therefore invalidated your opinion on the matter, since there is NO WAY you could have known who was making the statement.

Should we, or FOX News edit/censor/silence these people just because you don't like what they have to say?
Does the network deserve your derision because they allow the voices of differing perspectives to have a little air-time?
MSNBC and the other alphabet networks regularly entertain/interview guests I disagree with, and while I may dismiss them as partially or wholly dishonest or disingenuous, I am not about to call for the network to censor or silence them, or for the network to be denied their broadcast license.

If you choose not to watch FOX, or ANY NETWORK that's your business. I rarely watch NBC, but I do occasionally. I don't watch FOX at all because I don't have cable or satellite service, but I do see an occasional FOX video on the web. Like in this case.

But from what I read on this forum regularly, most of you FOX haterz could use a regular dose of opinions that the differ from the mainstream media's pablum.
If only to see a little of what they have chosen to NOT TELL you! Media bias isn't so much what they say or show, it's what they DON'T say and/or show.

Stick your head in the sand if you like, or your fingers in your ears (and scream LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA).
But don't come in here afterwards and claim you are better informed because you refused to listen to a differing opinion, or watch a segment that covers the side of a topic you disagree with.

That's not just counter-intuitive, that's the perfect example of downright narrow-minded prejudice and willful ignorance.

I know.
Despite the fact that he is the one making the claim.
Not FOX.

You and JG are still taking pot-shots at FOX for something an independent gun-rights advocate said.
In multiple places, multiple times.

And here you are, discrediting FOX for something THEY DIDN'T SAY!

So you have the ability to look into and interpret the numbers of an opinion poll/study, but will accept the fact that a news outlet will report a story that has no backup, no sources, and present an opinion (unchallenged) as news?

Interesting balance there.

This story, the fact that people are apparently accepting it as true, and the fact that people are swallowing it appear to support the study, not debunk it.

FOX presents a story as news, based on a guys opinion, and people work themselves into a froth. Instead of looking into the story (beyond sources that parrot the original piece), people in this thread are jumping on those small handful of people that say "Hey. Something is fishy here". I suspect it's because the story feeds preconcieved notions more than the original report has any journalistic merit, but that's just my opinion.

FOX news is reporting this guys opinion as news - I am tired of the fear mongering being carried out by FOX and the conservative right. I support the first admendment but I do not support reporting a personal opinion as factual news. We have enough problems to deal with as a country without inventing them.

James Ruby

So you have the ability to look into and interpret the numbers of an opinion poll/study, but will accept the fact that a news outlet will report a story that has no backup, no sources, and present an opinion (unchallenged) as news?

Interesting balance there.

This story, the fact that people are apparently accepting it as true, and the fact that people are swallowing it appear to support the study, not debunk it.

FOX presents a story as news, based on a guys opinion, and people work themselves into a froth. Instead of looking into the story (beyond sources that parrot the original piece), people in this thread are jumping on those small handful of people that say "Hey. Something is fishy here". I suspect it's because the story feeds preconcieved notions more than the original report has any journalistic merit, but that's just my opinion.
Excuse me, but through my powers of observation, and my ability to discern meaning from things like punctuation, I have come to the conclusion that FOX news asks the question:
President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?
Notice the question mark?

FOX news asked a question of the man in the video, Mr John Snyder. They AT NO TIME presented it as "news" other than to mention that he had made the claim multiple times over the course of "the last few days," and asked him to clarify for the viewer how he came to make those claims and what the ramifications might be if they are true.

That is the very definition of journalism. Ask the questions, and let the voices be heard.

If you can't discern the difference between one man's opinion and the news, you may be indicative of the problem we have in this country.

That of people that don't know and/or can't tell what is best for the country, based on differing opinions and the right to express them.
And the difference between a guest editorial and a factual reference.
The only factual reference FOX made was to state that Mr Snyder made the claim, not that the claim itself was fact.

I will say it now for all to read:
Silence is golden, until it is forced upon you.

And until that day comes for me, I will praise to the skies the organization or business that gives a microphone to those voices.
Free speech is inconvenient when you disagree huh?
But does that make it wrong?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads