JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FOX news is reporting this guys opinion as news - I am tired of the fear mongering being carried out by FOX and the conservative right. I support the first admendment but I do not support reporting a personal opinion as factual news. We have enough problems to deal with as a country without inventing them.

James Ruby
See my post above concerning the "factual news" part JG.

The problems we have in this country, will NEVER be solved by people that refuse to listen to opinions that differ from their own.

Like you just did.

FOX news is reporting this guys opinion as news - I am tired of the fear mongering being carried out by FOX and the conservative right. I support the first admendment but I do not support reporting a personal opinion as factual news. We have enough problems to deal with as a country without inventing them.
James Ruby

That statement is just Hilarious when that is how the liberal progressive party runs thier lives and political asperations. Unless you are lying to yourself you better leave the liberal party. But then lying to yourself is another admirable trait liberal possess. Most of our problems are created by liberals to be the hero party to the uninformed. Keep up the good party line your right in loc step.

This is a blog not a news channel - this blog is all about personal opinions and beleifs. I am certain that he would be welcome on here to expound his beleifs and opinions as most of us are. To expound somones personal opinion on a news channel is not news, the problem is that everyone thinks it is news and is treating it as such. I am not against his opinion I am against the fashion it is being distributed in. Wether I beleive him or not is a different story. FOX knows very well by asking these questions that they are stirring the pot which is good for thier ratings.

James Ruby

Excuse me, but through my powers of observation, and my ability to discern meaning from things like punctuation, I have come to the conclusion that FOX news asks the question:

Notice the question mark?

Interesting you can give the benefit of nuance to FOX News (the term News used to mean something) over a question mark, but are wholly uninterested when I say "That may or may not be true" preceeding my posts of the independent study.

FOX news asked a question of the man in the video, Mr John Snyder. They AT NO TIME presented it as "news" other than to mention that he had made the claim multiple times over the course of "the last few days," and asked him to clarify for the viewer how he came to make those claims and what the ramifications might be if they are true.

I see.

FOX *NEWS* presents a story. Because FOX *NEWS* doesn't classify the report as "news", and uses a question mark, it's a valid story - worthy of news reporting, even though it's an opinion piece (that they do not indicate is an opinion piece). On a news network. That only reports news when they don't use a question mark. And say it's news. When they don't do that, they are a bastion of free speech.

Fascinating.

P.S. Has any other news outlet reported the story? Has Snyder provided anyone with his mystery sources? No? Huh.

The last time I cooked up something, I "stirred the pot" a lot.
You see JG, I wanted the contents of the pot to be integrated, to become part of the whole dish, to be cooked evenly, and for the flavors of the ingredients I had placed there to support and compliment each other.
Not remain separate and isolated with some burnt on the bottom and others isolated on the top, with some warm and others cold.

You could say that by "stirring the pot" I brought the 99% and the 1% together.
But then again, I listen to opinions that differ from my own. as they lend perspective to issues, just as spices in a stew highlight/bring out the flavors of the components and help them meld together to become the meal.
Ask any chef, sugar is sweeter with a little salt.

Just as the country needs a whole solution, not just a bunch of discordant voices pulling for their own self interests, or a single opinion that shouts down the rest.
The stew would be pretty bland and not very nourishing without a variety of ingredients and a little spice.

So if FOX news "stirs the pot" and sheds a little light on an otherwise closed and darkened mind,...
I'm good with that.

P.S. Has any other news outlet reported the story? Has Snyder provided anyone with his mystery sources? No? Huh.
Hint here:
That's what makes it his opinion.
And here you are again, slamming FOX because they let him speak it, and explain his reason(s) for believing so.

But hey, when Charlie Rose or Rachel Maddow ask Al Sharpton if he thinks Republicans and/or TEA party members are racist, I suppose that's not okay with you either?
No problem with that?
And if Al answers in the affirmative,...
That makes it fact?
That makes it NEWS?

No it doesn't, it's just Al's opinion.
But since you seem to have so much trouble discerning the difference between opinion and fact, do you believe that they are racist?

But more importantly, does doing so mean we should silence Charlie and Rachel? And what about Al? Should we silence him too?

I resemble that remark when it comes to FOX - there are plenty of other news channels that I am more than willing to watch without bias.

James Ruby
Therein lies your problem JG.
Your belief that they lack bias.
That and your closed mind.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water,.....

I resemble that remark when it comes to FOX - there are plenty of other news channels that I am more than willing to watch without bias.James Ruby

Really From the dept of redundancy redundany after saying the same thing 10 more times maybe your point will be understood. NOT

Not sure why people feel its so important to take the OP off topic so fast. Its like screaming 'LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!' over and over.
Like I asked my kids when they were young, if you want attention all you have to do is ask for it.
We can debate the merit of what the guest on the network said. Like all network 'news' segments, they typically just let the guest state their point and then allow the audience to decide what they think. If the guest is on a Themed show, then you have opinions bandied about for the entire hour.
The anti 2A folks would probably love reading this thread and seeing us at each others throats over peripheral issues. It is designed to divide us after all.
If we support the 2A then we have to be like fire fighters during a drought summer in the woods. Regardless of the source, we have to investigate every report of smoke because the potential of not doing so is to lose the forest. Yet here we are, 'fire fighters' sitting in the fire house arguing over who reported the smoke, escalating into angry rhetoric while a potential conflagration brews.
Figure out if its real (Obama said only weeks ago that he would like a Clinton type ban) and if its false then move on to the next one.

Therein lies your problem JG.
Your belief that they lack bias.
That and your closed mind.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water,.....

Really From the dept of redundancy redundany after saying the same thing 10 more times maybe your point will be understood. NOT
Nailed it !......:s0155:

I agree that MSNBC is as far left as FOX is right - I will stick with CNN and NPR. You guys listen to what you want but to me anything coming from FOX is queationable and is nothing more than entertainment to be taken lightly. When I hear of another channel / station reporting the same thing as FOX then there might be merit to what is being reported. To me FOX and the WWE are both fakes and should be grouped together.

James Ruby

Didn't CNN recently edit out a section of an Obama interview to protect him just before the election?

And faking Palestinian injury's, and when caught removed all the Videos from Anderson Cooper site?

AiM and MRC have both busted CNN for selectively leaving out important facts in news to suit their Agenda.

Didn't CNN recently edit out a section of an Obama interview to protect him just before the election?

And faking Palestinian injury's, and when caught removed all the Videos from Anderson Cooper site?

AiM and MRC have both busted CNN for selectively leaving out important facts in news to suit their Agenda.
Ahh yes, as a matter of fact they did!
And to quote Mrs Palin:
"Say it ain't so (wake)Joe!"

Nahh, they would never leave things out to protect the prez.

Without bias indeed.
:s0140:

Enough is enough!

I think it's time to remind everyone.....

There are just as many decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty. ☺

I think tomorrow I will give them a call... 1-877-378-5457 (toll free) and just ask them how many regulations there are. :D

You mean proposed regulations currently published for comment, or do you mean in the entirety of the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations - if the name hasn't changed)? For the last 90 days, regulations.gov says 5837 (up 17 since my last comment) are currently published for comment. For the CFR, I don't think there are enough fingers and toes in the universe to count them all.

elsie

That statement is just Hilarious when that is how the liberal progressive party runs thier lives and political asperations. Unless you are lying to yourself you better leave the liberal party. But then lying to yourself is another admirable trait liberal possess. Most of our problems are created by liberals to be the hero party to the uninformed. Keep up the good party line your right in loc step.

Please stop refering to these people as liberals. Anyone that believes that the state should be vested with these enormous powers over the individual are anything but liberal. These statists have appropriated that word for themselves, because redefining the meaning of words is what they love to do. I refuse to allow them the theft of such a noble word as liberal (based on liberty).

Got your redundancy So you told me what I could not call them, what can I call them How about just progressives which is an oxymoron. Hard to win with ?????

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top